do you believe in mediums -psychics??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well watch living tv...next tues at 10....its called phychic investigaters...its VERY very eye opening....i think that with the card readings...some people can actually do it ...some pretend to just to get money....like i say sometimes i get this gut feeling what people will say or what they feel,i have had a feeling about a car accident and it DID happen....:eek:xxxx

How about the non-believers proving to the believers that there is no such thing as paranormal activity.

You can't prove it doesn't exist by any other means than by testing to see if it does!

This is what some parapsychologists do with their lives.

Check this out:
James Randi Educational Foundation

Any psyhic can take this test and give the money to charity.

Why? Well.... there HAS been concrete evidence of the 3rd eye's existence.
please can you direct me towards this empirical evidence please :hug:

You can't prove it doesn't exist by any other means than by testing to see if it does!

So if for example, there were regular sightings of a so called ghost, seen by various people, all unknown to each other and unaware of the others sightings. How would you prove that what they thought they saw, didn't exist?

I believe yes...

I have seen only a few but 2 have been spot on...

One of them didn't really tell me much other than stuff that had already happened...but she said stuff that there is NO WAY she could have known or would have said unless she was certain...lots of other stuff too...all without any prompt or words from me...

Another was more about my future....in fact all about my future...so at the time it was all gobbledy gook to me...but lo and be-hold...it has all come true over the years...

On saying that...there are lots of fakes and chancers out there....
The reason I believed 2 were genuine is mainly because they both asked me not to nod, speak, agree, disagree.... not to give them any clues whatsoever...

I did often wonder about them helping the police etc...and indeed they do...but it is all hush hush for the genuine ones...they don't advertise the fact and the police don't generally advertise it either...for obvious reasons... ( I know this as a fact first hand )

please can you direct me towards this empirical evidence please :hug:

My own PERSONAL experience, and that of those I know, for one thing. And the experiences of others, all around the world, that have been recorded.
I won't get into enumerating the "incidences" or "coincidences" or "gut instinct", or however you'd like to call it.
But suffice it to say, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all the times I "knew" before it was possible to know with regards to events in my own life and those around me.

And I'll bet that if you paid really close attention, you'd see it happen to you.:hug:

PS: if you REALLY do want a list, them pm me.

My own PERSONAL experience, and that of those I know, for one thing. And the experiences of others, all around the world, that have been recorded.
I won't get into enumerating the "incidences" or "coincidences" or "gut instinct", or however you'd like to call it.
But suffice it to say, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all the times I "knew" before it was possible to know with regards to events in my own life and those around me.

And I'll bet that if you paid really close attention, you'd see it happen to you.:hug:

PS: if you REALLY do want a list, them pm me.

Thanks for explaining if they are personal to you a ist will not be necessary :hug:

So you're saying a psychic cannot predict anything for self gain? then why do they charge a fee? :lol:

If I was psychic I would do it as a public service and there would be no more unsolved crimes or future crimes.

I am afraid after doing a pscyhology degree and studying parapsychology I am convinced there is no such thing as precognition or clairvoyance.

This area is surely cloudy like the "do you believe in God" type discussion. No middle ground can ever be found between belivers and non-believers :)

My MIL is a psychic medium & healer & so is her husband (My step FIL).
They go all over the country at their own expense and visit other spiritulalist churches & venues to offer their services FOR FREE. My MIL also does do readings for people FOR FREE, she does not advertise herself, but will do it if asked. The only thing she may ask for would be a donation to the Spiritualist Church, if the person so wishes & that's as much or as little or nothing.

I personally am a believer.........I do not go to anything and I do not ask for anything & nothing has happened to me, but I still believe.

I totally get where you're coming from with the Derren Brown stuff. He's amazing. Most of us know that he was doing a cold reading. I know the man's a magician but can you explain how for example with the first lady, he got her grandmother's name (Lucy) right ? Is it mind reading? Did he get his researchers to find out beforehand?

The reason I ask is that in general, a 'psychic' giving a cold reading doesn't give names. The whole point of a cold reading is that it can apply to anyone.

It frightens the life out of me :eek: My husband had a recorded reading,and i had to listen to it with loads of other people,clinging to him for dear life,all the lights on etc etc :rolleyes:

What frightened me even more was how accurate she was,however i still class myself as a non beleiver,it's easier for me that way :rolleyes: x

Great thread! :green:

I'm actually a bit divided. I really do believe in some, and I really don't believe in others. Then sometimes I don't believe in anyone at all!

A lady I know is a reasonably big name in the psychic world, and got through the early stages of Britain's Got Talent, and I slightly believed in her for a bit. But then really stopped believing in her when she would preach all the moral values behind spiritualism (which are all very worthy and I agree with them wholeheartedly) and she is one of the most awful human beings I know....a real evil streak and immensely vengeful. I had to stop communicating with her in the end because she was that draining....very very negative (but really couldn't see it in herself and thought everyone else was negative!).

And then there's darling Stephen Fry (who I think is a demi-god, seriously if he told me to set myself on fire, I think I would) who said something along the lines of "No I don't believe in it (psychic ability). All these people who say 'Ooh I was just thinking of Auntie Betty and how I hadn't spoken to her for ages and then she rang!' My mind is always working and I must think of around 200 people a day, so if it never happened that one of them rang when I was thinking about them then I'd find that strange." Although obviously he would have worded that much better than me....

Lastly, has anyone actually looked at the site Weezie mentioned on page 2 of this thread? Go there, it is bloody hilarious..... What I'm finding particularly funny is the man who thinks eggs can "sense his intentions" and one egg will know when he is about to harm its "cohort egg"....oh my word, it's made my day.... GERALD EPLING - Shimmering Leaf Inventor - JREF Forum

Oh bliss....this one's even better..... ROSEMARY HUNTER - Paranormal Urination - JREF Forum

Ooh and this one has yet to be proved....it's scheduled for Nov 12th....we'll all have to check back then to see if good old Rosie succeeds!

"Here is the protocol outline:

After your arrival and introductions at the JREF, you and Jeff Wagg will enter a room privately where you will have fifteen minutes to make him urinate through paranormal means."

I'm at work and just spat tea over my keyboard at the egg, then saw the words "paranormal urination" and had to make an excuse to leave the room!

I dont believe that anyone can predict the future because it has not happened yet.

I do believe that there are a VERY FEW people who can communicate with the dead.

I dont believe that there are as many as there claim to be. I think that most of them are just very good at reading people and its all a big con to make money out of vulnerable people.

:hug:

I dont believe that anyone can predict the future because it has not happened yet.

I do believe that there are a VERY FEW people who can communicate with the dead.

I dont believe that there are as many as there claim to be. I think that most of them are just very good at reading people and its all a big con to make money out of vulnerable people.

:hug:

The future can be predicted because of the dead!

I was told I would have blonde Twins before I was ever pregnant. I then gave birth to a Daughter (dark haired) and so there I was, doubting the psychic... but I have since had Blonde Twins.

I have found great comfort in a Psychic Medium, and we all have it in us if we try.

We are all at risk of Psychic Vampires (sounds more sinister than it is) with negative nail clients too!!

You can be a non believer all you like, but spirit is there and ready to help you whenever you seek it. Nothing to be afraid of.

I know the man's a magician but can you explain how for example with the first lady, he got her grandmother's name (Lucy) right ? Is it mind reading? Did he get his researchers to find out beforehand?

The reason I ask is that in general, a 'psychic' giving a cold reading doesn't give names. The whole point of a cold reading is that it can apply to anyone.

BROW QUEEN-He says `Lilly, Lucy' or the other way around. Apparently in that part of the US it was a very common name for people who would have been her grandmothers age. If he had not been so lucky he would have her say the name of her grandmother and asked if her grandmother knew someone with the name lucy or lilly, then he would probably have been right with this second question. He has dedicated a large part of his life to hot and cold reading so is pretty amazing at it. I reccommend his book Tricks of the Mind as he explains much of his work in there it is truely fasinating.

He states he cannot mind read but he can read "body cues" minute twitches and signals that he has developed an almost superhuman ability to detect.

AMY-Just read what you commented on...so bizarre isn't it!

. I reccommend his book Tricks of the Mind as he explains much of his work in there it is truely fasinating.

Just read what you commented on Amy...so bizarre isn't it!

I'm deffo gonna get that book Weezie..........sounds great.

By the way, what did I comment to Amy? On here or in a PM?
xxx

I'm deffo gonna get that book Weezie..........sounds great.

By the way, what did I comment to Amy? On here or in a PM?
xxx

Sorry, that was not meant to be said to you but to Amy. I meant that bit to Amy as a second comment seperate from what I said to you!!!

As in I was saying to Amy that I liked her comments on what that website said about the people trying to prove they had strange abilitys. I see how that could have been read as if I was still talking to you! sorry for the confusion x:hug: I've edited now so it's clearer.

I was a believer when I was younger - was into all that and we were addicted to the ouji board and that worked. And around that time a few strange things happened to us. Bit cheezy but freaky too!!!

BUT there is a scientific reason for everything that happens in life.

My guess on the ouji is that it was our teen bodies changing to become adults and we gave alot of energy - that is why it was so powerful - we are after all, made up of energy.

But psychics have just never 'got me' or Im difficult to read and EVERYTHING they said was too general and not specific enough. Like your going to get married - your going to have a child.

But I will say that they are better at counciling the berieved than a professional counciller.

Who else could say to someone that 'he's sorry that he didint say goodbye to you but he didnt suffer any pain but hes looking over you and loves you very much'

For me there is no better closure for someone who has lost someone close.

Latest posts

Back