Competition - Polished hand

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
Does anyone know, when they judge the polished hand, are they looking for the same apex placement, structure line of light etc as they do on the pink and white hand, or are they mainly looking for polishing skills as in good coverage, no enamel on skin, under the free edge etc?

Just wondering as I lost loads of points on the polished hand, mainly cos I'm crap at polishing lol!

I can't answer you cathie but will be watching with keen interest at replies as I'm entering this year and am SOOOO worried about my polished hand cos I'm so crap at consistent polish application (esp in bright red!!). :hug:

Does anyone know, when they judge the polished hand, are they looking for the same apex placement, structure line of light etc as they do on the pink and white hand, or are they mainly looking for polishing skills as in good coverage, no enamel on skin, under the free edge etc?

Just wondering as I lost loads of points on the polished hand, mainly cos I'm crap at polishing lol!

its all in the polishing hun.... but you have to have a fab high shine under neither... trust me... ive run out of time on the polished hand so many times
and you can lose points if the judge can see any kinda scratches under it

its good to make the nails the same structure as the p&w hand as this will help with the overall look score

check ya past scoresheets to see where you can improve... time permitting ;)

hth

Jess
xox

ps... polish practice is a must... i know that ive lost silly marks on my polish before... and when i do actually compete again im gonna try practice it more

You do have to do both hands P&W don't you? Or have I overlooked soething and you can do your polished hand in one colour?

Hi cathie, judging and score sheets are always changing and they are always looking for different things. Usually, they are looking for consistency on both hands, as a rule they dont usually judge you per finger on the polished hand for upper/lower arches but your highest scores will come from your finishing as red with show up every scratch and dull spot!! and as you state, that is exactly what they are looking for... no polish on underside, neatness of side walls... hope this helps, im here if any more Q's xx

Yeah you can do you polished hand in one colour....you can do p/w or just white to get the same look on the underside of the nails.

Jess .....what scoresheet (s) I only have 1 lol and my polished hand was pants, I think I got about 20% (or less) of the points I could have...that's bad lol!

Are you competing at GMEX cathie? If so maybe we could meet there on the day to give each other a bit of moral support?!:hug:

Yeah you can do you polished hand in one colour....you can do p/w or just white to get the same look on the underside of the nails.

Jess .....what scoresheet (s) I only have 1 lol and my polished hand was pants, I think I got about 20% (or less) of the points I could have...that's bad lol!

i know youve only done one but you can check what they look for.... ill fish mine out tomorrow and text you if theres anything different in mine (as in what they look for iykwim.. not my scores they differ form each comp!...lol)

when polishing its also abt the colour coverage as in is it even etc... and abt finding the rite polish for you... how old is the polish bottle, what make etc...
i know in my first comp i picked a nice red but on one coat it looked v pink and i scored crap cos of it as i (as norm...lol) ran out of time and only got one coat on

Jess
xox

I think my polishing is quite neat and tidy but I always lose marks for scratches which show through. Plenty of buffing away before applying the enamel.

Cathie, have you changed your mind? please say you have:)

Are you competing at GMEX cathie? If so maybe we could meet there on the day to give each other a bit of moral support?!:hug:
No not at GMEX but I will be supporting you in mind all the way....go for it!

Cathie, have you changed your mind? please say you have:)
It seems like I am talking myself into it again....is tricky still available? FFS what am I doing lol!

Cathie - You're joining the rest of us mad hatters - no way out now LOL!

go for it cathie!!!!!!!

go cathie...go cathie...go cathie whooop woooopppp wooooooop:green: (as julie roberts said in pretty woman)

i so wish i could be a model for you guys but i have sausage fingers and short knackared nail beds:rolleyes:

Ok, I'll do it but mind I will be winging it and will still be crap! :irked: :eek: :lol: :smack:

Wonder if I can pay now and save a few quid!!!

At the comps here, when judging the polished hand we look at the overall look, density of colour, line of light, application, (none on skin or underside)
The polish is supplied and every competitor uses the same polish as it's donated.

The polish is supplied and every competitor uses the same polish as it's donated.
Yes - that is what I liked about Scottish Beauty comp. We were all provided with a bottle of red polish so that every competitor was using the same one. I thought this was fairer.

Do you get knocked down on points if the polish isn't the right colour? I mean, I know it has to be red and I know it can't be pearlised or shimerry but other than that is there a rule? I have been practicing with OPI Big Apple Red.

Good luck Cathie, go for it girl!!:hug: :eek: :)

It seems like I am talking myself into it again....is tricky still available? FFS what am I doing lol!

yes why not see you sat xx

Latest posts

Back