CND Email - Vinylux Polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I posted the other day about applying the vinylux polish and being a non pro. Unfortunately my polish has chipped around the edges. I think I have applied it too thinly and maybe not got all the edges with top coat. I am going to remove and retry. Such a lovely polish to use I am certainly not put off.

I retailed my first colour & top coat today.
I have just tried Vinylux on myself (just 4 nails) it is lovely & dried in under 8.5 minutes.

Trick to applying Vinylux (in my opinion) is forget Shellac, load your brush up, so you have enough to cover the whole nail without having to go back into the bottle to get more, then with the top coat get a generous amount to cover full nail, with colour & top don't drag the brush, let it flow.
No more "thin to win" think "fat to win" or "full to win" lol x

I like "full to win" :)

For those that have applied vinylux to colourpops how do you do it? I read that it bonds to the keratin of the nail - is it ok on a plastic colourpop?

For those that have applied vinylux to colourpops how do you do it? I read that it bonds to the keratin of the nail - is it ok on a plastic colourpop?

It's still a nail varnish isn't it? Presume it would be fine... X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Thanks Jemma - I'm probably overthinking the simple :) x

Yes no problem on colour pops, 2x colour and top coat x

just a quick Q, I know there is a shellac salon locator, and I know it was announced that all the people who attended the event were going to be added to a vinylux locator, does anyone have a link to this so I can see who in my local area is offering vinylux.

Thanks

just a quick Q, I know there is a shellac salon locator, and I know it was announced that all the people who attended the event were going to be added to a vinylux locator, does anyone have a link to this so I can see who in my local area is offering vinylux.

Thanks

go to the usual http://www.loveshellac.com/salon-finder/ and select vinylux.
there is also lovecnd.com

Very disappointed stayed up to midnight to place my order but it has not been dispatched today so won't get it now until Tuesday almost a week :sad: :sad::sad::sad:

Snap! I'm not a happy bunny wanted to play over weekend 😠

Got all my emails last night, this morning got an email. It's been delayed (by the postage) and won't be delivered till 7th may! Not good!!

Got mine yesterday and done a mani and pedi +booked another one in ;)
It's not as shiny as shellac and doesn't cover ridges, but I think is way nicer than regular nail varnish. Done my mani and pedi last night, see how they last yeyyy

Hey I posted the other day about applying the vinylux polish and being a non pro. Unfortunately my polish has chipped around the edges. I think I have applied it too thinly and maybe not got all the edges with top coat. I am going to remove and retry. Such a lovely polish to use I am certainly not put off.

Did you scrubfresh the nail first? I read on here that you still need to really squeak the nail with scrubfresh before applying the vinylux. So is everyone that's already sold some vinylux selling the scrubfresh with it too?

Well my order is still showing pending, although dispatch date should have been yesterday when I look at the order details :-/

Did you scrubfresh the nail first? I read on here that you still need to really squeak the nail with scrubfresh before applying the vinylux. So is everyone that's already sold some vinylux selling the scrubfresh with it too?

Any professional worth their salt would thoroughly squeak the nail before polishing with ANY polish ... That's what we do.

Most consumers don't bother to squeak but they could do the same job that Scrubfresh does with Acetone. Most consumers won't bother to remove cuticle either, before polishing, but my mother always did and my grandmother. Some will, some won't. For some VINYLUX will last longer than others ... For sure it will outlast anything else if they do or they don't.

Finally can people take their order updates and queries to Sweet Squared ... This thread is nothing to do with order statuses and they will not see your comments here or be able to help you.

I am absolutely desperate to replace my very old and now gloopy Hotski to Tchotchkie polish. I have been holding out for Vinylux but there's no match. Can anyone tell me if there is a reasonable replacement? I thought maybe Daring Escape?

Karaxxx

The new colours are so gorgeous I was actually sad when I sold one :lol:

I came into the industry a couple of years ago when people stopped coming in to the salon for normal polish services and switched to gel polish/shellac/soak off gels so have never had much call for standard polish. When I first heard about Vinylux I wasn't very excited, BUT now I've seen it for myself, this will definitely change things.

I have a few clients who have perfect nails and hate having to faff about with shellac removal - it puts them off having their nails done, for them this will mean more regular appointments and some retail opportunities for me, if Shellac clients want to try it, they can have it over Brisa Lite smoothing and just pop back for a colour change or buy some between appointments.

So excited to have finally received my vinylux order. I was good and only ordered 30 and I'm absolutely thrilled that the new shape bottles are similar to the vintage CND bottles which fit in my original cnd polish case that I must have purchased 11 years ago!! Such a shame they don't still make these cases as I'm mobile and it looks to professional to have a proper CND case with all polishes fitting nicely and being displayed.

Just a question though, is there any need or point to using the solar oil quick dry spray? It dries so quickly anyway I'm not sure if this would speed up the process or tamper with the formula, any thoughts?x

[QUOTE=My business partner and I have both done our nails to give it a good trial this week. I think if you put it on quite thickly, rather than very thin layers, then it seems to cover ridges quite well. As for the shine and the feel, I don't think it seems too far off shellac at all really. We're really chuffed with it.

For the price of the product and the fact that we've put about 15% on top of our prices, it comes as a good in between for price range, which also means that I really think its going to be another brilliant business booster. I also think that normal polishes will be required even less and less now. Really nobody when we've explained it all wants normal polish. Happy days :) xxx

Woo goo received my order today I was good and only ordered 4 colours for now. Gutted though as my Hollywood bottle was broke and had leaked everywhere!! But there's a new one on its way to me :) x

So excited to have finally received my vinylux order. I was good and only ordered 30 and I'm absolutely thrilled that the new shape bottles are similar to the vintage CND bottles which fit in my original cnd polish case that I must have purchased 11 years ago!! Such a shame they don't still make these cases as I'm mobile and it looks to professional to have a proper CND case with all polishes fitting nicely and being displayed.

Just a question though, is there any need or point to using the solar oil quick dry spray? It dries so quickly anyway I'm not sure if this would speed up the process or tamper with the formula, any thoughts?x

It won't interfere but will moisturise the skin ... Polish will probably be dry by the time you spray it .. But it won't do any harm and may help clients be careful for a few moments. :D

Latest posts

Back