Do certain songs make you cry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Odette, it's shocking isn't it.

I could have said a couple of worse ones actually, like Stay With Me by Shakespeares Sister, that's a tear jerker too. x:cry:
Actually, I quite like that one, got the album.:o
This woman work is another tear jerker.
Quick someone say something cheerfull or I'll be sobbing all day. Hubby will come home to a depressed wife with red puffy eyes on the sofa with a bottle of Rose and a big box of chocs.

Quick someone say something cheerfull or I'll be sobbing all day. Hubby will come home to a depressed wife with red puffy eyes on the sofa with a bottle of Rose and a big box of chocs.

I can't think of anything cheerful, that's bad, I must be too stressed!:eek: sorry, pass the choccies matey. x

Hi

Imsuch a softie but loads of songs bring tears to my eyes, especiallly
Puff Daddy- Every Step i Take it just does it for me x

jules x

I can't think of anything cheerful, that's bad, I must be too stressed!:eek: sorry, pass the choccies matey. x
Will French cocoa dusted truffles do ya? There's a few left at the bottom of the box.

A few do it for me,
1 Mariah Carey, cant remember the name but it goes like this, "Sorry I never told you, all i wanted to say, but now its too late to tell you, cause you've gone away. That one is for my Grandma.
2. Martina Macbride In My daughters eyes. If you have a daughter and love her madly as we all do, that song will make you bawl. Its gorgeous.

2. Martina Macbride In My daughters eyes. If you have a daughter and love her madly as we all do, that song will make you bawl. Its gorgeous.
Can't say I've ever heard that one, but it sounds good. Can you post the words?

Rachel Mary, is that the one where she goes on about wanting her to dance?

I know what you mean Sheryl, my hubby & kids all laugh at me when I start blubbering. Mind you, my daughter is just starting to get hormonal, she has a good weep sometimes too.
Meet Joe Black is a good film for a cry, the last half hour usually see's me through a pack of tissues.:o

huumpphh, husbands and kids ah? we need to have a good cry every now and then.
A lot of the songs that get me are the ones that are usually played with the sad parts in movies or tv, like the part in The Crow where....hang on there isn't just one part in there, the whole thing makes me blubber especially when you know that Brandon Lee actually died making that movie.

Believe it or not but the Last Post is also on my list of sad music/songs, my poppa passed away recently (26/12/06) and he was a returned soldier, I was doing really well holding it together until they played that. Thankfully my hubby isn't a completely heartless clown and just held my hand when I started to cry and didn't start his usual ribbing.

huumpphh, husbands and kids ah? we need to have a good cry every now and then.
A lot of the songs that get me are the ones that are usually played with the sad parts in movies or tv, like the part in The Crow where....hang on there isn't just one part in there, the whole thing makes me blubber especially when you know that Brandon Lee actually died making that movie.

Believe it or not but the Last Post is also on my list of sad music/songs, my poppa passed away recently (26/12/06) and he was a returned soldier, I was doing really well holding it together until they played that. Thankfully my hubby isn't a completely heartless clown and just held my hand when I started to cry and didn't start his usual ribbing.
Big :hug: s to you. Sometimes our men pull through for us don't they.
Hubby knows that if I've had a bad week and the blubbering starts, best thing is to give me a big hug and get a wet shoulder.:hug:

The ones that do it for me are

DJ Sammy - we#re in heaven, the slow one, I watched a tribute from a little girl to her daddy who she lost in the 9/11 disaster and it was so touching. I listened to it with tears streaming down my face. That song just breaks me up now, makes me thing of that little brave girl who told the world about her brave daddy.

Shania Twain - From This Moment - this was played mt my wedding, i was 34 weeks pregnant and very hormonal and I think the words are very apt.

I am sure there are more, that all i could think of today - tomrorrow there will be more lol.

Rachel xx

All songs that have any emotion in them make me cry, Im ridiculous when it comes to songs. Im listening to the radio sometimes and i'll burst out crying and hubby is standing there just shaking his head!!

I know they are a well cheasy band, but alot of Westlifes songs make me blubb, guess its the soppy lyrics!!

Judging by all the replies to this thread, I'm pleased to know that I'm not alone with my need to sob when a particular song comes on the radio.

Luther Vandross - Dance With My Father. That makes me cry, especially when I am in bed listening to the radio and the song comes on. It makes me miss my dad so much, a few years on and I can't believe he is no longer with me :cry:

When sorry seems to be the hardest word- Elton John

That get's my emotions going every time.

we went to a wedding last year, they had a live Jazz band and for the bride and grooms first dance they played Let there be Love (Nat King Cole) ....and they actually danced properly to it...not just swaying from left to right...they danced round the room like something from The King and I....it was beautiful and not a dry eye in the house...x

Ronan keaton

When tomorow never comes, not gona go into it as ill have a few tears evan writing about it xxx

Wires - by Athlete.

The words are just so sad. its about his baby.:cry:

Wires

You got wires going in
You got wires coming out of your skin
You got tears making tracks
I've got tears that are scared of the facts

Running down corridors, through automatic doors
Got to get to you, got to see this through
I see hope is here in a plastic box
I've seen Christmas lights reflect in your eyes

You got wires going in
You got wires coming out of your skin
There's dry blood on your wrist
Your dry blood on my fingertip

First night of your life, curled up on your own
Looking at you now you would never know

I see it in your eyes; I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright
I see it in your eyes; I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright
All right

I see hope is here in a plastic box
I've seen Christmas lights reflect in your eyes

First night of your life, curled up on your own
Looking at you now you would never know
Altogether now !!!

:cry: :hug:
The song that really gets me going is by Allan Jackson (where were you on that September day)

And also another one by Allan Jackson is( Remember when.)..(because this one reminds my Husband and I of us) because our two children are all grown up and that song is all about us!!

Sincerely
Janet
the nail fairy

Latest posts

Back