A little tip on how to remove a wasp sting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An*Gel

Premium Geek
Reaction score
I know this probably should be a blog, because I'm not asking a question, but I thought more of you geeks would see it if I posted on the main forum and it's a good tip so I just wanted to share.

My 4 year old was stung by a wasp a few days ago and was in agony (they seem to be everywhere at the moment!!:irked:)... I had no idea how to remove the sting, which looked embedded in his finger...it looked just like a splinter and I'm sure this trick would work for splinters too.

So, my Mother got some Sellotape and stuck it to his finger and pressed hard and then pulled it off again (bit like waxing) and bingo... there was the little sting on the tape!

He stopped crying straight away.... clever eh?

Hopefully none of you will need to use this, but it might come in handy some day :hug:

Well, I'm back again with my "wasp tips" :lol:

I don't know about the rest of you... but I am just sick of wasps now at this stage!!

I'm usually in the middle of doing a set of enhancements and a wasp will come in through the window and most clients jump up and usually, in the end, it's fatal for the nails and the wasp!

Last Friday was the worst... open window and 4 wasps in the room after minutes of opening the window :mad:and it's just so warm that I need my window open.

:idea:So, I got some bug spray and sprayed the window sill outside and all along the outside part of the window (not the glass)

It worked a treat!!... not a wasp in sight for the rest of the day and no smell of bug spray either.

More wasp tips next week :lol:

Lovely because i am terrified of them, like you would not believe, its an awful phobia, have been known to make a show of myself in public, knock over tables whilst screaming and running and shaking my body off down the road like a raving lunatic, years ago i also left my sons pram in the middle of the street whilst i ran off tearing away from a wasp, my mother nearly beat me all the way home for abandoning my baby!! Id face a lion rather than a wasp as silly as it sounds!! :eek:

Lovely because i am terrified of them, like you would not believe, its an awful phobia, have been known to make a show of myself in public, knock over tables whilst screaming and running and shaking my body off down the road like a raving lunatic, years ago i also left my sons pram in the middle of the street whilst i ran off tearing away from a wasp, my mother nearly beat me all the way home for abandoning my baby!! Id face a lion rather than a wasp as silly as it sounds!! :eek:

You are a nut :lol:

Hi guys.

I'm the same. I hate wasps. I react to the stings, not badly but it's still scary. I run a mile when I see a wasp. I hate going out at this time of the year but with three youngsters, I hate been at home all day as well lol. I'm wrapped up like a mummy as are my kids so that the less skin showing, the less chance of being stung. Horrible time of the year bring on the frost. Some great tips there, I'll definitely be trying the window one out.

I was never afraid of wasps until this year... for some reason they're even more vicious than usual and seem to sting people for no reason!!

I can hear one as we speak... now where did I put that bugspray?:wink2:

Can you not make an insect net to go across your window when its open? You get the breeze and they cant come in xx

IF you are ever in a jam you can clean off a credit card (or something very similar to it) and scrape that over the area where the bee, or wasp has stung and it drags out the stinger like an extractor!

Ooohh more wasp tips... this is great, I'll have to change the title of the thread to the official wasp tips thread :lol:

Latest posts

Back