£22.50 Fake Bake tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
in the recession, do you think that £22.50 is too much to charge for a pray tan ( £15.00 to tan parties):D

Are you mobile or salon based? I charge 20 mobile and have done for years, would like to up prices to 22 after all petrol prices are at an all time high but not sure clients would pay the extra? there is a lot of competition out there and lots of people are de-valuing the service in my opinion with tans for a tenner etc

is this from a salon? I paid £20 for a fake bake tan a few weeks ago and definitley wouldnt pay that much again as there are loads of mobile spray therapists offering them for around the £15 mark. but you live at the opposite end of the country so I would do you research and see how much they are at your competitors salon. To me, I think it is too much.

hope that helps
Karen

I think that's a reasonable price. £15 for a 1 visit tan is too cheap after you add on petrol and travel time. I think it's a good price for parties.

Are you mobile or salon based? I charge 20 mobile and have done for years, would like to up prices to 22 after all petrol prices are at an all time high but not sure clients would pay the extra? there is a lot of competition out there and lots of people are de-valuing the service in my opinion with tans for a tenner etc
well said !! it has being devalued solution cost is around £2.00 a tan then you have petrol and time our most succesfull mobile girl charges £20 a tan and she wont budge she does 50 plus a week, when people say they can get it cheaper she says "ok if you want to look like a bright orange umpah lumpah next week for the sake of a tenner try it" i really think if a service is too cheap people wont buy it , middle of the road is best we recommend between £15 and £20 per tan depending on your area

I am actually mobie maybe it ought to be £20.00 , as i dontdo that many, i think this is good, as salons are charging more, many £25-£30.00:twisted:

I am mobile spray tanner and charge £15 for spray tan and add extra additional for travelling charges!x

I charge £25 for a single mobile Fake Bake spray tan, which I increased from £20 last September. This is reduced to £20 for 2+ tans at the same appointment and this really does encourage clients to get a friend to have a tan too.

When things go quiet at the end of September, I'll be offering a promotional price of 2 Tans for £35 (same appt).

I also offer a Loyalty Scheme of a free spray tan after every 5 tans. This then works out to 6 tans for £125, or as little as £100 if the client has been part of double/party bookings the whole time.

Although there are a number of local spray tanners who charge £20, I'm quite happy charging more and some of the local salons and spas are charging £30-£40. A lot of work can go into the client's first appointment and my way of thinking is that I want to reward my returning clients. There's absolutely no way I'd do a single spray tan for £15 or £20, it's just not worth it for me.

xx

i think a lot of it is also dependant on what local salons and mobile tanners are charging in your area. I think the best thing to do would be to ring around and find out. I know in my area that salons charge between £15 and £20 and mobile charge from £10-£20 so I keep my prices in accordance with the competition. No fear of my clients looking like an oompa loompa even if i do charge them a tenner for my nouvatan!:lick: they way I look at it is I am still making a profit. Every single person is looking for a profit and as long as you make it and are happy with what you get then it shouldnt matter! If you are comfortable charging that amount then do it, only you can make that decision. Is your mortgage dependant on it? or is it just to pay for extras like a holiday? do you do it coz you enjoy it? all these factors come into consideration (by the way, those questions were retorical)

We charge £22.50 for a fake bake spray tan in my salon.

I charge £25 for FB spray tan, two at £20 each if they come at the same time. I also do a loyalty scheme of buy 5 tans get 1 free.

I am salon based and I think £25 is a really good price.

I charge £25 for a single mobile Fake Bake spray tan, which I increased from £20 last September.

How did your client's take it?

I'm just deciding whether to increase my price for Vani-t Velocity. I am way way too cheap at the moment, don't know what I was thinking at the time when I priced it! I charge £20 and have some clients who really love it but am feeling I really should be charging anywhere between £22-25 per tan for it. They know it really lasts, on most of them 10-14 days if they maintain it well and the fade is great.

I've just tried Nouvatan and think I will be offering that soon and will price at £18-£20 but undecided at the moment.

I also think I might start introducing prices for two at a time and whether I have to do it mobile or from my home treatment room.

we charge 16 and although we have tried to increase it, our area is rural and our most of our competition are offering fake bake, sienna x etc etc for £10.........

I charge £18 for FB and st tropez,,tbh fakebake is not as expensive as some tans its all in the name and branding. My most popular tan is LA tan I spray on average 15 clients per week,,some weeks more. I keep the price low,, yet I would never make anyone like an oompoah lumpah either,,, I do also however offer sunlabs,mid price, and sudo st tropez, and fake bake at £18 or two people for £25 at same time and usually 4 or 6 book in.:lick:

I'm salon based and charge £12.50. I think if you're mobile then you should charge more. If you are driving from client to client and having to set up and then pack away, it takes more time and you have petrol costs too. It probably takes 40+ mins to do one client. I can do 4-6 clients in an hour so i can do it cheaper. I do 25+ tans every week and my booth cleans itself so my hourly rate is very good :D

How did your client's take it?

I'm just deciding whether to increase my price for Vani-t Velocity. I am way way too cheap at the moment, don't know what I was thinking at the time when I priced it! I charge £20 and have some clients who really love it but am feeling I really should be charging anywhere between £22-25 per tan for it. They know it really lasts, on most of them 10-14 days if they maintain it well and the fade is great.

I've just tried Nouvatan and think I will be offering that soon and will price at £18-£20 but undecided at the moment.

I also think I might start introducing prices for two at a time and whether I have to do it mobile or from my home treatment room.

I think you could definitely charge more for Velocity as it has the convenience of washing off sooner.

I charge £22 and I'm mobile.
There are loads setting up around in my area ofering ridiclous prices of £10 upwards but theres no way I would even consider going cheaper.
If I had the choice of a £10, £15 or £20 in all honesty I would probably go for the £20 as I see you get what you pay for, I would also look at their experience etc.
I use a quality product and give a quality tan with years of experience to go with it, this is my living and not just a pocket money thing.

Latest posts

Back