Christmas Movies-what's your fave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine aren't chrismasy, but they always used to show them at xmas time when I was younger, and they are Oliver Twist (original) and wizard of oz, Im always dissapointed if they dont air them :)

I must be on the geek who not seen Miracle on 34th Street!!!! Best get the DVD.

I love......

Blackadder Christmas Carol for early Christmas eve

White Christmas - to be watched on Christmas Eve night, with the log burner going, lights off & the tree lights twinkling and all of us snuggled up on the sofa's with the kids in their jammies waiting to go to bed & a wee little glass of port/G&T/something sparkling.

I'm feeling a bit festive now lol!

Sounds like the perfect evening! Especially, with that port, something sparkling. ;)

Yeah, go get the DVD of Miracle on 34th Street, but the original if you lilke old fashioned movies. I don't think you'll regret it! :hug:

Sounds like I ought to - off the check out Amazon now!:lol:

Absolutely without a doubt miracle on 34th street cos it brill and so is new york and i got proposed to at the top of the empire state x

mine aren't chrismasy, but they always used to show them at xmas time when I was younger, and they are Oliver Twist (original) and wizard of oz, Im always dissapointed if they dont air them :)
Hear hear Tracey! was surpised no-one had mentioned Wizard of Oz earlier. . . xmas isn't xmas without that being on the bbc at some stage. Preferably after boxing day, when all the work is done and you can lie on the sofa and chill out with a glass of baileys while you are watching it.

Better get my order in for Miracle on 34th Street then. I have never heard of it but it sounds like a definite winner. We are in summer for Xmas so there will be no log fires at my house Christmas Eve. I hope that just once in my life I could experience a northern hemisphere White Christmas. I have a very short "bucket" list but this one is definitely on the list.

Absolutely without a doubt miracle on 34th street cos it brill and so is new york and i got proposed to at the top of the empire state x

what a lovely proposal, you lucky girl :hug:

That's SO romantic! :)

jingle all the way has to be my favourite christmas film ever, used to watch it loads!

i always wanted the little action figure in the film!

:D

I totally love A Christmas Carol and the many different film adaptations both classic and modern interpretations especially Scrooged with Bill Murray soooo funny.

I think the reason I love this story is I'm addicted to anything Victorian era related.

Same here, I love all the different versions of A Christmas Carol and could watch SCROOGED over and over again - so funny!

hey, i love the santa clause movies!! all 3 of them:) also i love home alone, polar express and love actually...theres too many others to mention:lol: xx

Has everyone forgot about home alone!! its brilliant infact ive just watched it!!the sequels were pants though!

I also like Harry Potter at Christmas especially the Christmas scenes in them because they are always so snowy and magical.

Well, any time of the year for them really :)

xx

One of my favourites has to be "The Grinch" (and it's one of Sonia's favourites too); I also used to love it when they showed the Canadian production of "Anne of Green Gables" on Channel 4 around Christmas - but that was like 19 or 20 years ago!!!

My youngest is currently watching Santa Claus the movie, it's her first time and she's absolutely enthralled.

Latest posts

Back