ear candles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scientists don't know everything.

Doctors don't know everything.

Professionals in any capacity...don't know everything....

NOBODY has all the answers....

I do.I know everything or at least i think i do ...thats what my husband says anyway.

SEE, you used the word "could" , I am confident enough in all the services I offer in my salon to use the word "will", I thinks thats what separates the people/products that "can" and the people/products that "will try".

I have confidence in my products and my services, that they "will" do what they/I purport to do.

I have read in one of my acupuncture books that acupuncture only works on 75% of people that try it. Therefore, in acupuncture, you do not say it WILL cure anything incase you are in the 25%.

I recently went to my highly qualified GP for some help with my acne. We discussed 4 options. He gave me my prescription and asked me to TRY it for 6 weeks and if it didn't WORK to come back and we could try something else off the list.

I didn't think any less of him for not stating that it WOULD work.

Life is about if's....maybe's....and we all dont have answers for all questions....i want this thread to stay open because i want to hear the benefits of it....how it works....??????....why is it that every thread on this has to be closed....cant we TALK about it like ADULTS ...for godness sake....PLEASE.:green:

just as a clarification point..and no matter on what product subject matter we in the UK as in many countries ,are not allowed to make claims of "will" as this would be against trading standards guidelines...that is the only reason this term is used:hug:

I do.I know everything or at least i think i do ...thats what my husband says anyway.

LOL...same here!!!! :lol:
I'm not one to brag though...:lol:

If it works for you...and you are happy...who really gives a damn whether some scientist or whatever has proven/disproven it!!!!!!
I think the only people we can rely on for proof is the clients who receive the treatments....

As for terminology...WILL..COULD.... blah blah...

When I attended my training, I was never taught that it removed ear wax. I was taught that it could help with headaches, hayfever, sinus problems, tinitus. Now, whether scientificaly it does or dosent, people do get relief from it, so how can that be bad? I dont believe that it removes wax, but any positive benefit achieved with any treatment is a treatment worth having in my book:hug:

This or course is just an opinion from my experience with this treatment, (having and doing):)

I totally agree with this comment and I think some people, who will reamin nameless and who seem to have a bee up their b*tt about these things, should remember that we are all entitled to our own opinions even if they are not the same as their own.

I don't think there are many treatments that will work for everyone.

When I did IPL a woman wanted a guarantee that it was going to work for her - which like anything you cannot give. It works but NOT for everyone.

I also think there are loads of sites on the net that tear down treatments - I read on a site that soya was bad for you and the whole site was pretty much dedicated around this.

Some people say colour therapy doesn't work - but I would say it did.

Who is right?. You sell what you believe in.

xxx

Well if anyone ever wants to experiment on me and lives in the Greater Manchester area feel free. I suffer the worst hayfever ever so if it made a difference it would be an interesting point to add to the debate.
Never had one, never seen one but heard a lot of cons and not many pros so feel free to make me a guinea pig for you.
And I WOULD tell the truth.
Can you get one that works for PMT? I'd really appreciate that:)
I'm not joking....

My left ear is feels constantly blocked deep inside. Thankfully I dont have any ringing etc. I have always wanted to try Ear Candles, and I think I might give it a go.

I think that any treatment that relaxes a client is a good one!

glad that you are thinking of trying it out, remember its a maintenance treatment rather than have one and thats it. You will hopefully notice an improvement straight away. Come back on and tell us how you got on.

:green:

What do you normally charge per session?

What do you normally charge per session?

Actually that is something I would be intrested to know and how this compares to other treatments out there.

I know the average charge for say a spraytan ,hair cut or nail treatment etc but what would the average charge be for a full ear (both) treatment be and how long does it take ?

sorry Debs,
didn't know you'd posted again!

I charge £18 for 30 minute maintenance treatment and £26.50 for treatment to include a facial massage.

Most people go for the hour as they enjoy the benefits of the massage (so double whammy). the facial massage has a lot of its own benefits to run alongside it, eg helps lymphatic drainage, relieves sinus pressure, helps with headaches, etc.

I also use a blend of essential oils in a roller ball which I apply to the sinus areas.
I also have some jade rollers which I got from America, I use those at the end and they are divine.

Actually that is something I would be intrested to know and how this compares to other treatments out there.

I know the average charge for say a spraytan ,hair cut or nail treatment etc but what would the average charge be for a full ear (both) treatment be and how long does it take ?

Hey collin, great minds think alike! see my answer above LOL!:lol:
Although the candles to purchase can be expensive, I have kept my prices down to a minimum.

£20 per session for me, thats 45 minutes including the facial massage.

That tends to be around the average sort of price in this area, although there is one salon I know of charging £12 but I know from feedback that it wasn't up to much, basically she just stuck candle in and lit it. No massage, no consultation:eek:, pretty poor really. Now its this sort of behaviour that gives candling a bad name!

well you've struck a happy medium with that price and time.

I offer the 30 minute one as some people need more than one treatment so its not pricing the programme of treatments out of the market for them.

Hey collin, great minds think alike! see my answer above LOL!:lol:
Although the candles to purchase can be expensive, I have kept my prices down to a minimum.

Ok so some people charge more hey???..not a bad little number then I guess.

So people pay quiet a lot for this service then even without scientific proof ??

I guess then there must be some postive benefit derived by them if they are going to lay down on your couch and part with their hard earned cash :hug:

when you have undertaken such a treatment...do these costomers come back again down line or do you never see them again?

well you've struck a happy medium with that price and time.

I offer the 30 minute one as some people need more than one treatment so its not pricing the programme of treatments out of the market for them.

I also do a special so as you say the treatment isn't priced to high for clients who need a course of candles - if a client books and pays for 3 sessions they get £10 off - so they get a treatment for just over £16 (if my maths is correct lol)

Ok so some people charge more hey???..not a bad little number then I guess.

So people pay quiet a lot for this service then even without scientific proof ??

I guess then there must be some postive benefit derived by them if they are going to lay down on your couch and part with their hard earned cash :hug:

when you have undertaken such a treatment...do these costomers come back again down line or do you never see them again?

People do get a benefit and they do come back - scientific proof or not. The client isn't forced to return they do it because they want to because they have felt better - no one is holding a gun to their head lol

Ok so some people charge more hey???..not a bad little number then I guess.Center Parcs charge about £30-40 for the treatment. I used to do this treatment at a top notch spa and they charged £40 or £70 with an Indian head massage.

So people pay quiet a lot for this service then even without scientific proof ?? A lot of people have come because the GPs are refusing to syringe ears anymore but are offering no alternative. I have had people come when the practice nurse has recommended it. Infact most people have done some research on it beforehand and are just relieved to have found someone that offers the treatment.

yes, I haven't had anyone who hasnt enjoyed the treatment.

It all depends on the severity of the problem. a few clients I see a few times a year, they tell me that they realise when they need to come back. others have come back sooner on either my recommendation or because they feel that the problem has returned.
At the spa, you generally didn't see the same person again.

I have treated a neighbour's son who was supposed to having grommets, but he has only needed 2 treatments and the mother now knows what to look for (unresponsive when being talked to) so that she feels empowered by the experience, she can book another session (payment in wine).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back