Charging spray tans by your dress size?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, it is offensive! but.. you DO find different prices for larger sized clothes in the shops!

and in some stores you pay extra for petite sizes...how do they work that one out????

imagine if you class your self as a medium and they charge you X L you would be gutted ! you would never get any re bookings !

Ha Ha i have a spare set of tweezers if you want to give them to your wife lol xxx"

I was rather hoping the discount she gave me was a volume discount :lol::lol:
Right I had better pack it in before I get into any more trouble and go to far off topic :eek::eek:

Wonder if they charge double if your pregnant!!!
I think it is dam right rude to charge according to size!
next people will be charging more for pedicures depending
on the size of thier feet! good grief what has this world
come too. stick with the one price better to use a bit more
product and have a client leave feeling happy rather than feeling
down about themself.

Can you imagine saying to someone "well you're a bit of a big un so it's ££ extra"
OMG:eek:
Nothing to say other than LMAO!!!!
You crack me up Judy!

xxxx:hug:

Lol! to all the funny replies, too many to quote!

In all seriousness though, how on earth can someone charge like that!!?? That's being 'sizist' (not wanting to get all political) surely?

Surely in the grand scheme of things, it would even itself out anyway? I mean, you're hardly likely to get ALL short fat people or ALL tall skinny rakes are you?!

xx

Charging according to size !?! Ooooh, what a cheek ! How rude..:irked:

This individual should have one set of prices for all by knowing their profit margins. Charging by dress size smacks of profiteering. They are also probably breaking discrimination laws by doing this.

My nail treatment prices are based on maximum consumables used and maximum time it may take.Therefore i know my profit margin before i see a client regardless of whether they have nails like a giant or a baby's, some clients nails are neat and clean when they arrive others are like they've been digging a tunnel ! Between them all i gain and lose but at the end of the day i'm even.

Imagine if you went to get your nails done and the tech said, "ooh your nails are huge and dirty that will be £? extra !"

Or, if you went for a wax and they said, "wow, i've never seen such an out of control ladyforest !, that will be £? extra"

How many re-books would you get ??:lol:

Last edited:
Wondered why the lady doing my back sack and crack last week offered me a discount...and there was I thinking she was just being nice...now I know what she actually mean't :lol::lol::lol:

<wicked grin> have i missed something>?

i read this thread and i find it offensive charging by the dress\frame size i'm booking into a spray tanning course in september i wouldn't dream of charging by the frame size ...i have one large lady client who is vurnuble and a bit shy about going to a salon and i charge normal pricing...whoever this person is ...is judgemental of peoples sizes.

:irked:Oh dear this thread is ruining my buisness...just had an older guy on who has seen it...unfortunatley he lost a leg in the war.

He has been meaning to get a spraytan for some time now but his cash flow is a bit tight...anyway's he has seen this thread..called me up ..and the cheeky bugger asked for a 20% discount cos there is less of him to spray than he used tohave.

Bloody cheek of some hey :lol::lol:

Good lord!
I can only add to the general distaste at such a discriminating practice.

In the end, it will even itself out. You will get clients who are short, tall, skinny or big and then there are the ones who want you to 'go over the arms again as I like them very dark' :smack: (You know the ones!)
So, it will work out OK without offending anyone and without making your pricing structure look like a train timetable.

I'm glad we all feel the same, I wonder how much business this lady will loose by doing this.

Imagine you went one month and it was £18 and a few months later you went and it was £20, you might not have thought you'd gained weight but apparently according to her, you have! xx

I'm glad we all feel the same, I wonder how much business this lady will loose by doing this.

Imagine you went one month and it was £18 and a few months later you went and it was £20, you might not have thought you'd gained weight but apparently according to her, you have! xx

yes, i agree, if you were a larger client, you would just look for someone who charged the same for everyone.
maybe she has enough tiny clients who benefit from her pricing structure to keep her in business ?:confused:

Or I wonder if she charges extra if you are larger in one area. I have big boobs and a big bum. I wonder if she'd turn around and say that's an extra $5 to cover that :eek:.

i couldnt do this as to me it screams , unprofessional and also descrimination (sorry jmo )

I know everyone stopped talking about this. But oh my life this is so funny! this size charging could apply for most treatments! I have a client who lost her finger she always jokes saying her manicures should be less now...... maybe shes not joking ha ha :lol:

Ye gods Louiser, you've given me a good laugh:hug: Have to say
ONLY IN NORTHAMPTON!!!!!:green: could anyone possibly be so rude and sooo tight:smack: Pm me and tell me who it is:lol:

I'm shocked!! Who on earth would think of pricing like that?

shocking!!!! i can't imagine doing anything like this...i wouldn't have any clients!!! xx

Absolutely rediculous, for the pennies it will cost to spray a larger surface area! I thought we were all about giving the 'feel good factor' not the 'knock down factor' never to return. :eek:

Latest posts

Back