All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
air bubbles...... I seem to have gotten rid of the tiny air bubbles only to now have some huge ones appearing! :eek: only occasionally but it driving me mad lol xx help ! lol xx

Last edited by a moderator:
air bubbles...... I seem to have gotten rid of the tiny air bubbles only to now have some huge ones appearing! :eek: only occasionally but it driving me mad lol xx help ! lol xx

Use more product in th PopIT or do not squeeze so hard. Gentle is the word.

It is kind of like using adhesive on tips. To begin with it causes less problems to use more rather than less.

You will get your eye in soon the more you use them.

I make sure the majority of the product is at the eponychium end of the PopIt, then th excess squeezes forward and no bubble at the eponychium, which is where I am assuming you get it?

Hi

Does anybody have any advice for using nail graphix with the poppits?

I use creative and usually get a beautiful result, but one of my clients has asked for one of my glitters for next time, I have tried a few practice nails on myself and am finding that I can't get a good result, I have to put extra product into the poppit to get coverage as when I put the poppit onto my nail it is leaving little gaps in the coloured powder when I press it down, it is also thicker because of this... does anybody have any suggestions?

Hope somebody can help

Sam

It is kind of like using adhesive on tips. To begin with it causes less problems to use more rather than less.

I make sure the majority of the product is at the eponychium end of the PopIt, then th excess squeezes forward and no bubble at the eponychium, which is where I am assuming you get it?

That is what I do, then scoop out the excess at the free-edge that squeezes out (carefully, if at wrong angle, I get a divot) BUT my problem with bubbles is now non-existent.

IT's more a seepage kind of thing, at the eponychium from the poppit sliding, while I try to get the clip on, and move my finger out of the way at the same time WHILE maintaining pressure, for I find if I don't maintain that pressure,it moves on it's own and gets a bubble.
Did that make sense?
THEN if it slides and I get that ruddy seepage, it's a bugger to clean up :cry:

So, I want to see how other people 'hold them' without clipping their fingers along with the client's and avoid that seepage.

VIDEO PRETTY PLEASE:green:

Yip thats exactly whats happening ! I think I'm still at the stage where I'm not sure how much exactly to put in, as sometimes I have alot of seepage and other times a great big air bubble at the eponyichium lol least the little bubbles have gone :lol: xx

Yip thats exactly whats happening ! I think I'm still at the stage where I'm not sure how much exactly to put in, as sometimes I have alot of seepage and other times a great big air bubble at the eponyichium lol least the little bubbles have gone :lol: xx

The seepage will stop as well with less pressure. More product less pressure.

does the viscosity of the gel make much difference ?

Do you recommend the use of the nail clips?

If so , where do you get them?

Do you recommend the use of the nail clips?

If so , where do you get them?

Well I get mine from Claire's Accessories!! Until something better is produced it works just great for me. Those small hair grips with the little teeth. You know the ones?

Not really, I keep thinking of those ones that are used for 'pin curls'.

Shall have a dodge in Claires and have a look. I'm just needing them when I do my opposite hand.

thanks.

p.s I'm def getting the hang od these things now - and I'm in love with them.

Going to start doing them more now I have the confidence.

xxx

No not pin curls. These are plastic with a hinge and a set of 'jaws' that are curved ... so they open up and go round the nail (sort of like a clothes peg action ) . You KNOW them ... every little girl child wears them in thier hair these days. They come in all sorts of colours but try to get clear for the gel.

My gel kit and lamp arrive withing the next few days ....
i'm crapping myself (and i'm dreaming about it)
It's gonna be interesting:eek:

Iv'e done gel popits Carl and yep hours of fun :)

Hi anyone use Lechat with popits? If so how do you do it? Is it any quicker when using this system with popits? Any advice with Lechat and popits would be fab.
Thanks.

you could use the lechat fairy dust or perceptions gel with popits.
i dont think you would be successful with the powder gel components, but i'd love to be proved wrong.

I did 3 nails on myself last Friday night - gawd they were gorgeous.

But now they are all lifting at the eponychium.

Spoke to my client who said most of hers are lifting too.

Dammm!!!! Just when I was becoming quite smug about them LOL.

What could I have done wrong? Have I not pressed hard enough at the cuticle area? Have I made the product too thin? Has it been too wet? Or has some of the seepage led to the lifting? Or maybe all of the above.:eek:

Thanks in advance

Paula

I've found I get some air bubbles at the free edge, but none on the nail plate, it's getting colder here and I think it may be a temperature problem.
But I'm still in the experimental stage.

What I have discovered with Popits (although they can look quite easy), there is not much room for error (or they will end up being a right pain) the size has to be "just right", the product consistency has to be "just right", the amount of acrylic has to be "just right", the pressure applied has to be "just right" , if these things are not right, then you may spend even more time than your normal method.

It's definitely a learning curve.

Last edited:
What I have discovered with Popits (although they can look quite easy), there is not much room for error (or they will end up being a right pain) and may make you spend even more time than your normal method.

With gel, so far I have found this to be true. But, I'm still in the learning curve. So who knows?

I still wind up with 1 or 2 out of 10 that have a bubble that needs fixing because the poppit moved when I was applying the clip and didn't realize because the clip was hiding the bubble:irked:
And they slide about when I'm reaching for the clip to put it on, so I get seepage I then have to clean up. THEN I clean out the excess under the free-edge that seeps out.:grr:

I figure that at some point, I will learn to get the quantity bang on, without all the faffing about.
Now to find a clip that HOLDS and doesn't move.:irked:

With gel, so far I have found this to be true. But, I'm still in the learning curve. So who knows?

I still wind up with 1 or 2 out of 10 that have a bubble that needs fixing because the poppit moved when I was applying the clip and didn't realize because the clip was hiding the bubble:irked:
And they slide about when I'm reaching for the clip to put it on, so I get seepage I then have to clean up. THEN I clean out the excess under the free-edge that seeps out.:grr:

I figure that at some point, I will learn to get the quantity bang on, without all the faffing about.
Now to find a clip that HOLDS and doesn't move.:irked:

are you doing tips or sculptures with gel ?

Hi

I have posted this question in the poppits thread but I have not had any replies so I am hoping that I will be able to get a solution posting the question in its own thread.

Has anybody successfully used nail graphix powders with poppits?

I seem to get a thicker enhancement and they don't look as attractive. I use creative and usually am over the moon with the results but I have a client wanting a set of bubbalicious (bright pink) next week and am struggling with it, I have found that when I use the same amount of product I would usually use it leaves gaps in the glitter so I have to use more, also it is suggested that you use a wetter mix ratio with the powders so they are not setting as quickly....am I doing something obviously wrong to anybody? I'm sure there is an answer, I hope one of you guys has it!

I would like to thank anybody that is able to offer help in advance.

Sam x

hi sorry i cant help on your question but just wondered if you are going to use nail graphix all over or just on the tip
Tracy x

Latest posts

Back