Dealing with male clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Ok i dont know if this is in the right section but OMG!!!hmm i just had a new male client that i did a back massage on, when i completed my treatment he asked me "do you do extras???" i looked dumbly at him and said "what do you mean by extras???" he said "ooh come on now you know what i mean"... I just laffed and said NO Im sorry i dont and he replied "well you gotta ask dont you" i felt sooo embarassed and i asked him if he wanted to have another appointment since his shoulder is aching and he said well not at this time and i thought oh great you only came here for what??? but anyhow i convinced him he needs a maintenace program of at least fortnightly massages... now im wondering if i did the right thing that he dosent really want a massage to heal himself and if im going to be comfortable massaging him again....eeeeek, perverted dirty old man.!!! LOL, ofcourse if he was James Bond i would have reconsidered..haha
What should I do? *sigh*

I'm gonna sit this one out ........ for the time being:)

I clicked on reply and now I seem to have to words..............! :green:

Do what u feel comfortable with hun. Do u work in a safe enviroment? .. I'm mobile and if someone did this to me i wouldnt go back.. i think.. unless he was dishy ha ha

I've had a bloke like this when i worked in a salon he asked over the phone if i did extras, I said no and even though he kept his appointment he didnt turn up on the day. I would have happily done the massage (obviously without extras) cause i knew i was in a salon where there were loads of people if i needed help.

Next time he comes in hand him a sheet of paper with the word "Extras" at the top and put things like:

Fresh Towels £5
Non-recycled massage oil £8
Therapist washing her hands before treatment £10

Next time he comes in hand him a sheet of paper with the word "Extras" at the top and put things like:

Fresh Towels £5

pmsl!:lol:

Ok i dont know if this is in the right section but OMG!!!hmm i just had a new male client that i did a back massage on, when i completed my treatment he asked me "do you do extras???" i looked dumbly at him and said "what do you mean by extras???" he said "ooh come on now you know what i mean"... I just laffed and said NO Im sorry i dont and he replied "well you gotta ask dont you" i felt sooo embarassed and i asked him if he wanted to have another appointment since his shoulder is aching and he said well not at this time and i thought oh great you only came here for what??? but anyhow i convinced him he needs a maintenace program of at least fortnightly massages... now im wondering if i did the right thing that he dosent really want a massage to heal himself and if im going to be comfortable massaging him again....eeeeek, perverted dirty old man.!!! LOL, ofcourse if he was James Bond i would have reconsidered..haha
What should I do? *sigh*

I wouldn't have booked him another appointment, sounds like he was just after the extras and not the massage.

Fresh Towels £5

haha that is toooo funny! hmm i work at home on my own so i guess im not that safe.... i reckon he will make some excuse and wont pitch up for his appointment, im so stupid i should have just said bye and whisked him out of my house.... perhaps i should text him so that i dont have to talk to him ugh! why could it not have been some hunk i ask..lol

After my foot massage i've almost had to use a shovel to get female clients off the seat. Male clients are merely more obvious:)
The best reply to someone so obnoxious to suggest anything else is that you choose to be a professional, not a pro.

After my foot massage i've almost had to use a shovel to get female clients off the seat. Male clients are merely more obvious:)
The best reply to someone so obnoxious to suggest anything else is that you choose to be a professional, not a pro.

Hi,

Having said that, I doubt (rightly or wrongly) that your female clients were hoping that you would "service" them behind your nail desk !

This man was obviously asking a very specific question and this is not the first time we've heard that on here.

I personally would not have offered him another appointment and would cancel the one he's got at the moment.

If you are working on your own, the next time he might not ask but take what he wants.

I don't mean to scare you, but it really is something that you need to consider. That's why I don't offer massages anymore.

Perhaps you can only deal with female clients to make it a bit safer for you.

Marlise

Agh i feel like such a fool now he would have been happy just to walk out the door without making another appointment, I guess im desperate for clients... I know what you mean about safety i have heard some dodgey stories myself, I have about 4 male clients but they are great and perfect gentlemen. I feel safe with them. I will definately phone this guy and just cancel, he is just wasting my time.

If you girls are so damn hung up on men and the troubles that can sometimes come with them, don't do em.....it's that simple.
I don't like (feel uncomfortable) doing junkies/drug addicts (my salon is in the redlight and drug precinct), i know them by site & by sound (similar to a man calling), so i don't invite/entice, nor encourage them (sorry i'm booked out). I merely cut these clients out (including their potential money). Therefore i don't have to whinge about them.
I learned my mistakes very early in my career.
Most clients come with some kind of pricetag for you, they either take advantage, think they are more important than they are, moan & groan, burden you with their probs, blame you for nails flicking off. Sort out what you want to do/offer, then discard the rest.
This man did overstep the boundaries of course (and it may not be the first time it will happen), move on, learn from it and make future decisions because/based on this experience.
Not all men are the same, not all women are the same and not all junkies are the same, i merely choose to cut out what i can't be bothered dealing with.

I learned my mistakes very early in my career

Carl i agree,however some of us are still at the learning stage and so early on in your career these things may come as a shock,we may make mistakes,as long as we learn by them they are worth it . :smile:

Agh i feel like such a fool now he would have been happy just to walk out the door without making another appointment, I guess im desperate for clients... I know what you mean about safety i have heard some dodgey stories myself, I have about 4 male clients but they are great and perfect gentlemen. I feel safe with them. I will definately phone this guy and just cancel, he is just wasting my time.

Hun, you're not so desperate for clients that you need to put your own safety or the reputation of your business at risk. If I were in your shoes, I'd cancel his appointments, no second chances.

The vast majority of clients, male or female, are perfectly well behaved - don't let the odd bad apple spoil it for you, but do (as Nailzoo has said) learn from it :hug:

I dont mean to be rude but ... are you feel real????
You actually persuaded him to rebook after he'd asked you for extras!!!!
Im afraid if Id have been in that situation he'd have been out the door before he was even dressed .... hun, no-one is that desparate for clients!

no just naive
:lol:
Hunni, you need to wise up pretty fast then!

Im only joking with you here but on the serious side, you dont want a man like that as a client.
Part of me thinks he might not come back anyway, if 'extras' was all he really wanted but if I were in your shoes, Id cancel him anyway & not wait to find out.
He might actually think he can change your mind (shudder) ... nah get rid! :)

He might actually think he can change your mind (shudder) ... nah get rid! :)

In which case say, sure I do extras, but I'm not cheap, I want £2000 for the privelage :lol:

Just joking here you see :hug:

Marlise

This is my area i worked in a predominantly male health club for 17 years doing sometimes 7 massages a day on men and when i first started when they asked for extras i would just get embarrased and quietly go no i don't.I have had a few actually touch me, ive had it suggested on several occasions that i must get turned on,I have also had wrigglers groaners and purrers,been offered a lot of cash and had men leave deposits on the couch roll.So now im a lot more experienced and older i only do men i know or recommended to me by their wives or girlfriends i wouldn't take telephone bookings from men i didnt know.After a while where i worked we never took bookings via telephone if we hadnt seen them before and if they were just enquiring about massage we would always say it was straight.
Now if i was asked for extras i would put them in there place by very firmly saying are you asking me if i do sexual favours for money,do you think i am a prostitute.That will almost certainly shut them up and if they don't get the message then just tell them to get out.Idefinately wouldn't do him again i think its so insulting would they ask the hairdresser for sex.
We need to get massage and sex separated and local papers don't help with their advertising.If anyone advertises in the paper make sure it doesnt go in the personals.

[QUOTEwould they ask the hairdresser for sex.
][/QUOTE]

Only my other half :wink2: lol.

Good advise Gill :hug:

Latest posts

Back