Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigi I will happily help you hold Dexter hostage in exchange for Brisa Lite!!
I'm not sure I'm up for sharing at this point ... But thanks for the offer! :lol:

If you get it before I do, Tammie, I warn you ... I am going to be seriously jealous!

Trade you an olive-skinned Spaniard for some. :wink2:

There is nothing to stop you from doing a short extension using a tip and ONLY Shellac ... I do it to mine if I break a nail so there would be nothing stopping you trying a short extension and a tip using the smoothing gel ... your risk as to whether or not it will be enough strength for your individual client.

Whoa! I have never tried doing a tip extension under Shellac!
I do fix and patch corners or little cracks sometimes with L&P though.
So would you just apply the tip and blend as usual (or blend little less?) and go straight to the shellac base?

Ps. I'm delighted to read about Brisa Lite ;)

Whoa! I have never tried doing a tip extension under Shellac!
I do fix and patch corners or little cracks sometimes with L&P though.
So would you just apply the tip and blend as usual (or blend little less?) and go straight to the shellac base?

Ps. I'm delighted to read about Brisa Lite ;)
Hi Anna! I apply the tip and fill the seam with a little bit of adhesive and activate with some resin activator. Then I blend the tip well area and smooth the tip and nail together ( but obviously I do not blend or thin out too much; just meld the tip and nail together with a 240 grit file). Then Shellac as normal.

That tip extension will last me a full 3 weeks and by the time I soak off (which takes no more time than the usual 10 minutes) the free edge has grown out and I don't have to replace the tip.

Like you, I also patch corners occasionally with a thin thin layer of L&P which also works a treat. :hug:

lol... i thought I was being inpatient! gigi you are making me chuckle so much thinking about some kind of tense hostage situation with you handing over a baby in exchange for some brisa lite!!

I'm sure geeks have seen already but Holly has posted the Brisa Lite Sculpting instructions.. what really intrigues me is that neither brisa lite product appears to make use of the 90 / 180 lamp timer buttons as we expected - so cure times are quicker than I thought and we have something more to look forward to and speculate about in the future! :)

Brisa Lite Sculpting gel general one color step by step:
PEP the nails
Apply form or tip
Apply a thin coat of Brisa Lite base coat, cure 10 seconds
Apply a thin layer of clear Brisa Lite sculpting gel (optional), cure 2 minutes
Sculpt a layer of pink creating an arch, cure 2 min
Remove top film with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (Dsperse in the UK)
Finish file with a 180 grit
Apply Brisa Lite top coat, cure 2 minutes
Remove top film with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol (Dsperse in the UK)

http://www.facebook.com/FingerNailFixer

lol... i thought I was being inpatient! gigi you are making me chuckle so much thinking about some kind of tense hostage situation with you handing over a baby in exchange for some brisa lite!!

Lol, except he is hardly a baby - in fact, fast-approaching a teenager, I'd say! ;)

Lol, except he is hardly a baby - in fact, fast-approaching a teenager, I'd say! ;)

Our babies are always babies :wink2: mine will still be my baby even when he's 40 :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Just had a look at Holly's FB page and it says 30 minutes soak off time for the sculpting gel! Surely that's not right? Wouldn't like to soak for that long , would be an hour a fortnight!!!

Our babies are always babies :wink2: mine will still be my baby even when he's 40 :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Agreed Planky! ;) Looking forward to meeting you at The Event!

Just had a look at Holly's FB page and it says 30 minutes soak off time for the sculpting gel! Surely that's not right? Wouldn't like to soak for that long , would be an hour a fortnight!!!

Its perfectly right. That would be the normal amount of time for for a SOG enhancement (or a L&P enhancement) which is a 3 week service not a fortnightly service and perfectly acceptable as it always has been for clients for the last 20 years. Now with the new CND Nourishing Remover it is even more acceptable. :)

CND always quote the longest scenario though, to account for different thicknesses of product as people vary. We all know that for most of us Shellac soaks off in less than 10 minutes but 10 is what they quote.

With Brisa Lite Sculpting gel you are moving into the enhancement category of nails ... It's different to UV colour coats. Full service Nail technicians will understand it very well.

Last edited:
I wonder if you would file them down a bit first?

I wonder if you would file them down a bit first?
iI don't think you will need to ... We're getting away from all that. :lol:

If you have sculpture training with a diiferent gel brand (for example Bio Sculpture) will it then be possible to do a Brisa Lite conversion course to be able to use Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel? I'm presuming there will be a separate Brisa Lite & Brisa class:?: I for one will be doing this ASAP as Brisa Lite sounds like its the product I've been dreaming about and will hopefully replace my other gel system.:Love:

Hiya, I know we are moving away from filing(thank god/ boring/RSI in shoulder ha ha) but would partial filing not touching the natural nail do any harm? Or is it just the principle of not using a file at all x

Hiya, I know we are moving away from filing(thank god/ boring/RSI in shoulder ha ha) but would partial filing not touching the natural nail do any harm? Or is it just the principle of not using a file at all x

When filing here is always a potential for harm, but in good hands, no, it would not do any harm .. but it is how clients perceive having their nails filed on the surface; if you are going to cut someone or do damage to the nail plate you are going to do it as this stage with your file. PLUS it is messy, time consuming and not necessary! Why do it if it is not necessary?

When filing here is always a potential for harm, but in good hands, no, it would not do any harm .. but it is how clients perceive having their nails filed on the surface; if you are going to cut someone or do damage to the nail plate you are going to do it as this stage with your file. PLUS it is messy, time consuming and not necessary! Why do it if it is not necessary?

Sounds flipping brilliant to me just wish it would happen now :Scared: Im dying to try it on my clients. Im so much more confident with OPI and Shellac than I am with acrylic. Im sure Im just one of those people that will never master acrylic fully. I will get by but never be excellent at it. :eek:

But gel I love so Im going to move as many clients as is possible to gel asap. Come on CND save this ladys mind lol xx

Latest posts

Back