First reviews of SHELLAC from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be ordering a store rack for my salon. All the courses etc I have seen have been either up North or Bournemouth. Anything going on in London?
There is a Shellac Attack class on Tuesday 11th May at London, Wembley, phone 020 89035878 for more info, I am booked on it for 11am. Hth xx

Just seen this thread, been so busy reading the other Shellac thread, Cant the two be murged together as alot of the same questions talked about? Mods?? A Sticky?!

Is it true that you can only use this product with CND's UV lamp? I already have so many lamps and do not wish to invest in another.

:?:
BB

Is it true that you can only use this product with CND's UV lamp? I already have so many lamps and do not wish to invest in another.

:?:

Then don't invest in Shellac.

Why buy lamps for many other systems and then short change the Shellac system? You will not be able to guarantee your work unless you invest in the lamp for the system.

A FEW INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT THIS NEW AND WONDERFUL LAMP from CND SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR CHD UV CURED PRODUCTS.

1. There are more bulbs for complete curing of all five fingers or toes at one time.

2. The bulbs are positioned closer to the opening of the lamp to assure complete cure of thumbs and pinkies and smaller toes.

3. The contoured hand plate keeps fingers properly placed and the removable shelf allows plenty of room for feet and easy sanitizing of the plates.

4. Bulb use is pre-calculated to count down the time left before bulbs should be replaced.

5. The interior fan improves lamp ventilation.

6. Additional features include an easy-to-hold handle and a removable power cord.

The CND UV Lamp is the best of its kind in the world and has all the features that work for you as a CND nail technician or manicurist. It has been completely built with you in mind. Enjoy it and look after it.

I've noticed a lot of geeks asking if they can use the lamp they have already with Shellac.

I have three lamps... two daylight and one Brisa and will shortly be investing in the new Shellac lamp.

Another geek on here (Deb Doyle) was showing her fab colour combos, so I grabbed a colour pop stick earlier to try out fedora with tutti fruitti over it, to give a purple finish.

I had put my Brisa lamp away and just used my daylight lamp (would never have done this with a client) and when I applied the tutti fruitti, I realised that the fedora colour hadn't cured at all!!!

So I wouldn't use Shellac without the proper lamp.... they advise you to use Shellac with a CND lamp for a good reason... it's not a gimmick

The new lamp sounds great anyway and will save loads of time as you don't have to do the thumbs separately .... happy days :D

I did mine with a 36watt tunnel lamp and after a couple of days got some small scratches on a couple of nails and a small chip in the corner of one of my nails.

Needless to say I don't want this happening to my clients so I now have the CND lamp and it is absolutely brilliant, well worth the investment.

hey, iv just noticed this site and its amazing for advice. Iv been a therapist for 7 years and not long back from cruise ship work. Desperate to get into nails and eyelashes as im setting up a homers business. Been reading loads on shellac and how it seems so fantastic by therapists. What is CHD? Im HND beauty trained. Got lots of additional completed training courses under my belt and was wonering if Jessica nails - hands and feet will qualify me to purchase shellac?? Also if anyone knows of good worhwhile nail courses AND semi-permanent eyelash extension courses in Glasgow area please notify me. Well thankyou all. :D xox

hey, iv just noticed this site and its amazing for advice. Iv been a therapist for 7 years and not long back from cruise ship work. Desperate to get into nails and eyelashes as im setting up a homers business. Been reading loads on shellac and how it seems so fantastic by therapists. What is CHD? Im HND beauty trained. Got lots of additional completed training courses under my belt and was wonering if Jessica nails - hands and feet will qualify me to purchase shellac?? Also if anyone knows of good worhwhile nail courses AND semi-permanent eyelash extension courses in Glasgow area please notify me. Well thankyou all. :D xox

The Fingertips Ctr. is the Scottish distributor for Shellac, CND (Creative Nail Design), Minx, PopIts and they have Spray tanning and run Eyelash extension courses as well. Everything right there for you. 0131 333180 You can't get better than that!

Hi. I was down at the Event and got my kit there. I am loving it, and with all the promo in the shop and we talk about it to all clients, and have converted many from polish to shellac. I am now getting to end of bottles especially cream puff, and while colours are thin and still applying like polish the cream puff is getting a little gloopy, as polish can do when you get low in the bottle. Just finding it a little tricky to do two thin coats for french. Has anyone else found this? Will I just start new bottle? Solutions??????

Ann.

Maybe do the first coat as thin as you can with the older bottle and then the 2nd coat with your new one? That is what I would do anyway to just use it up without too much hassel.

I haven't noticed this... the most popular colours for me are Tuitti fruitti, negligee and cream puff and have used them so many times that I've lost count, but I'm sure they must be almost all gone by now and they are still as thin as day one, so I find it hard to tell when they need to be replaced... I'll have to start keeping track when I re order.

If you tip the bottle upside down with the lid still on and then pull the brush out so only one side of the brush has the Shellac on this might help

Brilliant, I'm only having the problem with the white, colours are great. Will try out tips tomorrow. Thank you. xx
Ann.

Latest posts

Back