Any Geeks Been Getting Free Scratch Mags?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your all lucky, i never get anything for free, bring on that tantrum smiley lol

Tracey .. lucky tou xx I've been getting free PN for the last couple of months SHHHH. Hope I get one this month as well !!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh me too been getting it for about 4 months now lol
love it

I know 2 techs that get Scratch and Pro nails free.
It annoys the hell out of me.
They are obviously on some mailing list.

Got PN again this morning !!

shhh don't tell anyone........ its great because there is the dress a nail comp in it !! me in print coolio xx

*whispers* well done Clara x:lol:

*whispers* well done Clara x:lol:

*whispers back* cheers chick... I love getting a freebie do you think it would be cheeky asking for another copy?? ........................................

yeah quit while I'm a head me thinks ..xx
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Emmmmm no! go for it hun, in hushed tones of course!!!!! :)

Got PN again this morning !!

shhh don't tell anyone........ its great because there is the dress a nail comp in it !! me in print coolio xx
can you post a pic hun? Pleeeeeese?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh me too been getting it for about 4 months now lol
love it

Ok me too, paid for a year and they've continued, not complaining though. I normally don't get anything for free. Probably get a bill for them now !!

After the last 2 beauty shows last year that i went to i also started getting doubled copies, home & work.

When i phoned to to quiz why it was happening they said it was because i had been to the shows so my name was on a mailing list and they was sent out as a thankyou for attending?

I posted all my doubled up ones on to other members, one who was so gratefull she gave me a gift (ty victoria :hug: ) but another member who has been on line since has never said if she recieved them and if so not a thankyou! and ive pm'd her a number of times but nothing back!

A quick "recieved the mags, love them & ty" doesnt cost and would mean youre apreciated for the little things we do!

Ok im getting off track now so i'll shut up :lol:

A friend of mine gets 3 copies every month:confused: only requested and pays for 1

I've been getting freebies too-this ,month and last month....
I too have been a bit worried that they might charge me-but i don't even know how they got my address to be honest-i never asked for the magazines!Love nosing through them tho!
Do u think it may b linked to yellow pages?coz its always sent to my business name so i assume they must've got it from somewhere?...are u listed on yell.com or yellow pages at all?

I think PN send you a copy 'occasionally' if you have ever registered for tickets for Professional Beauty shows (ie Excel, Earls Court, G-Mex or Dublin. And Scratch do the same if you have ever registered for tickets for Olympia and another couple of exhibitions.

They send out spare magazines in an effort to persuade you to sign up for them if you want to keep getting them. I think its quite a good idea (thats how I signed up for Scratch) until, like I said, someone who has paid a subscription doesn't get theirs and then misses out because everyone else got the spare copies as freebies!

I think PN send you a copy 'occasionally' if you have ever registered for tickets for Professional Beauty shows (ie Excel, Earls Court, G-Mex or Dublin. And Scratch do the same if you have ever registered for tickets for Olympia and another couple of exhibitions.

They send out spare magazines in an effort to persuade you to sign up for them if you want to keep getting them. I think its quite a good idea (thats how I signed up for Scratch) until, like I said, someone who has paid a subscription doesn't get theirs and then misses out because everyone else got the spare copies as freebies!

Yes i think this is true about PN sending them out occassionally as i have received one or two from them.

I have never received any copies from scratch though, which is a shame because i am dying to subscribe but would like to know what its like first!

They send out spare magazines in an effort to persuade you to sign up for them if you want to keep getting them. I think its quite a good idea (thats how I signed up for Scratch)

I have had a few free Scratch then the letter arrived saying 'did you like your free mag and if you want more please subscribe using the form below etc....' but I did not and I still get the mag lol. They obviously have not removed me from the free listings on the computer yet.:green:

I get my PN free as I am with ANT, but I do get occasional copies of scratch, last two months also, probably because I used t subscribe.

Ummmmmmmmm I've been getting a couple of freebies :o :green:

BUT mine are of the 'gift' variety from very sweet and darling geeks on this site.
I have received 5 in total, and I'm LOVING them!

So, big giant thanks to Pips, Handmaiden & Urban Geek
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Since I haven't been able to afford a subscription this year, to nailpro (a us mag) nor the canadian one, Exceptionail.... I've really enjoyed these magazines.. reading them front to back, including the advertisements :lol:
It's fun to see mention of nailgeek and different geeks from our site.
Enjoying it immensely!!

Thanks again!!!

Maybe Scratch and PN can answer this, as we know they visit this site.

It might have something to do with the run up to the shows? It might have something to do with the abc figures. They have to commit to sending out X amount of copies and my guess is that if there are not enough paid subscribers, then people on the mailing list will get free copies (maybe? I don't know?)

Gina

Last edited:
your thread reminded me that I had subscribed to it and never recieved any mags:irked:So Im a bit disgruntled, some ringing will have to be done....

Latest posts

Back