Fully booked up or can you always fit clients in?

jo-anne

I was just wondering, mainly to home based or mobile techs, if your really busy on a daily bases do you feel that you can/can`t fit anymore clients in, or would you always squeeze them in.

As i do both hair and nails I struggle to fit new clients in and end up turning some away, I`ve even got a waiting list for nails.:)

~Emmsybabes~

Lol,...shove some over this side of the bridge .. :green:

sj1973

I was just wondering, mainly to home based or mobile techs, if your really busy on a daily bases do you feel that you can/can`t fit anymore clients in, or would you always squeeze them in.

As i do both hair and nails I struggle to fit new clients in and end up turning some away, I`ve even got a waiting list for nails.:)
Depends on you hun...if you did squeeze someone in you cant be tired as you can make a mess of there hair/nails then business would be bad......clients always like the fact that you have made time for them by squeezing them in...they are grateful .......

Good you have a waiting list for nails hun.....keep up your good work :hug:xxxxxxxxxxxx

talented talons

Master Artist
I do try to fit new clients in, but most of the time it is normally at least 2 weeks before i can. I do hate turning new clients away, but i won't give up my family time too much, or i end up too tired and feel that my work suffers.

Most people will wait for 2 to 3 weeks to get into my appointment book, so that is good. I even had someone pleased that i couldn't fit her in as she said i must be good and busy. (i suppose she is right....lol)

yeah i am pretty fully booked for what i can manage with 3 children. I work mainly evenings and have 19 evenings working already - its much better this year for me than last and hate the thought of turning a new client away!

Cathie!

I don't really understand the point of question in this thread?

For what it's worth, I am generally fully booked.

jo-anne

I don't really understand the point of question in this thread?

For what it's worth, I am generally fully booked.
It was mainly to see if other geeks like my self have to turn business away or if they try and squeeze them in, I hate turning them down i sometimes feel like i`m doing myself outta busines, but it would interfer with family life if i did more.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer cathie xx

PinkPotions

I'm home based and i always try to fit them in..

There has been times when i've worked till 11pm on a Friday night so that a girl could have lovely nails for her birthday party the next day because her usual women let her down at the last minute etc.

I've even did a clients waxing at 6am before she left for a flight because she had forgot to get it done in time.

A couple of Pro-Plus's and an energy drink normally brings me back to life, my problem is i'm a sucker for a sob story!

My clients all appreciate it though and thankfully it doesn't happen THAT often.

talented talons

Master Artist
I have tried to fit in all clients when i was first building up my client base, but i then found i was working longer hours and seeing less of my family, which wasn't what i wanted to do. But once you get in this position it is hard to go back.

I have a family and chose to make sure i did this business around my family so i could see more of them and still do what i love. It is hard to fit in everyone when you are busy, so i just have to say, i am fully booked at the moment, and can normally only fit new clients in 2 - 3 weeks later. If they want to wait, they do.

Cathie!

It was mainly to see if other geeks like my self have to turn business away or if they try and squeeze them in, I hate turning them down i sometimes feel like i`m doing myself outta busines, but it would interfer with family life if i did more.
Hope that makes it a bit clearer cathie xx
Ah, I see, yes I hate to turn them away too...is there someone else you can refer them to?

jo-anne

Well my friend has almost finished her foundation course so luckily i can pass them on to her soon! xxx And i`ll have to send them over the water to emma!! xxx

talented talons

Master Artist
I do have a few fellow geeks that i pass business onto if i cannot fit them in when they want.

This is a great way to help each other out.

weezie

Could you not expand and employ a mobile therapist? :hug:

nailzoo

there's only so many hours in the day, it depends if you want to be a slave to your business.

If you are fully booked, how can you "squeeze" without running late and dissapointing those that have booked in advance?

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
I have set hours that i work but when i am booked up and someone rings i don't mind occasionally working outside those hours...like next week...a client rang wanting an evening appt and all my evenings are full...so i offered 8pm (wont be done till near 10pm) and she was delighted. I don't mind once in a while but wouldn't do it every night.

claireamy

I try and accomodate people as much as possible but there is a line you have to draw and be firm about sticking to it. I can very rarely fit a new client in within 2 weeks unless I have a cancellation. Unfortunately you can only do so much so if someone wants an app in the next 2 days and you don't have any they'll just have to go somewhere else. I've also had people think that its good I can't offer them an app straight away as they think that if I'm so busy I must be good!

motherbird

Another related question here then .........do you consider when fitting in a new enhancement client whether or not you can commit to them in the long term or do you fit them in on a one off basis ?

I have periods where I say no to new nail clients if my books are full unless they are for a special occasion, and I always wrestle with myself ! The question that plagues me is this...what if (and dont get me wrong this is a good thing) they envisage becoming a regular.....can you find a regular 2 or 3 weekly slot for them ? Or do you fit them in when you can next manage and then have to decline the regular upkeep appts ?

Would be interested to hear others positions on this ! :)

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
I usually ask if they work...what time they finish, do they have a day off in the week....?? this way i can decide what i have that will work for them as well as me.

pazzy

Yes - I know the long term of taking a new nail client can be a nightmare - as I will be taking up another hour somewhere in the following 2 weeks - which limits my availability for other treatments

i.e bridal make-up - spraytans.

The dilemma I have is - nails and infills keep me going through the quiet months of Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb but - they then become a problem for the busier Summer months as I am working too much (which I dont want).

xx

deehair

iv worked up to 11pm a couple of time s when parties have been booked but if this happens i make sure ii book one day off and have a family aday out eg blackpool if the client to far i recommend a professional then ring them back with there details:hug: