Your ideal Spray Tan solution.......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spray 2 Go

Independent Geek!
Reaction score
Which of the following 10 points do you consider to be the most important when chosing a spray tanning product for your clients?

Please arrange these points in order of importance from the top being the most important.....

• company reputation
  • customer service
  • accredited training
  • ease of website and ordering systems
  • price
  • good initial colour & wear off
  • smell - scented or unscented
  • natural ingredients
  • choice of solutions with different %'s
  • point of sale material
If there is anything else you feel is missing from this list or you have any ideas of what your ideal solution and provider needs to offer let us know!

Happy New Year to you all!

With kind regards

Mandy x

Have put a number of priority against each question. Couldnt be bothered to re-arrange the questions - too complicated for me. :lol:

Please arrange these points in order of importance from the top being the most important.....

• company reputation 3
  • customer service4
  • accredited training9
  • ease of website and ordering systems8
  • price5
  • good initial colour & wear off 1
  • smell - scented or unscented7
  • natural ingredients 6
  • choice of solutions with different %'s 2
  • point of sale material
If there is anything else you feel is missing from this list or you have any ideas of what your ideal solution and provider needs to offer let us know!

With kind regards

Mandy x

I would have probably have added the actual spray tanning equipment provided to this list as this was one of my major factors when I chose Tantrick recently.

HTH

speak to you soon.

• good initial colour & wear off/ choice of solutions with different %'s (ive put these together because surely the colour is related to the solution?!)
  • price (we all know you get what you pay for, but no body wants to pay over the odds.)
  • customer service
  • company reputation (when clients ask what i use and i say tantrick they have never heard of it and pull a bit of a face, but then once i tell them about it and they try it they love it. I spose it would be nie to get people calling the salon because i use tantrick, but not many consumers have heard of it, they are still in the 'st tropez' mind frame)
  • accredited training
  • ease of website and ordering systems (I try to order everything online, mainly because i remember out of office hours and also i hate phoning! so its frustrating for me if the online service doesnt work properly)
  • smell - scented or unscented (people expect 'fake tan' to smell a bit, as long as it doesnt smell like curry i dont think people are too bothered!!)
  • natural ingredients (this is a bonus to a great tanning solution really. i dont think the consumer is too bothered what is it as long as they get good results!)
  • point of sale material

HI Mandy

Please find my list inorder of priority below. I guess the order of things may change person to person dependant on the type of business they have...mobile or salon, part-time/full time etc

• [*]good initial colour & wear off
    [*]
    customer service
    [*]choice of solutions with different %'s
    [*]natural ingredients
  • price
  • company reputation
  • point of sale material
  • accredited training
I also think supply of actual equipment and ongoing support of that important, along with recognition of long-term relationships and customer loyalty. Too many companies out there do everything to win the new customer and don't teake caer of the existing ones...or vice versa. There needs to be a better balance.

Hope this is useful.

• accredited training
  • company reputation
  • natural ingredients
  • price
  • customer service
  • point of sale material

1. Good initial colour and wear off
2. Choice of solutions with different %'s
3. Ease of website and ordering
4. Price
5 Company reputation
6. Smell - scented or unscented
7. Natural ingredients
8. Accredited training
9. Point of sale material

2. good initial colour & wear off
3. choice of solutions with different %'s (if you have no choice then you cannot offer a tan to everyone)
customer service (I went with Tantrick first because of the fab tan and lack of overspray, but Also because Mandy was just so brill)
5. price (value for money is key)
6. natural ingredients (it's a great selling point to clients - no alcohol)
7. smell - scented or unscented (if your tan smells awful clients won't come back, people often comment on how nice tantrick smells)
8. point of sale material (great to help with marketing and for post procedure care)
9. accredited training (I am a great believer in traing and maybe should have put this higher, but I don't know how worried people would be if it's not accredited, it wasn't when I first joined!)
10. company reputation (TBH very few people ask for tantrick, they ask for St tropez, there are so many companies now that even the therapists get confused never mind the clients!!! I have 100% faith in my product and so can sell it confidently. It;s never been an issue to me - a nice healthy looking tan, with natural ingredients that won't go orange or streaky is how I sell it! Although if it was better known then it would be easier to gain new clients. And if the company had a bad reputation then I would go elsewhere)
11. ease of website and ordering systems (doesn't bother me at all!)

Oops sorry the numbering went wrong!!!

Which of the following 10 points do you consider to be the most important when chosing a spray tanning product for your clients?

• company reputation 6
  • customer service 5
  • accredited training 8
  • ease of website and ordering systems 4
  • price 3
  • good initial colour & wear off 2
  • smell - scented or unscented 9
  • natural ingredients 7
  • choice of solutions with different %'s 1
  • point of sale material 10

With kind regards

Mandy x

AMB XXXXXXXXXX

Since I have been doing regular tanning recently with Tantrick solutions I have found the following

• company reputation 10
  • customer service 7
  • accredited training 6
  • ease of website and ordering systems 8
  • price 3
  • good initial colour & wear off 1
  • smell - scented or unscented 4
  • natural ingredients 5
  • choice of solutions with different %'s 2
  • point of sale material 9
My clients in Scotland haven't really heard of Tantrick which is why i have rated it 10

I have scored it based on my customers rections rather than my own personal rating which would bump up accredited training customer service and ease of website and ordering as these are the things that make my life easier.

• accredited training
  • company reputation
  • natural ingredients
  • price
  • customer service
  • point of sale material

I have taken Cathies choices as they are exactly the same order I would have chosen.

Most of my clients want a tan to last (a week if possible) are impressed with having a choice of dha% and think 'one tan for all' is a bit old hock. I often have compliments on the training certificate I have placed at the side of my booth and when I explain about being trained.. they look quite impressed and often have commented on 'oh I didnt realise you would need training' humm.. they seem impressed with this fact.

To be fair I don't think any of my clients have heard of Tantrick before they use me, they have all heard of St Tropez and have often tried this before I notice on the client record cards. For the clients who regularly came back during the summer for top ups, I regularly got comments such as it didnt dry their skin as other tans had and the smell didnt get on their nerves as other tans so that is important too.

Latest posts

Back