Advertising your business on your car window

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Does anyone do this? Do you get a lot of strange calls if so?

I've just bought a lovely new car and want something nice if I am going to have signwriting to go into the back of it.

Does it affect your image?? Is this a good/bad thing?

Please help

I think it's a good thing, will certainly get you noticed! Only drawback with it is that it will be on there permanently (until you want to get it off) so if you are going out somewhere non work related it will be on there too.

You need to make sure you have business use on your car insurance really, especially if its going to be signwritten because they would query that in the event of an accident I would think if you only had the car insured for pleasure use! :)

hi there, i say go for it, i can drive. but i dont ,lost my confidence
but if i ever get going again, im going to put something on the car,
i get strange phone calls anyway, usally as im doing my supermarket shopping. what kind of car is it hxx

Hi

I have roller blinds on mine - customised to my own wording and design. Gets me a lot of attention and business.

If I don't wish to advertise, I just roll them up!:)

Check this website out www.tsl-products.co.uk

I've not done it yet, but I'm about to use the car for advertising. This is a mock up of what I'm getting done:

waxingforguys_sides.jpg

Both sides and the back is £100 - and I think it looks soo much better then small door magnets.

Mat

I have sign writing on the back windscreen of my car, it has certainly brought me business as I have my web address on there too so if people can have a nosey and look at costs etc.

hth:)

:) Hi I have magnets on either side and one on the back, very reasonable price from vista print. They look great and can be removed if im going somewhere I dont want to advertise.x

I've not done it yet, but I'm about to use the car for advertising. This is a mock up of what I'm getting done:

waxingforguys_sides.jpg

Both sides and the back is £100 - and I think it looks soo much better then small door magnets.

Mat

Wow Mat..that is amazing...certainly say's on the can what you do hey :hug:

Does it bring you in any business or just gets you noticed and is that your dustbin with the number 3 ...maybe worth sticking adds on that also,...now that would get noticed :lol:

Advertising using assets at hand is always a good thing given the relatively low cost especially on vehicles.

Full blown sign writing like Mat has,window stickers,the drop down blind thing is a fantastic idea and for those that don't want permanent adds running the magnetic ones work a treat.

Of course the thing to watch out for is windscreen banners...does tend to get in the way of vision and can lead to nasty accidents :lol::lol::lol:

I use to have it on the back of my car window, but took it off after a year as I lost my personalised email address some how. I have just got some vista print magnets and a rear car sticker which were cheap. I did gain 1 horrible client from my first signage, she stopped me at the pet shop and was a right cow to me when I use to go to her.

I've put my A5 flyers in the rear window of mine and the husband's cars, and I've had one successful booking from it. My friend around the corner has got 2 of my flyers in the back window of her car, and I've had one booking, from which I'm doing a 6-person spray tan party tomorrow. This is more business than I've had from spending hours distributing more than 500 flyers in peoples' post boxes ......

Love the sunshade thing, will order some when I get back from holiday, I have a magnet and the other one disappeared so I wasn't impressed...

I have vistaprint magnetics too but they faded my paintwork after only a couple of weeks so I havent put them on anymore - be careful of that! :eek:

rollerblind adverts are a great idea! I'd roll them up at the office so they wouldnt get funny like they might if my whole car was signwritten!

My husband does signwriting so any local geeks that want a quote just holla! :green:

Not gonna use the cheap looking magnetic signs now so thanks I don't want my paintwork fading if I am spending a bit on a car, I will get some roller blinds done. :)

I have vistaprint magnetics too but they faded my paintwork after only a couple of weeks so I havent put them on anymore - be careful of that! :eek:

rollerblind adverts are a great idea! I'd roll them up at the office so they wouldnt get funny like they might if my whole car was signwritten!

My husband does signwriting so any local geeks that want a quote just holla! :green:

Sounds a bit of a Mystery as to why your car faded. Mines been fine. What car is it you have?

Its a Mazda Bongo! lol does it make a difference what car it is then?

I used to have magnetics on my mini and they werent a problem but my husband made them for me, they were about the 3rd set he made me so when I decided I wanted new ones I thought it would be easier to just order some from Vista print and save him the trouble...

As I say, they were probably on a week max altogether and you can see a definate patch where they've been! they havent been on since :irked: cheap materials probably!

My magnetic signs didn't fade my paintwork (silver metallic), however they disappeared whilst I was in a hospital carpark. :irked:
I'd like to think that it was someone who didn't have a pen to jot my number down :smack:
I like the idea of printed roller blinds.:idea:

I had some of them roller blinds from tsl products but mine went right in the bin after getting them, the black ink rubbed off on my hands :confused: . tinkywinky is your car red ? cos thats a bad colour for fading , iv got the same problem with my car mines baby pink tho, im in two minds if to get it done or not ?:rolleyes:

waxingforguys_sides.jpg

Mat

That pictures well photoshopped.. but if they were to be stickers they'd be noticeable good idea about the bins aswell!!!!

I think the roller blinds would be the way to go, I had car magnets and I was in a hurry one day and they both flew off (serves me right for going to fast)!!!:eek: I stopped the car in the next side street and went down the street trying to find them! No where to be seen:eek:.

I also find in my experience with car magnets (while they lasted) that men noticed them more than women, women seem to pay more attention to the road :).

I've put a pic in my album of my car magnets from Vistaprint so you know what they look like. I haven't had any probs with fading paint, and I like that I can remove them when at the office I work at (not a nice place, don't want ppl knowing I work there).

Only recently got them so don't know how effective they'll be, but mega cheap, so thought what's the harm?!

Latest posts

Back