Do you ever feel old???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
Today I have been thinking about my birthday,which is very soon.

I'm going to be 40 and I am scared.I know it's just a number but should I rush out and buy some rollers,head sarf and a crimplene dress?........

Only kidding,Hilda Ogden I am not.But should I be acting differently,once I hit the big 40.

I want to do something extra special for my 40th but what??Have been wracking my brains all year and still have come up with nothing.Any ideas geeks???

Or do you think time for me to keep my slippers warmed by the fire :eek: ?

Is age just a number???:cry:

I am forty next year - hopefully in New York.

I am forty next year - hopefully in New York.
Sounds smashing,we are buying a house next year so cant really do anything that exciting:cry:

Don't feel old, enjoy the self confidence that experience has given you, and then..............................................................................................
go out, get blind drunk, sing really loud, and generally behave like your 18!!!:lol:

for my 40th - i went out dressed as a school kid, there was 8 of us and we had a blast, tho i dont remember much after the first 2 hours lol.

like my quote says: im growing older, but NOT UP

old !!!!!!:irked: nope never !

Always thinking i should 'grow up'

The day i'll believe im old is when i stop being a party animal:green:

Age is definatly a number!!! I seem to be getting older every year, but I still feel the same inside untill I look in the mirror and... well we wont talk about that, lol
You should def celebrate in style as the saying goes life begins, I have one client who is 75 and from the age of 70 each year she has had a different part of her body pierced, now ladies I will let your imagination go, (and really let it go)..this is the truth I swear I could not believe it she seemed such a quiet lady..... and yes it is where your thinking she said its great so go do something radical and enjoy yourself!!!!

Hey, you are same ages as me! I dont feel nor look old at all! I love being the age I am as I think that we definitely know what we want to do - and we just go for it!

Dont feel old!:hug:

Why dont you do something that your going to remember, i know some people make a list of things they want to do before they're 40 and do it like fly in a balloon etc. I personally would love to swim with dophins. obivously it depends on money.

Age isnt anything to worry about anyway, its the age of your personality that counts in my opinion. I'm 25 and act about 19!

You'll be fine, and when your birthday arrives u'll be thinking "what the hell was i worrying about"! its only another day :hug:xx

Ignore your 'official' age and just be you. Dont start acting the way that society says that you should.
There are so many other things to worry or get depressed about, theres nothign we can do to stop the years go by so we might as well do what we can to get the most out of them.i find that wiht every official year i get olde I behave younger
After a certain age I feel that having a great time on ones birthday isnt exactly to celebrate but more to get compensation!Plus an excuse to have a day where you can be spoiled. Happy birthday!

Today I have been thinking about my birthday,which is very soon.

I'm going to be 40 and I am scared.I know it's just a number but should I rush out and buy some rollers,head sarf and a crimplene dress?........

Only kidding,Hilda Ogden I am not.But should I be acting differently,once I hit the big 40.

I want to do something extra special for my 40th but what??Have been wracking my brains all year and still have come up with nothing.Any ideas geeks???

Or do you think time for me to keep my slippers warmed by the fire :eek: ?

Is age just a number???:cry:

Behave, act and be whatever you want to be. Age means nothing just enjoy every minute!

40 isn't old anyway! My nans 64 and is walking 8 miles accross Northamtonshire today, I'm 19 and I could never do that!

I am happy being 46, the kids are older and less dependent, so more time to do stuff I want, the only thing I dont like is the fact that although I feel young inside, the mirror tells a different story as everything begins to head south:rolleyes:

Fourty seems pretty young to me, so have a good time whatever you choose to do.

Age is just a number and anyway people are getting younger..... IMO turning 50 now is more like turning 40 a few years ago, 40 is the new 30 etc.!!! My mum is nearly 61 - she wears really nice up to date clothes, can send texts in txt speak! and her and my dad are off to Peru next week walking part of the Inca Trail and staying in a jungle lodge in the rainforest!!!

Age is a mindset, my nana has always acted and dressed 'old' if you know what I mean whereas my mum has no intention of being old any time soon!!

I'm 36, I had no problem turning 30 and have no issues approaching 40 either...... Enjoy your birthday btw!

Babsan I love your posts!

Im on a bit of a downer at the moment about age! so this cheered me up! Had to have my photo taken for Driving license and I look old and just like my mum!!!

I agree, age is just a number and you are as only young as you feel! I guess it's just one of those things age catches up with us all!

K x

I'll be 30 next year and I'm totally dreading it ! I just feel its all downhill from here .... No longer can I say I'm 20 something ...

I don't feel old, but heck, I just can't do the things I used to do. I can't dress in a certain way anymore as I would be classed as "mutton dressed as lamb".

Age should just be a number, but unfortunately society expects us to behave, dress etc. in a certain manner when you reach certain ages.

I find myself looking at younger women and hating them. :eek: As someone previously said, I still feel 18, but then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I certainly aint that anymore !

Marlise

Hi there

I'm 45.5 at the moment, and it is horrible how time flies by! To be honest I thought my 30's were best but now i'm "middle-aged"! I think my 40's are great. My mum once told me that life begins at 50 (perhaps it's because your kids don't need you all the time then).

As the others said it's just a number, although once you turn 40 things to start to change physically! I still feel 18 and sometimes act it lol although I wouldn't want to be 18 (apart from the body of course lol). I think as you get older you are so much wiser, and your attitude to things are so much better I think.

Don't get hung up about your age enjoy life while you still can.

Deb379

When I was 20 I thought people in their 30's were old/ancient, but as a 34 yr old I have been told I look 27/28 which I am happy with.

I only feel really old around teenagers because I dont get their banter.

I have a 22 yr old neice who loves coming out with me & my friends cos we are the stupid ones.

i dont feel old i just can t believe i 28 i m ashamed to tell my age people don t trust me
they think i m in my early 20's while i m at the end
and when i told them my age i get the questions coming are you married do you have kids do you have your appartment
and i have none of that
so it makes me feel uncomfortable
i travel a lot
and i ve enjoyed this for a few years livin experiences
and i m picky maybe too much so i havent been able to find mr right
i feel like time is running away from me sometimes

Thankyou everyone,you all made me feel better.Love some of your ideas.

Think I may have a 60's themed party.:hug: :hug:

i think you are as old as you feel and in you are 30, 40, or 50 yet still go out parting and having fun there is nothing wrong with that .... ya maybe 40 but young at heart is truely what you are and there is no shame what so ever in that girls :) xx

Latest posts

Back