Black and white L&P help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybgemini

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a client tonight that wants black nails, with L&P, but she wants her lunula in white. I know I have seen a pic of this somewhere but cant find it.

Any ideas how to do this without getting the black all over the white and vice versa.

I asked a few geeks last night on MSN and so far the best idea is to do the white on all 10 nails to start with and let that cure before applying the black.

Anyone else have any other ideas pleeeeeaassseeeeee?

Rachel xxxx

rach I'd to all 10 whites, cap with clear, then apply the black, this should keep the white looking crisp after you have buffed xx

oh wow, never thought of that. Would I just cap the white in clear or bring it up into the next zone? I was thinking of butting the black up to the white but if I bring the clear up I wont have anything to butt up to will I?

God thats not making sense to me now hehe.

Rachel

rach I'd to all 10 whites, cap with clear, then apply the black, this should keep the white looking crisp after you have buffed xx
That sounds like a great idea.

Rach, yeah, I would apply the clear only ontop of the white so that the black can be butted up to it nice and tight!!

Your clients sound very cool btw Rachel!

oh wow, never thought of that. Would I just cap the white in clear or bring it up into the next zone? I was thinking of butting the black up to the white but if I bring the clear up I wont have anything to butt up to will I?

God thats not making sense to me now hehe.

Rachel

I'd just cap the white tbh then as gelly says this should give you a nice ledge to butt the black up to,
but there was a thread last week (doh sorry forgot who it was ) they were doing a set in black and always used clear on the nail plate first so it didn't stain the nail, that sounded a cool way of doing it to.

don't forget the piccs xx

I'd just cap the white tbh then as gelly says this should give you a nice ledge to butt the black up to,
but there was a thread last week (doh sorry forgot who it was ) they were doing a set in black and always used clear on the nail plate first so it didn't stain the nail, that sounded a cool way of doing it to.

don't forget the piccs xx

Right I just had a quick go on a tip. Ignore the white shape :eek: haha. Was a real quick go before I have to go get my little one from nursery.

She already has a full set of 3 colour glitter fades on so I was just going to thin these right down before applying the black and white.

What u think?

Rachel

Attachments

• Elizabeth.jpg
    Elizabeth.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 222
I think that will you do her proud Rach :hug:

See if you can get us a pic of the finished set xxx

Your clients sound very cool btw Rachel!

:lol: Was just thinking the same thing. Hope we get a photo of these Rach, by the way!

Looking good Rach ... can't wait to see a pic of the full set.

Right I just had a quick go on a tip. Ignore the white shape :eek: haha. Was a real quick go before I have to go get my little one from nursery.

She already has a full set of 3 colour glitter fades on so I was just going to thin these right down before applying the black and white.

What u think?

Rachel
did you try capping the white with clear?
like it alot !! white looks nice and crisp xx job done

need to see full set rach xx (hint hint)lol

did you try capping the white with clear?
like it alot !! white looks nice and crisp xx job done

need to see full set rach xx (hint hint)lol

yes i capped the white with clear. I did one without capping and it turned out the same but I think I will cap with clear to make sure I dont have any boo boo's to correct afterwards.

Thanks for you help

Rachel xxxx

Looks great, very chic. You must take a pic of them finished.

I wish I had clients that were this adventurous!! You lucky thing. Would love to see pic of finished set. They'd look great on a swish night out xx

Those are going to look hotness..

Um if you havent heard it already dont forget to post pic

OK, here is the end result. Not brilliant but for my first attempt I'm pretty pleased.

Client was over the moon with them and tipped me £7 so I am off to buy a case of grolsch, much deserved as this took me from 6.15 til now to do.

Rachel xxxx

Attachments

• Black n White nails 001.jpg
    Black n White nails 001.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 164
I think they look fab Rach, thanks for posting the pic.

Enjoy your well earned drink xx

I really like them, when I first read the post the first thought that came to my mind was that I would never have black and white nail but after see them I wish I had some black powder because I love um.

Kim

ohhhh nice, love the little stones!

Very swish, love them :hug:

Latest posts

Back