Do certain songs make you cry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Happily driving along in my car, a song comes onto the radio. By the time I reach my destination, I find myself sobbing uncontrollably for no particular reason at all! Two songs which turn on the water works for me are:-
  • Jesus to a Child - George Michael
  • The Show Must Go On - Freddy Mercury
Are you a bit softy like me ... which songs trigger your emotions?

Whitney Housten - I will always love you.

I love the song but my Mum told me she wants it played at her funeral for me, that was about 5 years ago and I haven't been able to listen to it since and yes Mum is still fine and finds it quite amusing that I have to run round the house trying to get away from it.

But on the whole a lot of songs have a lot of meanings to me, I listen to music all the time and have a wide range of music that I like. So yes when I listen to lyrics they always mean something to me at the time.

Wires - by Athlete.

The words are just so sad. its about his baby.:cry:

Wires

You got wires going in
You got wires coming out of your skin
You got tears making tracks
I've got tears that are scared of the facts

Running down corridors, through automatic doors
Got to get to you, got to see this through
I see hope is here in a plastic box
I've seen Christmas lights reflect in your eyes

You got wires going in
You got wires coming out of your skin
There's dry blood on your wrist
Your dry blood on my fingertip

First night of your life, curled up on your own
Looking at you now you would never know

I see it in your eyes; I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright
I see it in your eyes; I see it in your eyes
You'll be alright
All right

I see hope is here in a plastic box
I've seen Christmas lights reflect in your eyes

First night of your life, curled up on your own
Looking at you now you would never know

i always boo at songs !! i cant listen to "without you " by either nilson, or mariah coz thats was mums fave song and we played it at her funeral , so i always turn it off if i hear it
others are , valentine - by good charlotte , for the kids - blink 182, anything that is personal really , i am sooo soft :lol:

Oh I forgot....

Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing

Sarah McLachlan-Angel, It's on the soundtrack to the film City of Angels.
Another song on the same soundtrack that make me weepy is 'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls, but thats for a different reason. My hubby has always loved that song, and when we were on holiday we heard it in a restaraunt, he got a bit emotional and said I made him feel like this song. 1 hour later he proposed to me on the beach overlooking a sunset on St George's Bay in Malta.:cry: :green: :cry:

Films are more likely to set me off. I watched The Hours over Christmas. I started crying a few minutes into the film and carried on with a steady stream of snivelling all the way through.:o Hubby got quite worried and asked, should I really be watching this film. Men don't get it, that a good blubber does you the world of good.
Make sure that Nailzoo doesn't catch on to this thread or he'll start throwing out the drugs again.:lol:

still the one...by shania twain...cause people doubted me and rob he bought it for our 10th wedding anniversary...it makes me cry now...cause it did go wrong.
chasing cars...by snow patrol....cause it came out when we split up
hymn to her by chrissie hinds......reminds me of my mum

Lee has picked our wedding songs based on cry factor,pmsl.

Truly madly deeply by savage garden
Tonight by westlife

Lee has picked our wedding songs based on cry factor,pmsl.

Truly madly deeply by savage garden
Tonight by westlife

i lurrrrrrrve tuly madly deeply...love that song so much

Your defo not on your own, us women are all emotional

Got a few of them....

True Colours by Eva Cassady, this reminds me of someone very special to me.

Anything by Andrea Bocelli, he is sooooooo emotional.

Frank Sinartra- Come and Dance with me, I played this as we were going out of my Grandads cremation, he loved to dance with my nan and it was sort of his song to her as he was joining her in hevan.

Im getting a bit emotional now so taraaa xx

Sophie b Hawkins,as i lay me down to sleep.

This was played at my neices funeral,it breaks my heart,just tihnking of the pain my sil went through.

This Woman's Work by Kate Bush
Dance with My Father by Luther Vandross
Bedshaped by Keane

It doesn't take a lot to set me off but these always do:cry:

Never too far..Mariah Carey
Fields of gold...eva cassidy

I love Sarah McLachlans' voice, but one song of hers that gets me everytime is Full of Grace, I turn into a blubbering mess.
When I first met hubby we were watching The Highlander it came to the part where he has to bury his wife and they played Queen Who wants to live forever, I did my usually blubbering, silly thing to do cause now whenever there is something sad in a movie he starts singing whooooo waaaants tooo live forever? etc etc. I can't blubber now like I used too, it's got so bad even the kids have started sing it at sad movies.

I know what you mean Sheryl, my hubby & kids all laugh at me when I start blubbering. Mind you, my daughter is just starting to get hormonal, she has a good weep sometimes too.
Meet Joe Black is a good film for a cry, the last half hour usually see's me through a pack of tissues.:o

still the one...by shania twain...cause people doubted me and rob he bought it for our 10th wedding anniversary...it makes me cry now...cause it did go wrong.
chasing cars...by snow patrol....cause it came out when we split up
hymn to her by chrissie hinds......reminds me of my mum

These are also the same ones for me, Joanne.

Memories, good or bad, can come flooding back in seconds when a song is played.

A couple other sobby ones for me are the song, If You Leave by OMD taken from the Pretty in Pink movie, it makes me bawl like a baby.:o

Also the song about Paradise sung by Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka movie, again, it's embarrassing. :cry::cry:

Also the song about Paradise sung by Gene Wilder in the original Willy Wonka movie, again, it's embarrassing. :cry::cry:
Ooh, not sure I'd own up to that one, it's a bit like admitting you fancy Simon Cowell or something just as embarassing.:lol:

Ooh, not sure I'd own up to that one, it's a bit like admitting you fancy Simon Cowell or something just as embarassing.:lol:

I know Odette, it's shocking isn't it.

I could have said a couple of worse ones actually, like Stay With Me by Shakespeares Sister, that's a tear jerker too. x:cry:

This Woman's Work by Kate Bush

Bedshaped by Keane
wow, interesting choices, Kate does my head in....... and perfectly bed shaped ........ well, blows me away

AMAZED BY LONE STAR !

It was my wedding song and every time i hear it i go all wobbly :cry:

Latest posts

Back