Anyone else struggling with Hayfever?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
I've had hayfever since I was 8 and rarely has it been this bad. It doesn't matter what drugs I take I can hardly breathe, my skin itches like mad and my eyes and nose stream incessantly. Perversely my nose is horribly bunged up, despite the constant running!
I feel so unprofessional during my treatments; it can't be nice for my poor clients to have me wheezing and sneezing all over them. I'm getting through Cool Blue at a rapid rate of knots at the moment!

Anyone else suffering?
:cry:

ME!!!
My eyes are red and watering, my nose is bunged up and the top of my mouth is itching like crazy which usually means a sneezing fit is on it's way. I'm dosed up to the eyeballs with meds but not doing anything at the mo.
I must look so sexy at the mo :)

My hubbie suffers really badly with it, it's been known to effect his hearing as well as all the other symptoms.
My youngest (3) suffers from it as well, bless her.
My dad told me about something Boots sell that you rub under your nose and it's supposed to help prevent breathing it in in the first place, I haven't had any chance to get some yet so I can't tell you if it works.

My dad told me about something Boots sell that you rub under your nose and it's supposed to help prevent breathing it in in the first place, I haven't had any chance to get some yet so I can't tell you if it works.

Its called 'Hay Max'...

I'm going to drop into Waitrose to get some of this today - I need something desperately!
Why does it have to make me feel so unwell?!

Me :( I hate it. For some reason it started later this year than it normally does, but it started with a vengeance. I've been controlling it ok with meds, they aren't taking it away completely but it is better- that is, until yesterday. I was fine, went to the stables and something must have really aggravated it (not the hay- I know I'm not allergic to that!) and it was horrendous! Went home, and it was ok again! I do wonder if, when the hayfever kicks in it makes you more sensitive to things that you are normally ok with?!

My eyes are red and watering, my nose is bunged up and the top of my mouth is itching like crazy which usually means a sneezing fit is on it's way. I'm dosed up to the eyeballs with meds but not doing anything at the mo.
I must look so sexy at the mo :)

You sound like me! Just after I woke up this morning I was trying to stop my eyes from itching which then gave me the nice red bloodshot eyes.

Last year I didn't suffer at all but this year I've been having to use my inhaler (for my chest), my eye's are itchy and watery:cry:, my mouth is itchy and I'm sneezey. The tablet that I have taken is absolute rubbish (but I daren't take another one as you're only supposed to take one a day) and it all just puts me in such a bad mood :mad:.

So I bought some Hay Max - blimey, it's expensive for such a tiny wee pot!
Still, I must be spending that amount on tissues, lip salve and Cool Blue! I'll let you know how I get on with it.

I hate waking up to itchy eyes in the morning, and then I have to shove my contact lenses into them too, which then feels like Ive got sand in my eyes!!!oohh the joys of summer.:)

So I bought some Hay Max - blimey, it's expensive for such a tiny wee pot!
Still, I must be spending that amount on tissues, lip salve and Cool Blue! I'll let you know how I get on with it.

how much did it cost..?

Boots were giving out sample pots of them if you bought any hay fever tablets a while back..

Ive got two pots at home and forgtten about them until it was mentioned on here today..!!

Will give them a try now i think...

£6.99 from Waitrose!

Yes, I'm suffering from hayfever as well. Been sneezing lots but so far, touch wood my eyes haven't been as itchy. I have been a lot more tight chested and I'm actually using my inhaler a lot - last used it last Jan (07).

My eczema has been really bad as well.

I use a nasal spray which isn't too bad but apparantly if you put good old vaseline at your nostrils, it stops the pollen getting in. Haven't tried it yet but certainly worth a try before spending loads of £££ on branded goods.

so far so nothing - still sneezing, wheezing, itching and streaming.
Flippin' Gayfever.
It sucks.

It's been pretty bad for me this year too. So much so that I have stopped cycling to the office until the season is over. Have been on Zirtek since May, and have started on Beconase again - thankfully adding Beconase to my arsenal seems to be helping...

yep me too. and my boyf, he has it worse than me, he has nose bleeds daily. So you can imagine we're not having much fun at the moment!!

My 6 year old has developed hayfever for the first time this year....... I'm giving her Piriton but not every day - I don't like dosing her up if I don't need to :rolleyes:. She sneezes loads, rubs her eyes and her nose is streaming.....

Yep I'm the same I hate having stop and blow my bloody nose, cool blue is going down very fast!! I think both my boys have started with it (they are 5 and 17mths). Gonna nip into boots today and get that stuff.

I can't see any difference between using the HayMax stuff and using vaseline. HayMax purports to be a physical barrier, preventing pollen from entering the nostril. Except the goop is applied around the nostril, so surely some pollen is still going to get up there! And it doesn't address the issue of itchy skin and streaming eyes. Vaseline will do exactly the same job at a fraction of the price!

Yes, I'm suffering from hayfever as well. Been sneezing lots but so far, touch wood my eyes haven't been as itchy. I have been a lot more tight chested and I'm actually using my inhaler a lot - last used it last Jan (07).

My eczema has been really bad as well.

I use a nasal spray which isn't too bad but apparantly if you put good old vaseline at your nostrils, it stops the pollen getting in. Haven't tried it yet but certainly worth a try before spending loads of £££ on branded goods.

I'm not sure but I think that's what haymax is that you put around your nose. Think it's supposed to trap the pollen.

My daughter has this really badly, she has got some eye drops from pharmacy first that help her a lot. Last week she came home from school and the inside corner of her eye was so swollen and they were just streaming, she rinsed them will water and put her eye drops in when she got home and she was much better. Don't think they are available to buy straight out but I think you can get them from the pharmacy first (service where you go to pharmacist before going to visit your doctor).

Latest posts

Back