Fungal toenail infection - traditional cures not working - any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I did my nail training I was taught that you shoud cut the nail down as far as possible, but when applying a treatment don't cover with Nail p
Polish as this breaks down the treatment, also if you are applying the same nail polish you could be cross comtaminating, hence why it's not doing what the bottle says.

Just a possible suggestion.

Hth

I was always told to drop 1 drop of tea tree oil down the back of the nail. :hug:

I had fungual toe nails as well. I cut down the nails and tried treating the fungus with tea tree oil. As the nails grew back, the fungus was still there so I gave up and went to a podiatrist. She said you must cut down the infected nails in order for the treatments to really penetrate the area. She perscribed microspor (which can b bought without a perscription) and instructed me to use it 2times daily. Microspor really really really worked and the things is, I rarely used it 2times because I would 4get to use it. Give microspor a try
Posted via Mobile Device

I personally would always use a good podiatrist they are worth their weight in gold and money worth spending for any long standing problems where feet are concerned

OMFG OMFG CARL!!!!!!!!!!

My eyes are watering & I'm VERY close to throwing up, it was when you put the sharp instrument right up with nail - I'm shaking so much I can't type properly!!!!!
Did you have to wipe that gunk on your own skin - there was a perfectly good tissue under her hand omg omg I'm still shaking.

That was hydrogen Peroxide you used with the brushes - you could teach that to a few people I know - it obviously worked very well - did you have to keep repeating the application of peroxide, or just do it the once? What 'type' of peroxide was it btw?

My hubby has a toenail fungus - on both his big toes - one is yellow & crumbly, the other is just like black almost all the way to the eponychium - he keeps cutting them right down & tried Lamisil Cream - no joy.:irked:

OMFG OMFG CARL!!!!!!!!!!

Did you have to wipe that gunk on your own skin - there was a perfectly good tissue under her hand .

This is what I thought, the most gross thing was wiping it on your skin, lol, I would of wrapped a tissue round my thumb, but it was a good video :hug:

Thanks for showing that Carl, not sure I would want to attempt it, but it is very interesting to see.

Ok. if you have tried the topical painted on form your gp Clotrimazole or Ketacoazole and have reduced and thined the nail plate to remove the bulk of the infected tissue........before you did this!

Then your infection (imo) would have spread beneath the eponychium and wont be reached with topical preparations,so you will need a systemic fungicide that can enter your bloodstream to reach your germinal matrix, again available from your gp.....

Ok, you saw that thumb at the end...
Mine was worse...
I had fallen 'up' the stairs, put my hands out to catch myself, and my thumbnail lifted clear the lunula...
In no time, had an infection under there.
I HAD the oral and the topical stuff from the Doctor (tried for 6mths)
It did NOTHING but cause side affects.

Doing as Carl did and applying tea-tree oil cleared it up (in the space of time it took the nail to grow out, it was GONE).

But my question to Carl is this: how did that person get that on multiple fingers? What on earth caused that?

Last edited:
Get yourself some tea tree oil from austrailian body care.
Cake it on all over the nail and then tape it up in gauze. Try to do it twice a day.
It's fab stuff it has got rid of my little boys verruca xxx

But my question to Carl is this: how did that person get that on multiple fingers? What on earth caused that?

She had the condition for quite some time, when she came to me she had natural nails. She sad she had it since having acrylics cleaned out with a drill underneath.

Ouch.. wowzers...

I'm guessing nss went too far with their efile waaaaaay too often..

If all else fails, soak your toe in luke warm salty water, it is natural. Pat dry, and do this 2 times per day, let sun on it as well.......

HtH.........:)

This is not for the fainthearted, nor do I recommend it .... but it has to be seen.

That was wicked!

I just wish I had not watched it before breakfast!

Latest posts

Back