Christmas Movies-what's your fave?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanosnana

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Gee, as I sit here watching the snow flurries, it got me thinking about Christmas movies. I was wondering what your fave is and why.

For me, I HAVE to watch 'Miracle on 34th Street' (the original) on Thanksgiving night. I just love that Fred 'proves' to the world there is a Santa Claus.

Another fave of mine is 'White Christmas', on Christmas Eve. A friend of mine (who is no longer with me) and I used to watch that on Christmas Eve and I guess I'm just carrying on that tradition. I even got my kids into that movie and the LOVE the 'old fashioned-ness' of it.

My other all time fave is 'It's a Wonderful Life'. It reminds me that we are ALL important in one another's lives and touch each others lives in unexpected ways.

And when I need a good laugh this time of year, it has to be 'Christmas Vacation'. I have seen that movie a million times and it's still as funny as the very first time I saw it.

OK...I guess I went a little overboard with four faves. LOL! What's your favorite Christmas movie?

Wishing everyone much happiness and good health for the holiday season and beyond. XOXOXO :hug:

For me its 'Its a Wonderful Life' and Polar Express.

xx

Miracle on 34th Street, The Grinch, Home Alone, Scrooged, Polar Express...Oh I can't just pick one there's so many!:lol:

my faves when i was little has got to be National lampoons xmas vacation, home alone...oh and santa claus the movie.

I have to agree with you on ALL of your choices!!!!
I don't think they can be beat!!!
The original film Miracle on 34th St is just absolutely magical and Edmund Gwenn as Kris Kringle is a fine bit of casting. I always think of him when I think of Santa!!!

White Christmas is old fashioned...but that's what makes it perfect.....don't you just love it when they pull the screens back and it is SNOWING!"!!!

I think I know the script of it's a wonderful life off by heart I have seen and cried at it so often...love it!!

And for just good laugh out loud fun National Lampons Christmas Vacation.....can't be beat!!!

OOOh all of a sudden I am starting to feel Christmassy!!!..yaaaay

all the above and elf and shrek the halls oh alright all the shreks. and when decorating my tree i have to have the xmas songs going and no one helping me with the fire on full and it either snowing or raining
racheal

Mine has to be Santa Claus the movie as I remember going to the cinema with my mum to see it the year it was released and when we came out it was snowing. Really festive. I also love polar express, Miracle on 34th Street but the one with Attenborough.

XXX

I love Elf, Miracle on 34th Street and Jingle Bells (arnie swarnegger) and I defo have to watch Bad Santa (certainly not one for the kids) Its sooooooooooo Funny!

Kate

Miracle on 34th White christmas and Mrs Claus. But i love em all,my ideal sunday in winter is terrible weather,all three of us watching an xmas film usually about 4pm and having a big stodgy sunday lunch and pudding with a drink, lights twinkling.Heaven :Love:

White Christmas is old fashioned...but that's what makes it perfect.....don't you just love it when they pull the screens back and it is SNOWING!"!!!

OOOh all of a sudden I am starting to feel Christmassy!!!..yaaaay

I agree! When they pull that screen back, I get chills every single time! :)

For me its Elf, Bridget Jones and Love Actually xxxxx

Oh and Becki totally agree with your perfect day, just the kinda days we love!!!

xxxx

Its a wonderful life and Muppet christmas carol with Michael Caine as Scrooge.

It's gotta be Elf, The Snowman and Home Alone for me

I always know Christmas is coming when they start showing the polar bears on the Coca Cola adverts! lol.

I totally love A Christmas Carol and the many different film adaptations both classic and modern interpretations especially Scrooged with Bill Murray soooo funny.

I think the reason I love this story is I'm addicted to anything Victorian era related.

Last edited:
Miracle on 34th Street for me and of course the Snowman, I just love it, when he melts it gets me every time :cry:

Oooohhhh! Deanosnana, what have you started!

I didn't realise I had so many 'faves'!

All of the above but my all time great is Miracle on 34th Street with the flip side of It'a A Wonderful Life :)

We don't get a lot of snow in the South so we have to pretend. I get my husband to sit on the roof shaking washing powder off of it so we can see it thorugh the window :green:

(that last bit was a bit of a fib :lol:)

xx

Oooohhhh! Deanosnana, what have you started!

I didn't realise I had so many 'faves'!

All of the above but my all time great is Miracle on 34th Street with the flip side of It'a A Wonderful Life :)

We don't get a lot of snow in the South so we have to pretend. I get my husband to sit on the roof shaking washing powder off of it so we can see it thorugh the window :green:

(that last bit was a bit of a fib :lol:)

xx

PMSL :lol::lol::lol:

for me the remake of 34th street - Dylan McDermott . . . mmmmmmmm

Miracle on 34th White christmas and Mrs Claus. But i love em all,my ideal sunday in winter is terrible weather,all three of us watching an xmas film usually about 4pm and having a big stodgy sunday lunch and pudding with a drink, lights twinkling.Heaven :Love:

I love those days!! My faves are Home Alone, Scrooged, Polar Express, Snowman, and I don't know if its a xmas film or not but I love "Little Women" at xmas

I must be on the geek who not seen Miracle on 34th Street!!!! Best get the DVD.

I love......

Blackadder Christmas Carol for early Christmas eve

White Christmas - to be watched on Christmas Eve night, with the log burner going, lights off & the tree lights twinkling and all of us snuggled up on the sofa's with the kids in their jammies waiting to go to bed & a wee little glass of port/G&T/something sparkling.

I'm feeling a bit festive now lol!

Latest posts

Back