Appointment Book/Diaries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Rose

Reaction score
I'm officially starting myself off mobile after months of sorting myself out. I'm just wondering what to use for appointments as most appointment books are for 3 or more people. Would do you use, and if you use a filofax which one, as I was looking into them, but was not to sure of the size etc. Or is it just easier to use an appointment book. I would like something smart looking as clients will see it.

I looked into appointment books but at the present moment I use a diary - this way it gives you all bank holidays etc.. and its plenty big enough for me as I work alone.

Hth

i use a a5 filofax and change the inserts yearly - they have times all in the diary which is ideal for me !!!

I too use a filofax and I find it great as I can keep names/addresses and personal diary entries in there too. So, I can for example work appointments around picking hubby up from train and dr appointments etc.

:lol:

I started off with buying a book from Sally's and although it had 3 collums i did find this pretty handy as i could fit the address and tel no at the side instead of squashing it all in.But in the beggining,doing it like this,you will find its just a waste as your pages run out quickly and are mostly blank lol
Now i have drawn up my own on the computer in the way i want them to be and got a tiny little ringbinder folder and put them all in there.Inside i have another little plastic folder which i have hole punhced and put my business cards in there with my aftercare leaflets, i have put this in my folder too.So its all together and i'm not searching through my bag for all these bits of paper lol
I think everyone works in different ways though.I am the kind of person that loses everything so this works very well for me.
You could take a look in WHSMITHS to see if anything takes your fancy xxx

good idea Kylie.

I use an A5 filofax, 2 pages for the week, but next year I'm going to get the infills that are one page per day.

I jot everything in it, my appointments, birthdays, what son and husband are up too.

i then transfer everything onto an A5 diary for my records.

One thing I saw in Tesco the other day was a cashflow book, they had them in different sizes and it has 3 different widthed columns in it.
You could use that but would mean writing the dates in yourself - and come to think of it - life it too short for doing that!

Before making appointments you MUST organise yourself. Be efficiemt in your management of time - ergo need to know how long appointments should be. You are then able to chose your best format. Sit and plan as you would for a business plan. Be realistic, know your goals and how to achieve them.
S CPL

im just starting out as mobile as well and as its just me i find a diary really good, i got mine from paperchase. its 2008-2009 hard back so it doesnt get damaged. its day per page with all the times etc. and plenty of room to add details of clients etc. and they have a really good selection - took me ages to choose one! :)

I use a 3 column appointment book. I don't have 3 therapists but I use each column for a day. Column 1 = Monday 2 = Tuesday etc. works well for me!

A5 Filofax for me. I LOVE IT.
Has everything you need as a mobile therapist, including business card holders-love those too haha
xx

I use a 3 column appointment book. I don't have 3 therapists but I use each column for a day. Column 1 = Monday 2 = Tuesday etc. works well for me!
i use the same because the one i have has evening appointments in..xx

I use the CND appoint book, one column for each day...works well for me x

I use an a5 sized filofax, and change the diary inserts yearly.
I have one page per day with the time listed down the side.

xx

good idea Kylie.

I use an A5 filofax, 2 pages for the week, but next year I'm going to get the infills that are one page per day.

I jot everything in it, my appointments, birthdays, what son and husband are up too.

i then transfer everything onto an A5 diary for my records.

One thing I saw in Tesco the other day was a cashflow book, they had them in different sizes and it has 3 different widthed columns in it.
You could use that but would mean writing the dates in yourself - and come to think of it - life it too short for doing that!

Thats a good idea as i write them in myself anyway.OW thanks i will take a look at them at least it will save me printing off the pages!! xxx

I use an a5 sized filofax, and change the diary inserts yearly.
I have one page per day with the time listed down the side.

xx

Same here.. works well for me. :hug:

me too :lol: love my filofax !! am very sad i know :lol:

I do that too.

I like it because I can see a week at a glance :)

Thanks so much for all your replies, it has been really helpful. I think the A5 filofax is the most popular so I think I will invest in one of them. x

One tip I'd like to share here is keep a back up! My suitcase was once lost for a week at the airport with my appointments diary in and I couldn't remember who I had in. So now I have an ordinary diary plus I write all the appointments onto a calendar at home so that I won't be in same position again!x

ive got a filofax ( for my birtday) and it has a zip up cover which help protect it -i love it!

Latest posts

Back