April Scratch Magazine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Am I being picky???

Just got my April issue of Scratch Magazine through the post and the front cover is a pic of nails with what looks like water.

Very similar to Creative Solar Manicure Picture.

To me the nails look awful, think they are gel.

Far too much white and look totally out of balance.

Makes you realise how beautiful the Creative nails are on the Creative poster.
Believe these were done by Gigi.

What do you all think?

p.s. Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Tbh i agree Sam. IMO nails done by a creative tech using their products are instantly recognisable in the media,and again IMO stand out from the rest .

I actually thought the nails were quite nice and its great to see a pic on the cover that is all about nails as opposed to a picture where the nails are not the main focus,which happens quite a lot.

By the way the nails were done by Mandy Rainford-Jones, head of training for NSI using NSI balance gels.

For me there was too much white and i thought that outbalander the nail but thats just my opinion!

Apart from that i thought it was fine

I liked them because of the length I have mine that long if not longer, just personal preference I suppose.

Jue xx

i liked them too and the smiles were gorge

I don't think they look like salon nails cos they aren't supposed to....same as comp nails aren't.

Its a cover shot and most cover shots are not realistic.

I really like the picture personally, the focus is on the nails and the water is very effective IMO!

I have to agree with jac on this one, I thought the front cover was quite good as it really focuses on the nails,and is a strong image. ok the whites are a little long for wearable nails, but it is a cover shot after all.

Hey so what if we like or dont like the nails - as has been said it is personal preference whether you like long and white or not.

But it has done its job - we are all talking about it - success for the magazine, I say LOL.

hey heres a thought....what would YOU like to see on the cover...???....or anyone putting themselves forward for offering a cover shot for Scratch...would you dare ???

Fair point Fiona :lol: It's not the length i personally don't find attractive,i can't even put my finger on what it is,it's just something iykwim :rolleyes: xx

hey heres a thought....what would YOU like to see on the cover...???....or anyone putting themselves forward for offering a cover shot for Scratch...would you dare ???

yes i would dare:) the more people that talk the better imo

these nails are not supose to have the natural look and they are too long for my liking:) i am a little board of long white tips, but love the soft corners

the overall picture is lovely :) and if i had anything like this im my gallery i would be over the moon
may be one day:lol:

Am I being picky???

Just got my April issue of Scratch Magazine through the post and the front cover is a pic of nails with what looks like water.

Very similar to Creative Solar Manicure Picture.

To me the nails look awful, think they are gel.

Far too much white and look totally out of balance.

Makes you realise how beautiful the Creative nails are on the Creative poster.
Believe these were done by Gigi.

What do you all think?

p.s. Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Well they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! :lol:

They are certainly not the style of nails I would do but other than that I would say they tried to copy the rest of the pose and the Creative shot pretty well ... don't fret ... Creative are used to it! :lol:
Glad the difference is appreciated by some.

i don't subscribe to the scratch mag

but don't you just love advertising

this ad had done what is suppose to - get people talking about it

sorry but i dont live in your area and cant get scratch is there anyone that can scan the pic in i looked on the mags website but there wasn't a pick i would just like to see them and what you fine people are talikng about

BUMMER subscription expired anyone got a pic?

scratch mag.jpg

Sorry its not very good but you will get the idea of what everyone has been talking about.

its just a french cupping up water personally i dont see what the big deal is i like the pic nails water and all. Thank u pips

I really like the picture personally, the focus is on the nails and the water is very effective IMO!

Exactly! As the daughter of a pro photographer and a lover of all things nails, I think it's fabulous.

Latest posts

Back