Dreams and hopes for 2009

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Pan

Too sexy to be old geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
so ive got mine all down - going to college to get teachers cert, ive wanted toi teach for a long time now - then do more education (with nails) so i can pass it on to my future students

what i want to know is what are your hopes and dreams for next year

:hug:

well.....mine are i need a job!! lol........ plus i am doing my gel course at the end on january.....and i really want to get to the bottom of the few probs that i have been having lately with L+ P. Plus i want to learn to sculpt properly....ermmmmm.....loads of stuff really.....mainly to do with nails though hahaha!!

I just want to look back at the end of next year and actually feel like I have acheived something,
I would love to find the confidence to do what I need to do.....
(if it even is confidence )

Thats all I want to do for myself in 2009 anything else I acheive is just a bonus

so ive got mine all down - going to college to get teachers cert, ive wanted toi teach for a long time now - then do more education (with nails) so i can pass it on to my future students

what i want to know is what are your hopes and dreams for next year

:hug:

Exactly what I am doing in January G but not on the nails side. Good luck, I am nervous already.

In 2009 i hope for the recession to ease and for people to have job security once again. I hope my baby is healthy and the four of us are just happy together

Oh and i hope to be a size 10 by the summer :D

I'd like to do a better job balancing the divisions of my company. Sometimes orders from two or more divisions pile up and it can be stressful; so getting ahead with stock is one plan. Another is just being consistent with new projects as well as really investing time on a regular basis with Quickbooks Pro. I hate that program because it's more time consuming and somewhat frustrating (in comparision to Excel) but I'm determined to learn the program in 2009.

Cat

In 2009 i hope for the recession to ease and for people to have job security once again.

Oh and i hope to be a size 10 by the summer :D

Me too!!!:lol:

Just for everyone in my life to be happy and healthy, including little ol' me!:green:

Anything else will be a bonus.

Dreams and hopes for 2009?
OMG, there are so many:eek:

Ok, on a business front:
  • Get my L&P course
  • Get a better table
  • Get a better e-file
  • Get a new UV lamp
On a Personal front:
  • Quit smoking
  • Find more 'quality' time to spend with kids now that they are often at school, move more clients to days and do less nights.
  • Find more 'quality' time for hubby
  • Take up dancing classes again just for fun and for the exercise (it's been over 20yrs EEKS:eek:)
  • Try to accept what 'is' and stop mourning for what 'never was'
  • Get to know my newly found 1/2 sister & bro better
Lots to accomplish this year..... we'll see how it goes :green:

PS: find more hours in the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Industry wise in 2009 I plan too...

• Finish my hair course and enrol on another in September, its been a fab introduction and I really am keen to carry on and take it further.
  • Do some nail skill building classes I have been qualified for just over a year now and I want to step it up a few notches!
and in my personal life I have 2 major goals...

• Get debt free - I feel my money situation has been holding me back for too long and I have a plan that if I can stick too will see me debt free (apart from house of course) at the end of 2009
  • Get fit I started and did well in the summer the come September when college started and the nights got colder and darker I slacked off! 2009 I won't be!
Happy new year to everyone I hope you all achieve your goals

xx

I am pleased with how things have started in 2008 with my training, so in 2009 I want to become more focused with the training.

I have written 12 courses in the last 6 months, so plan to write another 6.
I have also got my eye on 3 more courses for me to attend which will enhance my treatment menu and eventually my training side too. One of the courses I plan to write is advanced massage techniques, so 2 of the courses will flavour that course.

I also want to get a license to produce and sell products that will complement the training side and am looking into that.

I also want to start saving money rather than ploughing everything back into the business as I need to replace my car in the next 12 months and would like to have at least half of the money towards it.

also to treat myself more, I used to have one treatment a month either beauty or holistics, but that peetered out, so I want to start that again.

I'm also going to cut one day off my rota so instead of being available 6 days a week, I want to cut it down to 4 one week and 5 the following week.

Personally, I want to own more radley bags! LOL! And go abroad for a week's holiday with my family and have a long weekend with my 2 sisters and cousin.

Keywords for 2009: focus; save; treat; l'oreal (cos I'm worth it!)

• For my mum to continue to be in remission.
  • For all my family and friends to be healthy and happy.
  • The recession to be finished and a brighter future for everyone.
  • To continue with my education with nails and beauty.
  • To find a job now that I am finally getting my own health back.
  • To loose weight and get some relief from back pain.
anne xx

• Find the ultimate gel and nail enhancement class.
  • Keep my work area clean and organized. I know where everything is, it’s all over.
  • Get back to the gym, make weekly acupuncture/ acupressure appointments.
  • Get my online business, online.
  • Let go of the past. Live, for today.
  • Realize that not everyone is honest. It is what it is.
  • Get my rhinoplasty, should be first on the list.
  • Learn Spanish.

OMG where do i start LOL

On the business side i hope that i can really launch a sucessful mobile nail business and have a nice full appointment book!!!

On a personal side i hope that me and my hubby can adopt our second child and then my family will be complete:green:

Not much really:green:

To quit smoking for good (have been trying since june):eek:
For everyone in my life to be well and happy
Have a nice holiday
be able to relax more

To cope better with my illness

To be more positive and less negative

Well I've decided 2009 is gonna be my year!

I am booked in with a Cambridge Diet councillor on 6th Jan, the start of the new me!

I am expanding my business and possibly starting another, so thats exciting!

I will not only convert completely to CND but also achieve my masters.

I am competing for the first time at Scottish Beauty.

I will finish my house, buy a new car and a new wardrobe!

emmm.....thinks thats it, for now! lol

Can't wait :eek:

On a business front, i'd like to complete my masters, and of course gain a few clients here and there ;)

Personally, I'm determined to build a car :lol: And take a weeks holiday at some point, instead of working solid for the year.

• be happy and settled in our new home
  • get back into nails, even if it's part time
  • do more courses to build confidence and skills
  • be debt free
  • get fit and drop a dress size (fat chance)
  • get my carpal tunnel sorted so i can have a good nights sleep
that will do for now, prob add more later, lol:)

drop another dress size.[done one this year]

get some proper help with my joint problems.

update my web and blog more regularly.

be more efficient with paperwork.

install a vacuum system in my studio to remove filing dust.

work more efficiently so i can cut my hours but not my wages.

go to nail show in las vegas and meet up with some more usa techs.

travel again in my role as educator for lechat.[ i'm teaching in spain in january]

WOW what a good thread, i've seen loads of others goals that I want too but here are just a few
  • Finally get on with my conversion to EzFlow (been talking about it for months and getting nowhere)
  • Have a good look at my mobile business and try to improve in all areas
  • Invest in a new car (hopefully)
  • Get a new job (outside of doing nails)
  • Try to attend the gym more and be a healthier person
  • Finally deal with issues with a family member once and for all.
xxx

Latest posts

Back