facial skin care range!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therapyem

Reaction score
i have recently finished my training in facials and i have been very patiently trying to source a good skin care range to use in my clinic. i run a holistic and beauty therapy centre. i have looked into dermalogica, environ etc but all too expensive as work on my own.
i have got info on priadara (they coming to shwo me the range this month)
i had a lady show me a range called Artistry- any good.. anyone used it before? i never heard of is before contacting this lady.
looked into skin truth...
looked at eve taylor.. i have used their oils before and they are quite good.. does anyone know if they do demos in the salon?
i know i have a lot of questions but getting the right brand is crucial.
any comments in support or against any of the above mentioned products would be apprecaited.
plus any other brands i could look into.

please help me as it drving me crazy!

thanks in advance

em x:)

I have faced the same problem and sourcing a good skincare range on a tight budget is a nightmare.

I looked at Nimue which some geeks on here use and swear by it. Unfortunately again start up costs were too high, same with Academie Scientifique de Beaute.

I will be looking again at Babor - a German skincare range that is very good. My local college used to train using Dermalogica and they have recently converted to Babor, they are very impressed with it. When I originally spoke to them the start up costs were around £600 and that included some retail in that price.

I am currently using Carat facial by Sterex. Whilst I am happy with the product it is more of a treatment rather than a facial. However customer back up hasn't been what I think it should be.

Hope you find what you are looking for. If you want Babor's number and rep contact details, please pm me.

Have a look at Germaine de Capuccini - although they are not so well known in the UK the samples that I have tried are fab!

The have a minimum start up costs of £250 to enrol on their training and then they allow the cost of that from thier products.

germaine de capuccini web site

HTH

It would help if you told us what your budget is hun!

:) :) thanks for the reply!

when you have a budget it is hard to find the correct brand. i have been reading what other geeks have said about different products. i suppose it about what i feel comfortable working with too!

i am going to ring eve taylor tomorrow and see if they do salon visits. i may even see if skin turthdo vosots?

i dont want to end up buying a brand that clients think is cheap and nasty!

my client base is very important to me and i have been building it up for over 2 1/2 years now.

its just too hard being slef employed at times!!

thanks

my budget is prob upto £500/£600. if the range is good then i dont mind paying that little bit extra. at present i have a client base for my other beuaty treatments but as i have not sourced a range yet i am not offereing facials so i am also going to building my client base up for facials too. i know it takes time to build up a cleint base and i dont wnat x number of pounds worth of product just sitting around on the shelf! all your advise is very much appreciated

thanks xxx

:Grope:

I use Eve Taylor,it is fantastic value for money without compromising on quality.Feel free to pm me and I will give you any details that you.

Oey,we used Germaine in our last salon and they have excellent products and customer service.

i have heard some positive things about eve taylor. i think i will def ring them 2moro and see what they can do in terms of a demo.
i am so glad i found this site as it is good to chat to like minded individuals.

the more info i am armed with the better able i will be to make my decision. i have decided to give myself a bit of time and not rush any decision.

i am still not sure about the artistry demo i had today.

em xxx

i have heard some positive things about eve taylor. i think i will def ring them 2moro and see what they can do in terms of a demo.
i am so glad i found this site as it is good to chat to like minded individuals.

the more info i am armed with the better able i will be to make my decision. i have decided to give myself a bit of time and not rush any decision.

i am still not sure about the artistry demo i had today.

em xxx
Eve Taylor dont do in salon demos to my knowledge but they do do free training,dates can be found on their website.

They have some wonderful products at reasonable prices.I have had very positive feedback from the people I have carried out facials on.

As I said anymore info that you would like then feel free to pm me.

I've been using Priadara, which everyone I've used it on has liked male and female (which was important for me).

I use Eve Taylor. Lovely products to work with. Definitely get some samples to try. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

With that budget Environ is within it.

I have recently taken on Environ and I have not looked back:hug:

I have used 2 lines. In the past I used Yonka, and now I only use Dermalogica. Both are similar in price.

Have you tried Eva's esthetics? They have a pretty good skin care line with a lot of support... Eva's Esthetics

I have not used these myself but heard great things about La Mer, Kinerase and Jurlique. One down side--they are expensive.

Though, I have been using Murad for awhile and love it. Reasonably priced as well.

You should look into these brands. hope that helps hun!

Have your tried monu by susan molyneux, sorry not sure how its spelt but we used it at college and I use it on myself its all natural and great quality but for a medium budget, they look great for retail too.

I have faced the same problem and sourcing a good skincare range on a tight budget is a nightmare.

I looked at Nimue which some geeks on here use and swear by it. Unfortunately again start up costs were too high, same with Academie Scientifique de Beaute.

I will be looking again at Babor - a German skincare range that is very good. My local college used to train using Dermalogica and they have recently converted to Babor, they are very impressed with it. When I originally spoke to them the start up costs were around £600 and that included some retail in that price.

I am currently using Carat facial by Sterex. Whilst I am happy with the product it is more of a treatment rather than a facial. However customer back up hasn't been what I think it should be.

Hope you find what you are looking for. If you want Babor's number and rep contact details, please pm me.

Joe we have the same ideas i think !!

If you still want academie then i believe that there is no minimum order. I read this in a trade magazine (will have a look for it if you wish) & also spoke to them directly this was about 2 weeks before christmas.

I have just started renting a room in a salon & wanted to upgrade my products. I tried some academie products first & was really impressed, only thing that puts me off is that they aren't very well known yet.

I had a facial with Barbor products in October which i was quite pleased with & when i contacted them i was told they only supply to spas :irked:
If you have the number joe of the rep please can i have it as i would be very interested in stocking there products. :)

If you are in a salon then i think it is very important to go for a well known name to bring people in i know that dermalogica is about £2500 start up but when you think Matis, Decleor, Thalgo, Guinot etc are all over £4000 then i think this is quite reasonable.

You could also try Sothys or Nimue.....

thanks to all who have taken the time to reply to my problem!

i am thinking down the lines of priadara, eve taylor or maybe germaine de capuccini?

if anyone thinks i should steer clear please pm me.

i do apprecatie all advise wheter positive or negative towards a brand

thanks xxx

:Grope:

If you do a search on Priadara I think a few people didn't like the smell ... but I've not used it so can't speak from first hand experience!

Where/who did you do your facial training with? What products did you use? Can they not offer you so more advise also, just a thought!! See with NSI they recommend the Spa Ritual range, so I suppose it all depends on who you were with!! Tried looking at your profile but there was nothing there!!! :)

i trained in a salon with VTCT and the products the salon used were dermalogica. excellent product and if my budget could strech that far then i would not hesitate. i have rung dermalogica and there opening order is £3000. i have looked into environ and the rep didnt really sell me the product and it was all very scientific. my cleints dont really like being baffled with scientific jargon.
i have read some stuff on priadara and the smell is apparently putting people off. i have a rep coming on 22nd jan and i will make my choice about it then.

i must get round to ringing eve taylor but i have been busy all day.

anymore feedback on the artistry range any geeks out there?

laters geeks xxx

Latest posts

Back