Do I bling my shoes or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baggybear

Reaction score
Hey there follow geeks.

I am attending a wedding Sat 3rd Sept . I'll be wearing this dress
Corsagedresspink.jpg

Corsagedresspinkback.jpg

(the same details as this black & white one but all in pinky red colours)
Corsagedressbw.jpg

I have decided to do myself a clear crystal pedicure with Minxlusion on the 4 small toes and have been looking for shoes to go with my dress that would show off the crystal pedicure but after walking my feet off yesterday checking out all the shoe shops local to me I couldn't find the shoes I was imagining (silver kitten heel & strappy).

I decided I'd have to settle so found a pair of white Wallis Spider shoes. I've found a photo to show you what they look like now and get you opinions.

Spidershoes.jpg

Should I leave them as they are with my crystal pedicure being the bling
OR
Try to put a line of crystals down the middle of the centre strap and out along the 4 straps or would they look too blingy and take the attention away from my crystal pedicure?

IMO that would look too blingy, either have sparkly shoes, or sparkly toe nails.

If you do the crystal pedicure on yourself, you may gain some more clients from the wedding who like the pedicure.

It's totally up to you though! Ive done some home made blingy shoes myself and they look wikid! I love them. <3

xx

I would definately put a line of crystals down the centre strap!!

Jacqui xx

I saw a woman yesterday, had been to the races, and she had Minx toe nails, and plain sandals. Then I looked at the other ladies who had polished toe nails. My word the Minx ones stood out as bling in their own right in comparison. Don't bother blinging the sandals IMO, she looked immaculate because of the nails. x Have a lovely time which ever you decide.

Dress is SO beautiful!
Don't think you need to bling, but, if you do, remember that the straps will be flexing as you move so make sure they don't ping off.
Have a lovely time!

Bling! They are quite plain and you want to draw attention to your feet, not so much to distract or clash with your nails tho :)

I'm thinking I will do my toes next weekend and then try the shoes and dress on to see how they look.

The straps are wide enough to put 2 rows down but I was thinking of just doing 1 row down the centre using ss6 or ss7 so they wouln't be too big or too noticable but enough to catch peoples eye.

If I was to stick swarovski crystals on the straps what glue would you recommend?
I'm gonna have to buy the glue this week incase I do decide to bling them up.

I would bling but just subtly down the centre strap.
Rhiannon x

There's an adhesive that is especially for sticking rhinestones onto fabrics. Its called gemtac I used it on mine and it worked brilliantly! :)

bling, or get silver shoes!

I like the idea of a row of bling down just the center strap.
I use Pro Impressions nail glue and even use this for sticking things around the house lol. I recently stuck some flower gems to the edges of some shelves in my bedroom and it worked a treat.
I LOVE the dress. Have a lovely time at the wedding-and hopefully get some new clients.
x

Was having chuckle at the pro impressions glue suggestion, it will definitely stick the gems as I glued both my thumbs to my daughters finger yesterday when appyling tips :)

I would put the bling down the centre line of the heal, so there is bling from behind and then the bling of your nails from the front and the heal doesn't flex so less likely to loose them :hug:

I use an adhesive called E6000 it is flexible and bonds gems to any surface every-time:)

Thank you to all those who have replied so far and thanks for saying the dress is nice (it was from Littlewoods cataloge).

I was playing about this morning and I decided to try my big toe in red crystals with a silver french tip with my red lightning wraps I already have on and I LOVE it so will be going with that instead of silver toes.

I took a photo of the 1 foot for you all to see and let me know if you still think I should bling the shoes or does the red do enough to catch the eye. (I dont think I have quite enough red crystals to do the other toe yet lol - waiting for a scatter crystals delivery).

IMAG0220.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0215-1.jpg

I would do a line of silver crystals down the middle of the center strap and a line of red crystals either side-mini crystals so they fit on.
x

I would do a line of silver crystals down the middle of the center strap and a line of red crystals either side-mini crystals so they fit on.
x

I have no plans of putting red crystals on the shoes as I would then only be able to wear them with red (which I don't do very often), I was considering the silver crystals as they would go with any colour clothing I choose.

They look fab!! I think bling on the central strap will draw your eyes towards your toes - perfect make sure you take your business cards can see you getting loads of business with those to show off love it!x

Dress is lovely,i would put line down center of T-Bar strap,and full bling on kitten heel,yoe nails look fab,i agree take some bussines cards,have a lovely day.

I agree with others, I'd put a line of crystals down the centre strap. It will draw attention to your feet - which look fab! Oh, and I love the dress too.

Latest posts

Back