Could it really be??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with everything on this thread. But can I go off on a tangent slightly. Lately, we have been hearing and reading about the so-called "abuse" the dog is suffering on the VW advert on TV. So many people have complained and yet we know that animals are highly trained, and to sell cars too! We are world renowned as being a nation of animal lovers, and there's nothing wrong with that. But .... I, and so many of my family and friends, can't watch the NSPCC ad because it brings a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes when I watch it. But has anyone complained about that? No!! And yet if everyone gave it could save a child's life. Bit different imo. So what does that tell us as a nation? Just my 2 p's worth.

i aint against benefits , i have livedon some of the ruffest council estates , and my mum was on benefits when she was classed as disabled but.....,
what does pee me off is that a % have more kids so they can get more social payouts == more income which most of em spend on booze and drugs ,
not the genuine poor mum which is struggling to get by & looks after her kids , and has to have benefits

i think coz i have known a fair few scuzzy efforts in my time (including my own sister ) who dont give a toss about their kids and leave em with anyone , its like a red rag to me , seeing what my poor little nephew went through ,
and theirs people like her totally hoodwinking everyone and trying to make money off a fake kidnapping , its bloody sick :mad:

You hit the nail on the head there.

I was trying to highlight where you said more money to spend on drink & drugs...thats what i have been up against and even now 5 weeks on we are fighting for the money cj should have but his mother is still claiming it. We phone up to sort it out, they say fill in this form and that which we do, send it off and what do we get a letter saying money is already been claimed for him so we cant have any:mad::mad: Its like banging your head against a brick wall and all the time she laughs in our face because shes getting what cj should have and getting high and tanked up till her hearts content! Makes me fkn mad.

Im not against benefits been claimed and im not against council estates etc...Jeez i live on a council estate and bought my council house but i have to agree with those that say some people have child after child just to be able to have more money, not because they have the love to give the child unconditionaly.

I watched the news earlier and you know what? I was surprised how many of her friends and family was outside court giving her support after hearing all the evidence against her!

Ok moan over (for now) sorry for going on but when children are involved it makes my blood boil.

Last edited:
this is what i have found since monving away from council estates ..
most of the efforts live in a bubble , everyone else is wrong , they can do crimes etc..

I personally believe that ADOPTION needs to brought back if a child will be born in poverty or have parents who have no life skills
In this case then, I would be without my kids today...

I was 16 living with my mum who was on benifits when I had my first child,
was 18 on benifits myself when I had my second.
I had no life skills, and my children were born into poverty....( I suppose that would be the term for it)
Now I am sure you can see why I can't bare the comment you made.

My girls are now 11 and 8...gorgeous well mannered little madams, with high prospects....eldest is cleverest in her class with a reading and writing age of a 15 year old...I am very very proud...

I understand you have your views But thought I'd mention..Things arent always black and white.,
The way you worded your veiws were very black and white In my oppinion.

I understand you have your views But thought I'd mention..Things arent always black and white.,
The way you worded your veiws were very black and white In my oppinion.

I agree with emmsy...

many things in this world are not just black and white.. it is not always right or wrong...

There are many grey areas- regarding many issues - where we should indeed think about more before making conclusions...

this thread is very gossipy and downright prejudiced if you ask me

and it makes for uncomfortable reading if im honest

this thread is very gossipy and downright prejudiced if you ask me

and it makes for uncomfortable reading if im honest

I've just read it all :green:

blimey !

I think it's because as 'decent human beings' we've all got our strong views on this.

The family, the estate they live on, the kind of people we assume them to be.:eek:

Poor shannon i say - hopefully she'll be re homed with more responsible role models for the rest of her 'childhood' who can guide her well away from the first 9 years of her life.

Mb xxxxx

Am I prejudiced against people who find themselves in dire straits through no fault of their own? Nope. Not a bit.
I AM very prejudiced against people who manipulate the social safety net to their own advantage, and who are morally bankrupt enough to use children for their own ends.

Latest posts

Back