All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today, after reading through this thread again and again, I have done a flipping fantastic set of nails using the POPITS!!!! Gigi helped me with some advise the other day ((( Thanks sooooo much!!!))), and today I sat and took my time. Hardly touched the product once in the POPIT. I moved the POPIT around so the L&P went around the POPIT. I held it on place for alot longer....cuz I was cold!! and I am now sporting an amazing set. I used Gigi's free edge mix and made a pink with a little flawless added. It's a little too pink on the nail bed, something I will adjust for my rebalance.
I am one happy bunny,,,,,,will pop a piccy on here when I get y camera back off my daughter!!

Well done Kirsty!! Cracked it at last!! They are gorgeous when done properly!! I'm proud of you love and all the other PopIters who are doing such lovely work with them..

Last edited:
ohh,,,,,geeeee,,,,shuckkkkks.........:o

Chuffed to bits!!! Now I am going to approach one of my clients as she said anytime I want to do them on her, she's happy to let me. This will be with the red I asked you about Gigi!! I tell you...... I am loving this new job!!!!:lol:

Last edited:
Hiya

This is my 1st try with gel and popits I went by the guide on the tutorial but I must be going wrong somewhere..

I put the gel down the middle as told , then put it on eponychium end first and hold I see the gel move downwards as supposed too , then I hold gently for 20 seconds , when i let go to put the butterfly clip on I hear the popit like hoe can I put it a "unstick" sound and see a big air bubble

I then put in the lamp with clip , time as normal

and then the rest of insructions

anyway here is a pic , as you can see I have a nice big hole

help needed please :)

With gel you do not have to hold for 20 seconds and then let go .... (That was your mistake)

With gel you lower the PopIt (as you did) and immediately clamp it with the butterfly clip. In the lamp for 1 minute. Remove and pop off the PopIt then cure for another minute.
Try try again.
Make sure you trim off the free margin on the back of the PopIt OR make sure the free margin goes UNDER the eponychium.
Some stunning work is being done with these PopIts so keep trying.
Got a girl here in Spain who uses nothing but PopIts in her salon and is making BANK at the moment.

Wee hee!!!!!

I've just done my second set - on myself this time, with lots of time to play around - and THEY ARE SO GOOD!!!!! (not bragging - I'm just amazed at the results!) I've only got one minor air bubble on my index finger of my right hand, and I seemed to have figured out product amount a lot better than last time. I spent a LONG time fiddling with my tips and my prep, and really watched how I did each nail.

This is a fantastic invention - TRY THESE OUT!!!!!

I'm off to bed now... but it was a very productive night!
Dawn

Just been having a play with Popits and custom blending :green:

I wanted to do my right hand but I'm no good at putting the white inside the Popit, so I got a white tip, measured up on the popit where it needed to be placed, overlay the tip with clear and put it in the Popit.

Waited for it to set up and then put the custom blend mix in the rest of the Popit and applied to the nail.....

OK, it's not that fantastic for a first go but it worked and was easier than doing it the usual way on my right hand.:lol:

Just been having a play with Popits and custom blending :green:

I wanted to do my right hand but I'm no good at putting the white inside the Popit, so I got a white tip, measured up on the popit where it needed to be placed, overlay the tip with clear and put it in the Popit.

Waited for it to set up and then put the custom blend mix in the rest of the Popit and applied to the nail.....

OK, it's not that fantastic for a first go but it worked and was easier than doing it the usual way on my right hand.:lol:

Whatever it takes .. good for you ... but it is easier to just put the white into the PopIt and swipe the smile line in ... Cathie I know you can do that!

ok, did my client last night using well-less tips and poppits. I practised all day to find which tip would be best and settled on an opaque. it looked great on my pinky.

Well, when it came to the client things didn't go so well. (maybe I shouldn't have ran before I could walk!) On about 3 nails, when I removed poppit there were holes :cry:. I tried to keep my cool and look like I knew what I was doing, I think I did pull it off but it was stressful!! Anyway, to correct the problem I buffed a little then applied more product onto nail via the poppit. It did work well but it abvously made the nail a bit thicker. The end result was good but it took me 1.5 hours and not the 30 mins I was aiming for!

Was wonderwing why I got holes? Not enough product maybe? These tips had a well to start with, (I removed it) and are quite thick so sat quite high on the nail, perhaps this caused an uneven level and therefore produced the holes?

Any advice would be great. As I said the end result was good but it has knocked my confidence a bit:cry:.

Thanks Geeg for telling me what im doing wrong I will try again tonight and let you know how I get on!

I just wondered a couple of other things

am I right in thinking for p&w a white tip is the only way to extend the nails then clear in popit over top.... and for NNO you do the paint on white , marking it on the popit where you want it

how would i do a colour with popits , put it in the popit same as gel or paint it on the finished surface of the popit?

also does the nail get "capped" with popits?

Thankyou :)

Well my own set have now been on for about 10 days and are still all there, this is in spite of handling money in a tray, cashing up with the machine and all the normal bus work, they are now covered in hot pink nail polish to hide all the imperfections because I cant' stand to see them, (air bubbles)
Any way had a surprise visit form my daughter yesterday so she got 'treated' to a set of popits:lol:
once I had the prep out of the way the nails went on very quickly, had a bit of over fill but this was cleared away with a quick swipe of my brush. One nail hadn't got enough product but all I did was apply a bit of pink acrylic over the nail, file and glass buff like a traditional nail.
Kay was delighted with them and has been showing them of all over town.
The only problem I had was that it wasn't possible to get the popit under the skin, sorry cant remember the proper term for this, I have given her another bottle of cuticle oil and instructed her to use day and night and also to massage the skin around the nail and gently push back.
She's very hard on her nails so I'm looking forward to seeing if she has any left in two weeks time when I see her again.
She has promised to take photo's, so if she does I will post them in my albums and let you know.
Oh one last thing we both agreed, it is terribly satisfying to take a popit of a nail, biters and pickers will know what I mean:lol:

arghh just spent the last 2 hours trying to get these right but even when I put the clip straight on and put it in the lamp im still getting the hole as shown in the picture before just a bit smaller hole...I know its going to happan as I can see like the air rise in the poppit as the poppit is clear ive tried pressing it on gently then the clip , harder and then putting the clip on but no use!

do you think maybe because im using one of those metal hairdressing type clips not a butterfly clip its not holding it tight enough

have to keep trying I know

arghh just spent the last 2 hours trying to get these right but even when I put the clip straight on and put it in the lamp im still getting the hole as shown in the picture before just a bit smaller hole...I know its going to happan as I can see like the air rise in the poppit as the poppit is clear ive tried pressing it on gently then the clip , harder and then putting the clip on but no use!

do you think maybe because im using one of those metal hairdressing type clips not a butterfly clip its not holding it tight enough

would it work if you were to put some gel in the popit and then cure and then do some more gel , apply to the nail and then cure again?

If you have a hole, it is because the gel is not filling the form. It is simple really.
the same as when you first learn to apply adhesive .... better to have too much than too little when you are starting out.

I also know that many of you are pressing just too hard. squeezing the gel out and then the form springs back and sucks air beneath it.

Everyone at my demos was surprised at how gently I manoeuvre the PopIts.
They do work peeps, without bubbles and without holes so carry on (I was going to say press on lol) and learn how.

Get a butterfly clip .. smallish one ... mine works a treat.

I had a go at extending the nail bed by putting the white and the pink in the Popit...sorry photo not good....I think I need a new camera as this one has never liked taking nail pics!

I can't upload it as it's spp file I will see if I can put it in the gallery!

Can't do it...anyone know how to change the image into a jpg?

good grief I think I've done it!

Attachments

• DSC00032.jpg
    DSC00032.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
Lovely smile cathie! It looks lovely,see you could do it :lol: x

I had a go at extending the nail bed by putting the white and the pink in the Popit...sorry photo not good....I think I need a new camera as this one has never liked taking nail pics!

I can't upload it as it's spp file I will see if I can put it in the gallery!

Can't do it...anyone know how to change the image into a jpg?

good grief I think I've done it!

oooh cathie, that looks good.
realy slender and a nice c curve from what i can see.

Is there some information somewhere about infilling with popits? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but now I can't find it.

I was wondering, if you were to apply a set of white tips then use one colour (say clear) in the poppit to act as your overlay to create your full set. Or even if you were to produce sculpts using white and pink l&p?
Then in two weeks time when the client returns for an rebalance, what would you do?
I was thinking if you were to reduce thickness as normal. Then taking your poppits would you add your white l&p (lower down to cover re-growth) wait to partly set? Then add your pink/clear to the bed area of the poppit?

Then when you go to press the poppit on the nail, because the white is partly set it would not adhere to the existing tip area of the nail?

I know this is probably miles out and I'm as wrong as I could be, I'm just wondering how you'd go about it?

Is there some information somewhere about infilling with popits? I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but now I can't find it.

I was wondering, if you were to apply a set of white tips then use one colour (say clear) in the poppit to act as your overlay to create your full set. Or even if you were to produce sculpts using white and pink l&p?
Then in two weeks time when the client returns for an rebalance, what would you do?
I was thinking if you were to reduce thickness as normal. Then taking your poppits would you add your white l&p (lower down to cover re-growth) wait to partly set? Then add your pink/clear to the bed area of the poppit?

Then when you go to press the poppit on the nail, because the white is partly set it would not adhere to the existing tip area of the nail?

I know this is probably miles out and I'm as wrong as I could be, I'm just wondering how you'd go about it?

its recomended to apply the white to the existing nail and then clear in the popit to rebalance.

Latest posts

Back