CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are all back in stock just placed my order. I had 7 on my list but told myself to pick 4 I ended up with 10 plus the summer splash mini's oops!!!

Told myself 5 ended up with 15 for gods sake I have issues lol xx

Oh poop wish I had waited now as they are back in stock!! Never mind I am too impatient and shall just make another order if I love vinylux x

Wondering what you guys are doing pricewise? I'm sticking to the rrp £9.95 for individual polishes and topcoat but wondering if I should offer a different price for the first colour and topcoat bought together?

Am selling my first tonight so need to decide sharpish!

Wondering what you guys are doing pricewise? I'm sticking to the rrp £9.95 for individual polishes and topcoat but wondering if I should offer a different price for the first colour and topcoat bought together?

Am selling my first tonight so need to decide sharpish!

£15.95 for a colour and topcoat bought together xx

No I don't think you can. Going to be a case of checking everyday I think I want one too lol x

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Boo :-( xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I feel I just need to post a bit of support for S2 here! I don't work for them, they don't pay me but I do know how hard everyone at their HO works to support their customers!

S2 had to order their Vinylux stock months ago! As one of the best global distributors they were the first to have the major launch (hence the presence of the fabulous Jan Arnold! It was her first presentation on Vinylux!!!) . They have to guess the uptake of it. They obviously received enough for The Event and to get stocks into their warehouse at midnight and to their main partners for sale today. The Geek said that the next shipment was due into Leeds today at some point and had to be counted in and loaded onto the system.

Do any of you realise what a logistical juggling act this is??? having worked in this area, this probably meant that a massive stock was airfreighted at much higher cost to guarantee delivery before the week end to get it all to the right places. Then the rest sea freight at normal cost (probably todays delivery)

They then had to live through all the negative feedback when Vinylux info got onto the web: "oh, it's just a polish", "I'm disappointed", "it will ruin my Shellac business" and on and on. Now we know it is far more than 'just a polish' and they have to service 1000's of orders instantly!

Those at The Event could order there and their order was delivered before they left! That takes some doing (especially as they used new technology to do it! )

This is a bit of a rant I suppose but I just want you all to see another side as they work so hard. Customers ordering 2 colours and a top coat to 'try it out' will get the same service as their big spas who order the whole range times 10!!

I'm sure stocks will run out again soon and then they will be at the mercy of CND who, hopefully, have enough to fulfil S2's orders.

They are not magicians nor clairvoyants. They do the best they can and that is better than most! :hug:

Got my confirmation order today!!! Should be with me by tomorrow!!! Can't wait!!! :D

As a distributor myself I know the issues involved with trying to have enough stock. Frankly it's an effing nightmare.
Just as you think you're on top of it all some part of the chain breaks down and you're left almost incandescent with rage.
I can honestly imagine the nail biting anxiety of the Sams knowing that this was coming, and how the heck do we manage this?
Give them a break, chaps. Vinylux will become the new normal, just as Shellac has. And 99.999% of your salon clients won't know about it, until YOU tell them. So don't tell them until you have it!

What is everyone selling the pinkies kit for RRP??x

Did you pay for next day delivery? They will all get picked first so yours may not be sent until tomorrow if not.

I had my fulfilment email earlier.

If you look when you tick the box for next day delivery it only applies if you order before a certain time I think! Check the t&c's we all tick the box but do you actually read them?

ETA - it seems like all the colours are back in stock on S2!

Thanks for posting this. I had been on S2 literally twenty minutes earlier and some were out of stock, so i thought, no big deal i'll wait, then i saw your post. Woohoo!

Unfortunately i'm not as reserved as most of you geeks seem to be...i bought the lot, haha. Luckily, i know this about myself and as the amazing Mrs Geek had so generously PM'd me with the retail price (without me asking) i had my finances prepared, lol.

I must say that i highly agree with the posters such as Mum and Lynne...the Sweets and their staff have done a fantastic job of launching Vinylux. Every time they get something new they order more than the last launch and every time it sells out anyway. How incredible that they sold out this morning and then had it replaced by the afternoon!

As to their being out of stock of products and then charging for delivery when it comes back into stock if you are under a certain amount - i know it is a bit of a pain in the bum, but they don't have to give us free delivery anyway. They do this as a thankyou for our custom, but they still have to pay it. Or you could choose to wait and not order until they have everything you want/need. I know that if i have a client come in for a manicure and i don't have the particular colour they want, i don't let them have their next manicure for free when i've got the polish in. (I'm not having a go, just looking at it from another point of view :hug: )

I'm going away on Sunday so i wonder if my order will arrive before i go? Ooh i hope so...we're going to visit the mother-in-law and i'd love to bring my polishes xx

No I didn't. I did presume it would get dispatched Thursday for delivery Friday. But I live in hope lol

:)

I think S2 does an amazing job.

X

I hope you don't mind me posting I am a very lucky hair geek who managed to get her hands on lobster roll and vinylux top coat (thanks Fi!). I have no training in nails and found it very easy to apply and I am happy with the results. I would definitely use this for day to day but for something special I would get them done professionally. 😃

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367434687.468896.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367434687.468896.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 531
I hope you don't mind me posting I am a very lucky hair geek who managed to get her hands on lobster roll and vinylux top coat (thanks Fi!). I have no training in nails and found it very easy to apply and I am happy with the results. I would definitely use this for day to day but for something special I would get them done professionally. 😃

That's great! As this is also a retail item it would be really useful if you could let us know how you get on with it from a non nail pro perspective, would you mind popping some pics on in a few days for us?

That's great! As this is also a retail item it would be really useful if you could let us know how you get on with it from a non nail pro perspective, would you mind popping some pics on in a few days for us?
Yeah of course not a problem. I really love the colour.

Why discount something that there is a demand for? It's not like they can get it at boots and collect points. Millions has probably gone into research and it'll be the early adopters who are purchasing, they expect to pay rrp. I certainly did when I got my iPhone when it was a minority luxury item and because they don't discount, it's still a luxury item. I don't think we need to discount the rrp on Vinylux, for top coat and colour - both items are required - if you want to do them a deal, give an added benefit :)

It's not a cartel, just makes sense not to discount something that is in demand or that we're creating a demand for.

Just saying ;) x

Oh dear, I just managed to buy the whole lot! I hope I get them before the weekend, I actually cannot wait.. Time to say goodbye to my Orly stock, sorry Orly, it was good while it lasted..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Why discount something that there is a demand for? It's not like they can get it at boots and collect points. Millions has probably gone into research and it'll be the early adopters who are purchasing, they expect to pay rrp. I certainly did when I got my iPhone when it was a minority luxury item and because they don't discount, it's still a luxury item. I don't think we need to discount the rrp on Vinylux, for top coat and colour - both items are required - if you want to do them a deal, give an added benefit :)

It's not a cartel, just makes sense not to discount something that is in demand or that we're creating a demand for.
at
Just saying ;) x

£15.95 for a colour and topcoat is the RRP. I have had it available for less than 48 hours, have retailed and because the topcoat and colour combo is better value if bought together my clients have then said 'ooh I might as well buy an extra colour since I'm saving'. I've retailed 3 bottles instead of 2. I'm certainly happy with that!

X

£15.95 for a colour and topcoat is the RRP. I have had it available for less than 48 hours, have retailed and because the topcoat and colour combo is better value if bought together my clients have then said 'ooh I might as well buy an extra colour since I'm saving'. I've retailed 3 bottles instead of 2. I'm certainly happy with that!

X

Great stuff, had no idea that it was the RRP, thought it was being discounted when there was no need - I guess that's what we referred to as price elasticity in marketing. :)

I was at The Event and thought Jan said the RRP was £9.95 each colour OR top coat?

Can someone please confirm this for me??

Latest posts

Back