CND Pre-qual in Leeds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammyb

Reaction score
Hi geeks,
This is my first ever post :) I've been popping in on this wonderful site for many years now and thought it was about time I got going.....better late than never eh!!!

I was just wondering how many of you gorgeous geeks were in Leeds last Friday at the CND shellac pre-qual day?

I got the call on Wed to say i've made it through to boot camp in May (Sooooooo exited I nearly fell off my chair)

So how many of you lot are fellow 'booties' and will be attending in May?
Everyone was so great I dont know how they managed to choose.

Will look forward to seeing you all then :hug:

Oh and a big thank you to Nataliya (so sorry if i've spelt that wrong) for being my 'duck' partner and shellacing my nails, they still look fab!

Hi geeks,
This is my first ever post :) I've been popping in on this wonderful site for many years now and thought it was about time I got going.....better late than never eh!!!

I was just wondering how many of you gorgeous geeks were in Leeds last Friday at the CND shellac pre-qual day?

I got the call on Wed to say i've made it through to boot camp in May (Sooooooo exited I nearly fell off my chair)

So how many of you lot are fellow 'booties' and will be attending in May?
Everyone was so great I dont know how they managed to choose.

Will look forward to seeing you all then :hug:

Oh and a big thank you to Nataliya (so sorry if i've spelt that wrong) for being my 'duck' partner and shellacing my nails, they still look fab!

Welcome Samantha and congratulations! Bout time! Lol. Better late than never. Take a look at the blogs ... Some of the new 'booties' have posted there. X

Hello there, I will be going to Bootcamp too, yey! Can't wait! Feel free to add me on Facebook, Sarah Maden. I am friends with lots of others that r going too so u r v welcome to join in on all the chatter! Congratulations on getting through. X

Hi ya Samantha,
Congratulations xxxx
Yep a fellow Bootie here too, see you in May.
Geeks in Leeds, Yea baby xxxx

I too was one of the unfortunate ones who didn't make it through. Loads of enthusiasm just not good enough on the day, compared with the others in my area. But I've only been in the Buisness since Feb last year and I took nail training as a hobby something that I never expected would stir up a massive passion in me. It helps that I have the best CND Ambassador in the world Kelly Winterburn & am fortunate enough to be close to the wonderful S2 team. I'm routing for all that got through to bootcamp and can't wait to hear all about it - good luck to you ALL & for those that didn't get through like me, I'll be seeing you next time round xxxxx

Me, Me. Im going.
Whats a fab thing your first ever post is about. CONGRATULTIONS
See you in May xxx:hug: Jen

I too was one of the unfortunate ones who didn't make it through. Loads of enthusiasm just not good enough on the day, compared with the others in my area. But I've only been in the Buisness since Feb last year and I took nail training as a hobby something that I never expected would stir up a massive passion in me. It helps that I have the best CND Ambassador in the world Kelly Winterburn & am fortunate enough to be close to the wonderful S2 team. I'm routing for all that got through to bootcamp and can't wait to hear all about it - good luck to you ALL & for those that didn't get through like me, I'll be seeing you next time round xxxxx

That's the CND spirit and a very gracious answer! :hug:

People pass or don't pass pre qualification day on many different criteria, and application skills are not the most important thing because we can change that and improve that for a candidate if they are not perfect.

How a person fits into the team is paramount, personality and motivation is hugely important and of course how many people applying from the same area is important as well as assessment results.

After PRE qualification, there is still bootcamp to pass ... So it is not an easy road. Some simply cannot handle the pressure. Everyone who took part is admirable and your post clearly shows your determination and that you can take it if you have a set back. Well done.

Last edited:
I'm going :):):)

Many congratulations on Bootcamp and your first geek post :hug:

Join us on facebook, we all went a bit crazy on Wednesday when we found out :eek:

Come and make friends, I took some photos so you probably be there, come tag yourself Della Lavers

See you in May Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi. I'm a newbie geek and was wondering what was this for? Sorry for the lack of knowledge. ;-) xx

Hun, you have absolutely the right attitude and that is what will make you successful in this business, in fact happy and successful in general! A 'can-do' attitude is so important, and is what has seen my business grow during the recession (helped, of course, by the fabulous public response to Shellac!)

It was fab to meet you, and is lovely knowing that you are routing for us 'Booties'. We will have to make sure our paths cross very soon. xx

PS - To other fellow Booties who haven't added me yet, I'm on Facebook as Gemma Pinfield-Thomas and Up To Scratch Nails xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hi. I'm a newbie geek and was wondering what was this for? Sorry for the lack of knowledge. ;-) xx

No need to apologise! Some of us have applied to join the very best education team in the industry - nay, the World - and become CND Education Ambassadors or CND Shellac Education Ambassadors.

We applied at the end of last year, were shortlisted to attend an audition-style day in Leeds last Friday (Pre-Qual day), and some of us have now reached the final hurdle: CND Bootcamp in early May - very exciting!

Hope this explains. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Congratulations to you all!!!

I am gutted due to work commitments (opening another salon:)) I had to drop out :cry:

Im going too :)
Congratulations on making it through it was a fantastic day ever nerve in my body was pushed to its limit but well worth it.
I am still buzzing now and cant wait to meet up with you guys in May :hug:

just wanted to say a big huge 'good luck' to all of you who are on to the next stage!! you'll all do absolutely fabulous i'm sure! well done! :D x

Congratulations to everyone . And fir those who didn't make it this time I hope to see u all back there next time as I am gonna give it a go and see if I get chosen as I would love to become a shellac educator ...

i got to boot camp! :) i even got told by Samuel that my Shellac application wasn't 100% but its everything els you do on the day thats counts as well or we all could of gone home after we did the Shellac! Add me on FB to Amelia Redhead see you all in May! xx

Last edited:
I cant wait to see you all there!!
It was a very nerve wracking day friday, I've never done any public speaking before and was terrified- I could literally feel my knees knocking!
Thankfully I made it through alive and I'm sure i'll find it easier next time as a result.
I am so excited for the next stage and crossing everything that i make it!
Well done to everyone who was there though, whether you got through or not, everyone did great just being there :hug:

I am so proud and pleased for everyone that attended and also for those that got through. I pulled out at the last minute for my own reasons.

I think that those didnt get chosen will be back to rock it another time. It was not our race this time, but next time ladies and gents, it'll be another story eh?

xxxxxx

May i say CONGRATULATIONS to all that got through and tried at this event.I don't do shellac at the moment as i only qualified last july, and training in hair this year.I wish you all the best at the bootcamps.
BIG HUGS :)
Sazza x

I'm very happy to say that I'll be going to Bootcamp too! :)

I'll be coming over from Ireland and I have butterflies in my stomach already just thinking of it!!

I'm so excited to meet all of you lovely geeks, there is such great team spirit among everyone on this site and I know we'll all be rooting for each other :hug:

Please add me on Facebook (I don't have a professional one as yet) .. it's in my maiden name, just to confuse everyone :)

Karen O' Toole | Facebook

I wasn't at the pre qual... we had ours here in February in the Creative Academy in Dublin... I was so nervous, but at the same time I enjoyed every minute of it... so I just hope I'll do well at Bootcamp!!

Best of luck to everyone!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back