Crystal Pedicure - gave it a go

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh good idea about emailing them - here goes then......

photo.jpg

To put them on I cheated and used hard as nails top coat to apply one line at a time and then put 2 layers of top coat over them. It didn't dull them at all and after a day today at the beach, in and out of the water, sand etc they are still perfect :)

you have real nice feet! and your toes r nice too. wish i was in uk so u can do mine!

How long did it take you to do your toes. Very nice, I like x

I was having a good think about this on how much I would charge for this treatment.We all know that it does not need two people to do a set of these but I can see why Nail Inc can justify the cost of these lovely toes
2 people
1.15 hrs to do
Swarovski Crystal on all toes.
And a lovely relaxing treatment to go with it. (Always make the customer feel special) £110
Now Geeks we are all trying to decided how much to charge for this treatment. Charge what you think you are worth. This is a great extra treatment which will bring in extra revenue for your business. We have got to remember this is your time and artistic flare.
All toes(Genuine Swaroviski Crystal £80
Two big toes and Shellac £75-£80
Two big toes and Minx £75
Two big toes and Twinkly toes £70
This what I will be charging.
If you are using Gems just charge a little less.
We are not doing the boring old Pedicure, we want these ladies feet to be sparkling all Summer long, this is ideal for Holidays Proms, Wedding any special occasion. This is the Crem de la crem of Pedicure, bling fantastic. I can hear you shouting at the screen "how much" but you are using top quality products. If your customers think this a bit too expensive offer them another service,Shellac,Minx,Hollywood Toes and Twinkle toes which will be a fraction of the cost which we all know these treatment last longer than regular nail polish.

Now I am going to order my Swarovski Crystals and advertise my toes. Some of you ladies have already done this on Facebook, web-page, nice one. Why don't you do a few friends and let them advertise for you with a small discount 10%-20% off, 1 their will feel special, had this treatment first and 2 you can see how long these crystal last on the toes without dropping off (hopefully up to 4weeks). It a small price to pay to have the coolest cuticle in town.
Sorry for the long thread Jan x

These look fab. Definitely want to try them out. What size crystals would you recommend? 3mm would probably be too big, eh?

I've got the 1.8 on my little girl and they look good for the big toe I did some 1.8 and some 3 it took less time and looked better than using one size I think?, I got 8 1.3 on her big toe and 10 num 3 on there so quite alot fitted , she's an adult size 4 shoe (8 years old) if it helps you get an idea for size lol x

Sorry if I sound really dumb, but I've never used crystals on nails before and really don't know what quantities I should be ordering.

I'm looking at the Affiniti website and thinking:

2 x 1.8mm Crystal Swarovski Xilion Rose Flat Back - Jar of 50
1 x 3mm Crystal Swarovski Xilion Rose Flat Back - Jar of 50

Do you think this will be enough for one set?

Sorry if I sound like I need spoon fed to order these but have no idea.

Thanks

I would order double that.... i have about 50 just on my big toe :-S

Sorry if I sound really dumb, but I've never used crystals on nails before and really don't know what quantities I should be ordering.

I'm looking at the Affiniti website and thinking:

2 x 1.8mm Crystal Swarovski Xilion Rose Flat Back - Jar of 50
1 x 3mm Crystal Swarovski Xilion Rose Flat Back - Jar of 50

Do you think this will be enough for one set?

Sorry if I sound like I need spoon fed to order these but have no idea.

Thanks
It depends on the size of your feet ect, for the big toe nails I mixed and used both sizes I think if you got 3X 1.8 AND 1X3 it would be fine ,

mizzy_dizzy-albums-nail+art+2-picture28904-big-little-sizes.jpg
mizzy_dizzy-albums-nail+art+2-picture28905-arnt-they-fab.jpg
Ignore the big ones the other 2 sizes are the ones they have if that gives any idea ;)

OK OK I know you're all going to shoot me but I prefer the look of Rock Star toes anyday and they are so much easier to do and flatter and prettier in MY opinion not to mention just as blingey.

If these crystal companies were anything approaching being smart, then they would supply the crystals on netting (like mosaic tiles) and you could just cut out the toe sizes and stick them on with the netting and add the odd one or two loose ones to fill in the design if needed.

There you go crystal companies .. I'll take a 2% on all sales for my idea thank you. Contact me through the salongeek.com :D

Lol
Your right (as always lol) the netting is a good idea, I almost had that idea walking past the local Haberdashery shop yesterday they had tiny sequins on lace/net stuff sparkling away in the window I though ...."how could that be used?" then I carried on walking LOL

To be honest I cant think many people will want it for the price, but as it was on TV you never know who's seen it and wants it ? ,
Rock star toes are cool but a lot of people just think its glittery polish to look at it, the dimensions on X amount of gems makes people look LOL
Even though its nothing new putting gems on nails but Nails INC must have a good spin doctor .

OK OK I know you're all going to shoot me but I prefer the look of Rock Star toes anyday and they are so much easier to do and flatter and prettier in MY opinion not to mention just as blingey.

If these crystal companies were anything approaching being smart, then they would supply the crystals on netting (like mosaic tiles) and you could just cut out the toe sizes and stick them on with the netting and add the odd one or two loose ones to fill in the design if needed.

There you go crystal companies .. I'll take a 2% on all sales for my idea thank you. Contact me through the salongeek.com :D

Oh Geeg... the number of CLIENTS that have said to me "oh are they on a sheet and you just stick them on?..." and i've had to say no sorry you have to sit for 2hrs why you get a numb bum and i painstakingly hand apply them!!! I agree, soooooo much easier if they put them on a mess.... hey why don't minx get in on it?! That would sort our sealing problem too with their adhesive... i'll take 1.5% for that idea lol ! :D

Ok now forgive me as this may be a daft question but.... If you only do the big toes do the rest of the nails look odd? What would you do with the other nails?

HE HE No depends on client. with england flags now I do either white nails or french to make toes stand out. Sounds odd but it can be very effective.

Hi hope you dont mind me asking bt exactly what do you do? do you apply a base coat? or just the seal then apply gems then cure under uv light? xx

I prep nails - lightly buff and depending on design use dehydrator and nail glue then add crystals, or I nail prep, add a good layer of Glaze and go then add crystals then cure. I sometimes find if you use nail polish or uv top coat over gems, they are not so shiney.

I love these,can't wait to give them a go. Anyone use glaze n go for these?

I also sell swarovski crystals. They are genuine crystals, I buy them factory packed from swarovski, in massive bulk. Any colour any size but you would need to buy a factory pack of 1440 crystals, price would be around £50 for that many, or can get the crystal ones that are mainly used for £18.00 for 480 as I can split the packs. Let me know if you want me to get any.

I have just applied to my toes using glaze and go and they have turned out really well.
I did hollywood toes first then applied the glaze and go and then applied crystals and cured and applied glaze and go on top and it has not dulled them and I have used cheap crystals.
They are all still intact even after kicking the buggy board several times and having the 2yr old stamp on my toes just so he can say sorry????
Will post a pic after if I can figure how to!

Hi Guys

We have done these crystal pedicures as a trial look fab . However we did 2 of us & we have had them on for aprox 4 days & we used Shellac base then cure then Shellack top coat then cure but we have both lost a couple on the very ends of the Big toe free edge . How are you guys getting on ?
Shelly :hug:

Latest posts

Back