advice re client's tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi all, really peeved of, today got a call frm a client who is booked in on fri for a spray tan. shes had a few before but today when she rang she told me one of her friends had got a tan done a few wks ago and it had a few runny bits which shd had to buff when she got home. i asked her what it turned out like the next day and she couldnt tell me. she wouldnt tell me who but it was just that she was worried about her tan now. wel, to cut a long story short i know who the orig client was. shw came in with her 3 wee boys 2 of them are about 7 and 8 the last one is 2, i did the best i could, lately ive notice sun labs is runnier so i told her that i thought theyd changed the formula it was nothing to worry about, then i put her on the sunbed to dry. i never got a chance to look at the end result as when i knocked at the door she was dressed! (normally i just buff any wee streaks in) . i dont think theres any point ringing the 1st girl as it was about 3 wks ago and shes gonna know something is up. i really dont feel like doing the 2nd one now. should i just ring her and say hi its sarh, look i dont feel comfortable doing your tan as if your not happy it reflects badly on my salon etc or just do it, say nothing its really eating me up!!

Having children in the salon does not help at all does it hun,
don't let this get to you, it would have been hard to concentrate with the wee ones there,
still do this client, or it will knock your confidence to the point of not wanting to do spray tans at all,
you know you can do a good job of it just keep telling yourself this when doing the treatment and good luck, we are all behind you,
let us know how it goes so we can give you a pat on the back :hug:

thanx hun, the thing is i cant even say anything or its dead obvious ive been snooping! i dont think ill mention it unless she brings it up and il just say well i check all tans but there was 1 or 2 who got dressed before i had a chance and refused the offer so as far as i was concerned it was fine when they left the salon. will keep you posted! cheers pet

No don't mention it her unless she does, then the answer that you have ready sounds fine to me,
I'm sure you will be just fine hun :hug:

When she's been tanned and has dried, ask her if she's satisfied with the coverage. You can't be held responsible for what she does when she leaves the salon. Perhaps her friend bathed the kids (or something) when she got home and that make it run ...........Just a thought. :irked:

i have also noticed that sun lab is runier:eek:

i remember at collage, my best friend had got away with not doing a spray tan in the collage salon, so on the last day we gave her one.

she couldnt remember how to do and asked what to do, i showed her how to get her model to stand and told her to spray once 4 times, then turn her to face you. any way

my teacher comes running over almost crying with laughter, asking if my friend had ever done a spray tan before, she told me to go into the treatment room and try and clam the client down.

the silly cow misunderstood me and sprayed the client 4 times in each area!
the women looked like she was cacked in mud, it was dripping off her nose!!

i had to hold back the laughter, it was the funnist thing i have ever seen

my poor friend who in her defence was from japan, and didnt speak great english was in a right state.

i ended up sending the client into the shower with a load of body scrub

and even to this day, my friend wont do spray tans

so what do you do now that it runs? i wait til it dry (so quick in the sunbed - plus most diappear) then buff with a tan mitt. this has really knocked my confidence! i thought i was the dogs nuts at this!:cry: i gonna stop using it for a while - it seems on gmtv it was voted the worse tan according to one of my clients - which even though its fab doesnt look good for the salon. it would be my budget tan £15 and xen tan is £25. i make good money on tans cos ive the cheapest in the town but now i think i get a diff sort of customer if you know wot i mean. i really really dont want to do this other one as i think shes gonna be looking for trouble

so what do you do now that it runs? i wait til it dry (so quick in the sunbed - plus most diappear) then buff with a tan mitt. this has really knocked my confidence! i thought i was the dogs nuts at this!:cry: i gonna stop using it for a while - it seems on gmtv it was voted the worse tan according to one of my clients - which even though its fab doesnt look good for the salon. it would be my budget tan £15 and xen tan is £25. i make good money on tans cos ive the cheapest in the town but now i think i get a diff sort of customer if you know wot i mean. i really really dont want to do this other one as i think shes gonna be looking for trouble

:hug: hun dont beat your self up over it!! you still are the dogs Nuts!!! your doing everthing right, and like the other geeks said its not easy when she has kids in tow, i know mine would be a nightmere!.

i would change brands, that's what i am doing.
if you dont want to spray the client, then tell her your sorry but you need to cancel her appoinment, and say the next appointment slot you have is in a few months time of something....she is really not worth getting your self stressed out over. i am sure the other geeks will have some good ideas.

:hug::hug:

well, ive not canceled appointment, its up tomo, as long as i spray two thin coats and pop her in sunbed to dry it and check it it should all be grand. think il use xen or white to brown. will keep you posted.

am i hearing right you actually put your spray tan client under a sunbed to dry? correct me if im getting this wrong?:irked:

am i hearing right you actually put your spray tan client under a sunbed to dry? correct me if im getting this wrong?:irked:

some salons now offer a 'cocktail' of spray tan and sunbed...i think the trend came about after it being really popular on an american tv show called sunset tan

xx

well, ive not canceled appointment, its up tomo, as long as i spray two thin coats and pop her in sunbed to dry it and check it it should all be grand. think il use xen or white to brown. will keep you posted.

Good for you! show her what your made of, let me know how it turns out :hug:

Well i think that a coctail of spray tan and sunbeds is not the way to go spray tanning is supposed to be SAFE TANNING its mad!!!:irked:

not everyone wants to use a sunbed but some people dont mind. me for instance! im fair skinned so rarely use the sunbed but i do go on it to dry me and help bring out my spray tan. it stimulates melanin production which helps the dha in your spray tan react to give you a fake tan. obviously its a client choice but they like it and its extra revenue for me! some studies are showing that a LITTLE run on the sunbed now and again isnt as bad as has been previously thought. i also read in a salon mag that rather than being kept separate (spray tanning and sunbed) the 2 should complement each other. plus if youve any runny bits it dries them all in and warms you up.
to all concerned bout my tan - it all went well, i didnt mention anything and neither did she. i panic so much sometimes! hope i dont get any phone calls tomo!

yeah i thought i was missing something to

B****y Bonkers just another way of making as much money as possible you shouldnt even be wet after a tan well not so much that a quick blast from the air hose on your machine cant fix if its running and wet your not spraying correctly.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
crazysaz

have you tried turning your feed down on your machine?
keep your machine and gun in tip top condition, clean every day!
has the guide colour changed and you are spraying and standing to close to see it go on?
the solution may have changed i know they have changed the packaging, ring them and ask for advice.

best of luck and dont let em get you down kid:hug:

I dont see the point in having a spray tan then getting under a sunbed. I thought we were supposed to be educating our clients on safer tanning by using the solution. not spraying them then helping them into the sunbed. :!:

i have also noticed that sun lab is runier:eek:

i remember at collage, my best friend had got away with not doing a spray tan in the collage salon, so on the last day we gave her one.

she couldnt remember how to do and asked what to do, i showed her how to get her model to stand and told her to spray once 4 times, then turn her to face you. any way

my teacher comes running over almost crying with laughter, asking if my friend had ever done a spray tan before, she told me to go into the treatment room and try and clam the client down.

the silly cow misunderstood me and sprayed the client 4 times in each area!
the women looked like she was cacked in mud, it was dripping off her nose!!

i had to hold back the laughter, it was the funnist thing i have ever seen

my poor friend who in her defence was from japan, and didnt speak great english was in a right state.

i ended up sending the client into the shower with a load of body scrub

and even to this day, my friend wont do spray tans

pmsl!! how funny is this!! xx

Just Read Your Thread About Your Spray Tan Being Runny, From What You Are Saying It Sounds Like The Needle In The Gun Is Out To Much, It Allows To Much Solution To Be Sprayed On To The Client At One Time. You Are Also Wasting To Much Solution If You Client Is Wet. (more Cost To You)

Once You Have Finished You Spray Tan Your Client Should Be Dry Within Seconds There Is No Need To Dry On The Sunbed.

I Do Not Recommend Buffing After Spraying Too, This Will Allow Streaking. If You Have Sprayed Too Much Buff Off And Then Lightly Spray But Only As A Last Resort.

I Have Trained Numerous Therapist On Spray Tan And None Of The Girls Have To Dry Clients On Sunbeds

Latest posts

Back