Doing your own spray tan success!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell-Perfect10

Reaction score
Girls just thought I'd share something I discovered last night!

I am a make up artist but do mobile spray tans on a Thursday and Friday evening and I'm always wanting to have a tan as I think it looks better when going to clients houses rather than turning up dead pale to tan them!
Anyway I usually get my friend to do my spray tan but last night I had to do my own and i cant spray myself no matter now hard i try! So I poured some Sienna x solution in to an old Laurens way moose bottle that I kept and the solution came out as moose which made it so much easier to apply with my mitt and this morning I showered as usual and it's a gorgeous colour.

Sorry if this is old news haha! Was just delighted that now I can easily have a tan all the time so thought I would share!

So happy i can now have a colour that i use so can show clients an example of the colour theyll get xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Omg what a good idea! Did you use a mitt to apply it? Xx

Omg that is amazing! 100% I'm going to do that tomorrow! :D thanks!

So, you put normal liquid solution into a mousse bottle and it came out as mousse? That is genius :D

I normally get my husband to tan me but - to be honest - he's not very good. Gonna try your idea... thanks for sharing!

Wow defo going to try this. I go on holiday on Thursday and getting a tan before I go going to put some solution in a mousse bottle to take with me just incase!! This is why I love this site!! Thanks :D x

Hey,

Take it that it has to be a Lauren's Way moose bottle? I've a few normal moose tins but they are all aerosols. I've never seen the LW products. Am intrigued as to how the bottles work.

Well I don't know why it would specifically need to be laurens way bottle, it's just what I had lying around and I rinsed it out and just poured a small amount of sienna x in the bottom gave it a good shake and it that was it came out as moose and I blended in with a mitt, would def recommend doing it with a mitt, because of the colour guide you see exactly where you are putting it and I just washed it of the next day as normal. So happy with it I had to share haha!

Let me know how you get on girls xxxx

Well I don't know why it would specifically need to be laurens way bottle, it's just what I had lying around and I rinsed it out and just poured a small amount of sienna x in the bottom gave it a good shake and it that was it came out as moose and I blended in with a mitt, would def recommend doing it with a mitt, because of the colour guide you see exactly where you are putting it and I just washed it of the next day as normal. So happy with it I had to share haha!

Let me know how you get on girls xxxx

How clever lol. I go away in 2 weeks and was considering taking my spray tan kit with me as I will be in and out of the pool with the kids. Now I can just do this :) will give it a go this weekend x

Hey,

Take it that it has to be a Lauren's Way moose bottle? I've a few normal moose tins but they are all aerosols. I've never seen the LW products. Am intrigued as to how the bottles work.

I agree, all the mousse bottles I have are aerosol and not refillable? Must get a Laurens Way one lol Great idea btw, thanks for sharing x

What a good idea, does this mean I no longer have to get into back breaking positions to spray myself....? Yaaay.

Where to get a refillable mousse bottle is now the question, I don't really want to buy even more tanning products while I am desperately trying to finish off the last lot before they go out of date.:D

Omg that's such a fab idea thanks for sharing!! X

What a good idea, does this mean I no longer have to get into back breaking positions to spray myself....? Yaaay.

Where to get a refillable mousse bottle is now the question, I don't really want to buy even more tanning products while I am desperately trying to finish off the last lot before they go out of date.:D

Fab idea OP :)

How about buying a cheap one from the shops st moriz or something and emptying the contents and filling with solution? (not sure if the lids even come off those ones but might be worth a look) xxx

Last edited:
Ok so I just popped into my local 'Savers' store all in the name of research ! I found a large 200ml mousse of st moriz for £2.99 and a tanning mitt for £1.99 and I checked.... The mousse is refillable! Perfect option for anyone that needs a mousse bottle, pour out the st moriz solution, wash and refill with your brand of spray tan solution :D xxx

Ok so I just popped into my local 'Savers' store all in the name of research ! I found a large 200ml mousse of st moriz for £2.99 and a tanning mitt for £1.99 and I checked.... The mousse is refillable! Perfect option for anyone that needs a mousse bottle, pour out the st moriz solution, wash and refill with your brand of spray tan solution :D xxx

Thanks for confirming, think I might need to have a wee fiddle with my St Moriz bottle soon then!

I threw away my bottles, I could actually cry. I just ran a bath :(

Thank you glamour eyes!!!!:D

I bought a loreal one at the weekend and that's a mouse that isn't a aresol? Maybe that will work?

X

I used a old spray bottle and put my solution in there.....bit worried how im going to look in the morning...

The Laurens way one isn't aresol just a little pump the lid was a bit stiff to get off but came off fine!

No problem for sharing! Such a great way for us all to stay tanned .... I feel very jealous spraying everyone else and being pale but no excuses anymore!! Xxxx

This is a great thread and just what this site is all about. I am going to try this myself.

There is a children's liquid soap, can't remember the name, but it comes out as a mousse maybe that would work?

Latest posts

Back