5 weeks between appts & badly stained nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
This is my morning client todays nails as she came in - with a coffe coloured polish on - not one of my polishes.
When I removed the enamel I almost fainted with shock!!!!
Her nails were pea green underneath - she had used a green polish she'd bought over the counter somewhere & when she'd removed it - they were stained this colour!!!!!
She was in for a rebalance - a bit overdue, she normally goes 4 weekly.
So here's the before & after pics!
Apart from the missing index fingers - this is a NNO.

Attachments

• Fiona 5 weeks stained by OTC enamel.JPG
    Fiona 5 weeks stained by OTC enamel.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 2,523
  • Fiona - after (L&P).JPG
    Fiona - after (L&P).JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 429
  • Fiona - after rebalance.jpg
    Fiona - after rebalance.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 431
Wicked transformation Bev! :green:

Never mind green nail polish, it looks as though she's been clearing out her more than rank fishpond :lol:

Hi Bev,
She had turned them YUK!!!!!:eek:
Wow what a transformation. Did you use Creative to cover that shocking green. I can tell these have been done since The Event......the elongated nail beds and smile shape are just lovely.
Well done.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Wicked transformation Bev! :green:

Never mind green nail polish, it looks as though she's been clearing out her more than rank fishpond :lol:

LOL...you are not kidding. I think I saw something that color in a diaper, once. :eek:

Great job, by the way, Bev! :hug:

Hi Bev,
She had turned them YUK!!!!!:eek:
Wow what a transformation. Did you use Creative to cover that shocking green. I can tell these have been done since The Event......the elongated nail beds and smile shape are just lovely.
Well done.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Yes, I buffed the staining off, filed off the usual for a rebalance and reshaped & usual prep. I did my own CB mix with CND neutral & shimmer powders.
I have mine in an almond and I've 'turned' about 5 die hard squoval wearers into almonds since the event. This lady's nails are very big and I tried my best to do the almond, I think they are inbetween ovals & almonds, but they suit her so much better.
She was delighted with them
I'm also using my ultra sculptor, which I'm having a few smile line issues with - tucking in etc, but it's a great brush.

Great Job Bev they look fab.

Wow Bev, what a transformation, the green looked yuk, I can just imagine your face when you saw them.

I have tried using my ultra sculptor too but can't quite get the hang of it just yet, it scares me a wee bit :lol:

i couldnt believe the colour of them even though you warned us.
the transformation is just spot on bev,everything about them is just right they look lovely with smiles to die for.i agree about the shape suiting her better aswell.xx

wow bev they look fab!!... i too couldnt prepare myself for the green staining u had mentioned!
xx

Thank you everyone - it's very kind of you all to say what you have:hug:

I'm very critical of my work & there are a few smiles not really doing it for me, because I'm using my ultra sculptor brush & tucking in, I end up with quite a big 'cave' under the white, and then I have an apex in the smile & an apex half way along zone 3 so they look awful before I've filed them lol!
I'm finding the filing technique tought to us by Rox and Jan & Amanda a bloody godsend, my finish seems so much sleeker using it.

Hi Bev
I would just like to say those nails are lovely and what a transformation from those horrible green ones, I hope to be as good as you in the near future. Just finished day 4 of my 5 day creative foundation at Leeds and desperatley want to be good at L&P.

Hi Bev
I would just like to say those nails are lovely and what a transformation from those horrible green ones, I hope to be as good as you in the near future. Just finished day 4 of my 5 day creative foundation at Leeds and desperatley want to be good at L&P.

your definatley in the right place hun - good luck on day 5 - you'll love it, it's the best training I've ever done.
xxxxx

Wow, what a transformation. I bet she was so pleased you could bring them back to loveliness! xx

Last edited:
Wow, what a transformation. I bet she was so pleased you could bring them back to loveliness! xx

Considering she was another lady who loved her 'squoval' nails and has had those with me for 18months + - she took one look at mine nd said - I'll have those please lol!

What a transformation. Fantastic job and lovely look.

Bev what an amazing transformation. The original nails look yeuch! But the enhancements you gave her are so elegant, clean, feminine. They make such a difference to her hands. Truly an enhancement :hug:

What a transformation!

Complete makeover, all I can say is WOW!:)

Your client must be thrilled. they are fab and I love the shape.

I've been wearing almonds for 3 weeks and coverted two clients and they love them and they look so much better than square, and they are much easier to wear IMO.

Thanks for sharing!:hug:

xxxxxxxx

what a colour! the nails are underneath are just the norm arnt they? square boxy traditional smile line then wham! change the shape and elongate the nail and look what happens beautiful nails that compliment the hand.
Fab job have only changed one person this week to almonds but like you i too am on a mission!
Great work

Great work Bev .......
sorry to sound like a cynic, .... but now she can take them away and wreck them again, I hate clients that don't respect my work.
I hope you charged her plenty.

They look fabulous, I just love almonds too :)

Latest posts

Back