All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Its for all over the nail hon

Thanks

Sam

I used nail graphix with popits hun,
If you have a look in my album Its the pink and gold nails (full cover)
I did work quite wet and quite quickly,
If you are getting gaps I would try either adding a little more glitter to the mix, Or try working with thin layers,

Just use smaller beads and layer them up in the popit thinly hold up to the light so you can check for gaps before adding your normal wetter larger bead before applying,

I hope this makes sense hun x

If you use moxie liquid they will set quicker hun,
that is what Gigi uses hth

Hi guys,

I was just wondering If you can get popits in larger sizes? What if a client has big thumbs and the popit dont fit? Do you use the good old method?

Thanx x

PopIts only come in the 10 sizes. If something is bigger you'll have to do it by hand if smaller, you can alter the PopIt by trimming it.

Curved scissors are an essential item. Trying to remove the edge or 'skirt' with clippers is both time consuming and inefficient. With curved scissors it is a breeeze, smooth result and very fast.

This has probably already been covered, but I'd like to ask about rebalances. Is anyone doing them with popits and, if so, are you simply filing them down and then placing a smaller amount of product into the popits please?

Prepare as normal and then apply the PopIt as usual with enough product to put a veneer over the whole surface ... not too small an amount so you don't run out or run the risk of too little.

Hi I have only had a couple of plays with pop its, but my main bug bear is that they aren`t wide enough for some of my client's nails, mine included!! I ended up building up the sides of the thumb nails, which to my mind kind of defeats the whole point of them!!

Am I doing something wrong or does any one else have the same problem with them??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry If this has been asked already and I have missed it,
But when doing an NNO with popits, Would you recommend taking the product a little further than the free edge, then clipping down, (to make it thicker at the free edge)
As I did my own last night, and measured where to stop the acrylic in the popit,
But I have found It to be just a little bit too thin and I have chipped one boooohooooo LOL.
So next time, would I extend the product, then leave say...a millimeter ?to protect the free edge....

I have started using nail clippers since watching Carl do it, and have personally found them much easier than using my curved scissors ( thankyou carl)
When I used my curved scissors I tended to get white marks on the popit where I trimmed, Im presuming my scissors ar just a tad blunt,
Also As I wear my nails quite long most of the time...I was fiddling a bit getting them in the little handles of the scissors , then getting them out again lol....
So its nail clippers for me !

I am LOVING the trimmed popits now...
I tried them out on another client the other day, she already had enhancements on, but as she had DIY coming up she had come back for me to "thicken" them a bit...I Just overlayed what she already had on...
Her face was a bit like this.......:eek:
:green: I think I have a convert peeps !

So far I have only had 1 client not like them. and that was only because she didnt like the shine :confused: can you believe that lol...
She wears natural tips and likes them matte...

I did my first sculpts in popits last night...Only glitter fades, No smiles lol..
And they are fab,
I thought I would struggle with the back bit..But I never I just flipped over and added another bead to smooth out ( my product was a little set by then to smooth it out on its own)
They are in my nails album (purple ones)

Hi ladies i was wondering how long does it take you to do a full set of nails using popits with gel? And whats the process of it using gel?x thanks

I have played for ages with mine now and also trim mine with small clippers thanks Carl lol I have done l&p p&w sculpts with them, Glitter tips and even though I used to do more gel nails I am finding l&p to be much easier to use with them imo

Sorry If this has been asked already and I have missed it,
But when doing an NNO with popits, Would you recommend taking the product a little further than the free edge, then clipping down, (to make it thicker at the free edge)
As I did my own last night, and measured where to stop the acrylic in the popit,
But I have found It to be just a little bit too thin and I have chipped one boooohooooo LOL.
So next time, would I extend the product, then leave say...a millimeter ?to protect the free edge....

I have started using nail clippers since watching Carl do it, and have personally found them much easier than using my curved scissors ( thankyou carl)
When I used my curved scissors I tended to get white marks on the popit where I trimmed, Im presuming my scissors ar just a tad blunt,
Also As I wear my nails quite long most of the time...I was fiddling a bit getting them in the little handles of the scissors , then getting them out again lol....
So its nail clippers for me !

I am LOVING the trimmed popits now...
I tried them out on another client the other day, she already had enhancements on, but as she had DIY coming up she had come back for me to "thicken" them a bit...I Just overlayed what she already had on...
Her face was a bit like this.......:eek:
:green: I think I have a convert peeps !

So far I have only had 1 client not like them. and that was only because she didnt like the shine :confused: can you believe that lol...
She wears natural tips and likes them matte...

I did my first sculpts in popits last night...Only glitter fades, No smiles lol..
And they are fab,
I thought I would struggle with the back bit..But I never I just flipped over and added another bead to smooth out ( my product was a little set by then to smooth it out on its own)
They are in my nails album (purple ones)

When I do NNO with Popits I place my first application where the end of the free edge will be, then wait .... then do the rest of the acrylic, then go back and put a little more where I did my first application, I also don't press to hard toward the free edge (this tends to make them thinner on the ends)

Each to their own, but I could not use anything else BUT my curved scissors. They are very cool. They have handles like secateurs (no holes) and you just squeeze them together and they cut like a dream in lovely little snippets. They also have thin blades. They leave the edge perfect and are(for me) MUCH QUICKER than using clippers ... my clippers are as dull as 'old Nellie' anyway. :lol:

I just got my popits yesterday,last night I had a go on myself!! OMG, am so glad I read the tips on here first or I wouldnt have had a clue!
Still, I got the burn! OWWW! Air bubbles & a line at the bottom!
Damn it, i feel like a beginner again hehe.
This method is the same as them all though i guess, practice practice practice!

So the burn is because my mix ratio is to wet?
The air bubbles is because not enough product? or playing to much?
Line because i didnt apply it cuticle to free edge carefully enough?

I want to love these, the shine is great when they are finished and sooo smooth!
Please help!?

P.S Will there be any demos at the Edinburgh Beauty Show & is any one going?
Emma xxxx

I just got my popits yesterday,last night I had a go on myself!! OMG, am so glad I read the tips on here first or I wouldnt have had a clue!
Still, I got the burn! OWWW! Air bubbles & a line at the bottom!
Damn it, i feel like a beginner again hehe.
This method is the same as them all though i guess, practice practice practice!

Line because i didnt apply it cuticle to free edge carefully enough?

I want to love these, the shine is great when they are finished and sooo smooth!
Please help!?

P.S Will there be any demos at the Edinburgh Beauty Show & is any one going?
Emma xxxx

Firstly did you know that the new CND distributor for Edinburgh is hosting breakfast at the new premises on the day of the show?? They will be showing PopIts at that time as well as other demos. You should really take the time to go along and see. They are located very near to where the show is being held. Contact Fiona Wallace (a geek here on the site) for all the details. Now to your questions!!

I think it is more likely to be because the application is in one large amount of product instead of 3 or more beads. I really should not burn or feel OWWW -- warm maybe but not burning. Or are your nails really thin? I have only ever felt a slight warmth. there is always heat from liquid and powder when it polymerises we just don't normally feel it because we work with smaller beads in 3 zones.

If you see many tiny bubbles, it is because you are not letting the bead rest and flow out before playing with it. Place the bead and let is rest and flow ... then if you need to, even out the product in the form with your brush.

Line because i didn't apply it cuticle to free edge carefully enough?
Not sure what you mean here by the line.

Hey Geeklings,

Did my 1st set of popits on my mate and I must say WOW:lol:. Was gonna put a pic on to show you all but forgot to take the camera to her house. They are so easy to use and the results are STUNNING. Cant wait to do some more sets with these little beauties lol.

sorry my last post was delete due to advertising . :rolleyes:

back to my mums big thumbs do you think they will be made in extra large??
as the ones we do , dont fit ?

:rolleyes:

back to my mums big thumbs do you think they will be made in extra large??
as the ones we do , dont fit ?

No I do not think they will be. You can always sculpt anything that is extra large.

Popits are a great solution to some nails, but a bit of basic knowledge and refill ability wouldn't go astray.

They are not the answer to everything.

TBH, I can do a fill and buff in the time it would take to do an infill using Popits.

Me too ... I rebalance my nails by hand ( 20-30 minutes) until I think I need a new set and then I do a new set when I need it with the PopIts.

Just out of interest to others, I rebalanced my nails yesterday.

It took me 20 minutes to complete them and there was only a tiny touch of lift, on one nail, to remove when I was prepping (took about 20 seconds). I hadn't even noticed anything until I was doing the prep. It would have taken me longer to prep and everything If I had used PopIts for the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back