First reviews of SHELLAC from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockateer

Reaction score
Hi all i did my first set of shellaq today , loving it, my guinea pig was my mum, bless her she still walked around barely touching things even though we banged them, pressed them picked them etc hahaha, she reckons its psychological, plus she wanted to get off the dishes duty after having us all over for tea

- i found it very easy t use, quite liquidy, definitey needed the two coats
- i forgot to swipe at the end after top coat and couldnt for the life of me figure out thats i was meant to swipe them !! Brain freeze- thanks sarah !!!

Whats everyone else thining/finding?

I didnt think they were on sale yet x

How does it smell? Like polish? Or like nothing?

well where are the pictures:)

Lucky you.

What's the consistency like? Is it thinner like polish or thick like a gel?

Pictures please. :green:

Shellac has not been launched in Australia yet. My understanding is that it's set for May release and the suppliers will be doing their own launches around June.

Yes, we know there are some SPECIAL people in here who get to have a go FIRST :green: so if you're going to review let's have colours, pictures, texture and consistency reports for us plebs that have to wait.

It was launched in Ireland a bit earlier than here x

Hi all i did my first set of shellaq today , loving it, my guinea pig was my mum, bless her she still walked around barely touching things even though we banged them, pressed them picked them etc hahaha, she reckons its psychological, plus she wanted to get off the dishes duty after having us all over for tea

- i found it very easy t use, quite liquidy, definitey needed the two coats
- i forgot to swipe at the end after top coat and couldnt for the life of me figure out thats i was meant to swipe them !! Brain freeze- thanks sarah !!!

Whats everyone else thining/finding?

So glad to hear you are loving Shellac. What colour did your mum pick? Will you do your own? What colour will you choose?

When you say 'swipe' do you mean to remove the inhibition layer - the slightly sticky un-cured layer on the surface at the end?
It's best to remove the inhibition layer with 99% Isopropal Alcohol on a plastic backed pad (before my Isopropyl Alcohol arrived I used Cool Blue on a plastic backed pad), removing the inhibition layer will SET THE SHINE FREE! Then apply SolarOil and you're all set :)

Glad to hear you found it easy to apply, I almost couldn't believe how beautifully it went on first time. You will absolutely need two colour coats, even for the sheer colours, Shellac has been designed that way specifically, thin coats at every stage.

Good luck with your new system, you really are very lucky geographically - I think some geeks have threatened to move to Ireland! Bet you can't wait to wow your clients!

I got a demo yesterday and the CND stand at the Irish beauty show! Amazing stuff! Cannot wait to get my order, they were all sold out by the time i got to them! x

I love it too and yes it does smell like a nail varnish!!! (I was amazed by that :))

I only got mine this Thursday morning before my 9.30 client and I just couldn't wait for her to go so I could have a look :lol:

As soon as she was gone I opened it up and put the stand on my nail station.

I just cannot explain how excited I was.... it was like going back in time and being 7 again on Christmas morning!!

So my second client came in and just couldn't resist it and she went for the french (pic in my album)... it goes on the very same as a polish (seriously).. the base only needs 10 secs to cure which saves loads of time. My client was thrilled!!... she came in for Bio Sculpture overlays and is used to having her nails done, as she's a regular.

She was delighted with how thin it is... the very same as a polish. Even though Bio gel is lovely and thin... this is thinner (again like a polish)

As a soak off gel user I can honestly say, it's nothing like a soak off gel. The only way you can compare them is by the fact that it needs to be cured under UV light and removed with acetone.

The days of me spending 3 hours doing my own nails are gone!!! I'm so so happy with Shellac that it really has made my week.... ok my year:)

I did my own nails with a colour on Thursday and my toes last night... the colours are beautiful... all 12 of them are lush!!!

I would be absolutely dumbfounded if any nail tech out there doesn't like this product!!!

Thank you CND!

What'll be next?!!?? :green:

Last edited:
I just got the one nail done at the Irish Beauty Show yesterday and ordered my kit and training!! I have to wait three weeks though :( . I cant wait my one nail looks gorgeous, i went for a pink colour, beautiful!:)

Oh I forgot to mention one thing about Shellac... it doesn't have that soak off gel rubbery feel to it at all :)

I honestly don't even care if my clients don't like Shellac cause I want it all for myself, it's that gorgeous!!! :lol:

hmmmpppppfffgff!! I am so bloody jealous!!

I want shellac now!

I wish i could pre-order! I can't make the event and I just know they will sell out there and I wont get it until June!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

I honestly don't even care if my clients don't like Shellac cause I want it all for myself, it's that gorgeous!!! :lol:

that's what I've been thinking. Even if no one likes it I'll still love it and get full use out of it on myself. Although, I think everyone will love it.

I know.... I'm hoping and hoping that they have made tons and tons of kit, because with my luck they'll all be sold out when I go online to order. I know we can't post prices on here, but could anyone let me know an approx price (just a rough idea!) for the full kit?
I'm so excited.....

Why do we have to WAIT unitl MAY???

Think thats a bit unfair..

xx

Why do we have to WAIT unitl MAY???

Think thats a bit unfair..

xx

Pray tell why you think it is unfair? I think you perhaps don't know about distribution and all it entails?

Launching a product as unique, new and as huge as this one is going to be and taking it to market needs to be planned carefully. The UK market is a big one ... the Irish market is a small one in comparison. Let the distributors do what they do best which is why they have won so many awards for over 20 years ... crumbs we are only talking a few short week .. TIME for YOU to get your CLIENTS excited to book the service.

Last edited:
I'm not even a nail geek and im peeing my pants with excitement about this.

Can't wait for my new therapist to start so that I can get her excited about it too!!!!!

:D xxx

Latest posts

Back