First reviews of SHELLAC from CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This really does look like a fabulous product that I know is going to go down a storm with my clients, is this going to be suitable for the clients who have enhancements on to allow their nails to get to a decent length and then have them soaked off, but want something that is going to give additional strength with a lasting polish? So I gather its inbetween polish & acrylic/gel?

Hi can anyone that used Shellac compare it with Bio or Calgel, is it any differant ?

Hi can anyone that used Shellac compare it with Bio or Calgel, is it any differant ?

It is completely different. Have a look at the promo video on the Shellac thread and you will see.

Are the polish colours available for clients to buy who may want matching toenails and to use at home themselves?

Also does it add a little strength as a NNO does?

Majority of my clients like the fact their nails do not break as easily with a nno and it allows them to grow healthy nails with minimal effort, Will Shellac deliver this for them?

many thanks

Are the polish colours available for clients to buy who may want matching toenails and to use at home themselves?

Majority of my clients like the fact their nails do not break as easily with a nno and it allows them to grow healthy nails with minimal effort, Will Shellac deliver this for them?

many thanks

You put that better than me lol ....... thats what I meant.:)

that's a first for me Glitz:)

thank you:hug:

many thanks

1. NO ... Shellac is a Professional service .. YOU do their toes to match.

2. YES
and
3. YES

This really does look like a fabulous product that I know is going to go down a storm with my clients, is this going to be suitable for the clients who have enhancements on to allow their nails to get to a decent length and then have them soaked off, but want something that is going to give additional strength with a lasting polish? So I gather its inbetween polish & acrylic/gel?

You'll still have your enhancement clients that won't be suitable for Shellac.

You can't create an apex with it, so it isn't for clients that usually wear enhancements and need that extra strength.

However, in saying that, it IS strong!!... I have very very thin and weak nails and I'm wearing it with no problems. It's very flexible, which can be a good thing.

Time will tell how long they will last, as my nails are quite short at the moment.

Of course as soon as they grow and get longer, the Shellac may not be strong enough, but they look fab and to be honest, I don't like really long nails... they are just a perfect length for me at the moment.:)

You can't really compare it to Bio as it's more comparable to a polish when it comes to application and look.

Although in saying that, it's hard to compare it with polish and it's much easier to apply than a polish and gives a much more flawless look than you would get from a polish.... trust me it's so different to anything I've ever tried (and I've tried a LOT of gels)... it's a HYBRID

Last edited:
1. NO ... Shellac is a Professional service .. YOU do their toes to match.

2. YES
and
3. YES

thank you:D

looks like I will be converting soon:D

Martigirl, did you mean polish colours available which match the shellac colours? I could see clients wanting to get the shellac done, but happy to use ordinary (how can I use such a word with a CND product!) polish themselves to match on their toes. Are the shellac colours matched with polish colours Geeg?

Martigirl, did you mean polish colours available which match the shellac colours? I could see clients wanting to get the shellac done, but happy to use ordinary (how can I use such a word with a CND product!) polish themselves to match on their toes. Are the shellac colours matched with polish colours Geeg?

Yes Marion that's exactly what I meant, my clients don't always have the cash to have both done professionally every few weeks, and tend always to get a pedi at the start of the season and maintain at home to allow them to afford to have their fingernails pristine.

I heard/read on the promos for Shellac that a few discontinued favourites have made a welcome return in Shellac which is why I asked if a polish for retailing would be available.

I suppose I was hoping they were returning too.

Can anyone tell me if i will be able to use SHELLAC.
I am doing my manicure with sweet squared in leeds in may, and doing the bio sculpture course in june. Will i be able to use shellac in my manicures?:biggrin:
Or waite till after the bio training, or not at all :cry:

Can anyone tell me if i will be able to use SHELLAC.
I am doing my manicure with sweet squared in leeds in may, and doing the bio sculpture course in june. Will i be able to use shellac in my manicures?:biggrin:
Or waite till after the bio training, or not at all :cry:
Hun read the other Shellac thread http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/109210-shellac.html
you will find all the answers you need there. xxx

wowsers
so i hvemt loggd on since i posted the thread

i promise to get pics up tonight after work in the clinic

I am not a nail geek so the questions answered previously by nail geeks are the best to go by, i am a skin and laser geek so ...for me to be excited by nails is HUGE

my mam has pased on my number 9 times in two days hahahaa, i think shes looking for commisions, i cant explian whay theyre so much deman , i always do her nails , but theyre on a good few days now and not a bip, she works in an office so is constantly typing away, no white tips coming through etc
I am not a gel nail geek and can say from a therpists point of view it is even easier to apply than a polish

is it just me or am i the only one that cannot apply polish on to myself perfectly., how frustrating

loving it
and yes for once ireland being a small countyr has its benefits!

my spelling is shocking in the above post, next client due in any second, got excited seeing the buzz the shellacs created so typed faster than my fingers clearly allow
my apologies

We will forgive you for your spelling this time...ha ha:D

I so wish this was available here now! I could go away over Easter for two weeks with nails I know I won't need to touch! :lol:

The ONLY reason we have Shellac in Ireland now is because CND have allowed Countries that have Events or Trade Shows scheduled before the Global Launch May 1st to show the product as they know that lots of our Customers attend these ,and it is the only opportunity that we may have all year.
Each Country may include some or all colours,may include lamp or no lamp etc etc.
You need to contact your Distributor for these details.
We have included other items that are not readily available here in our kits,such as D-solve,Colour Pops etc.
I hope this clears up a few things.

I am so excited by this and have sooo many questions, but i am saving them all up for the event...:lol:

Latest posts

Back