Gelish in Sally's for pro and retail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

Reaction score
Ok so just heard that gelish will be available in sally's in the few weeks!! But problem is it is not just going to be available to professionals but anybody can purchase it and a slightly higher price!! Want to know what everyone else thinks of this? Nail harmony yet to confirm bit sally's have. X

This is precisely why I will only ever use brands which I know will never be able to purchase by the general untrained public. Its bad for business and its dangerous. End of!

I'm pretty sure Sally's recently changed their policy and now only sell to trade.

There are lots of products, such as enhancements and perms, that you can only buy if you have a card. Perhaps they'll apply this to Gelish?

Sally's will only sell to you now if you have a trade card hun, so don't sweat it. Xx

Our Sally's still sells to retail customers. It's on one of the main highstreets in town.

I didn't know they were stopping selling to the public? Would they not lose loads of business this way?

I don't like the idea of gel polishes available to the public - though can you see many buying it? The lamps are expensive.

x

Some of the Sallys only sell now to trade and some still sell to anyone. The shops that sell to trade have more products than the others so if Harmony have done the right thing they will only allow their products to be stocked in the trade only shops. I am not sure how this will effect the sub distributors though. The only other thing is that Nail Harmony have not confirmed this so at yet it is still only a rumour.:green:

Oh right I see.

If I wasn't getting my mani/pedi certificate at the end of the month I'd be living in terror that I might not be able to shop there anymore!

Hopefully the brands will see sense and distribute to trade only Sally stores. :eek:

Just notice that this has been confirmed on a trial period basis of 3 months. I am not sure how Sallys staff will be able to confirm that even the trade customer has a manicure certificate or not as everyone who does any course there gets a trade card. :|

I'm doing a CND manicure and pedicure certificate so I'm hoping they'll accept my application for a trade card.

A friend successfully got one with her manicure certificate.

It would be a shame if the store in town stopped selling to retail customers but I'm all for keeping certain product ranges for professionals only.

As far as i''m aware not rang my local sally's yet but from what other techs have said on Facebook is that their local sally's said it is available for pros at the usual price and retail more expensive so sounds like the public will be allowed to buy it x

To get my sallys card I only had to produce a photocopy of my manicure certificate. There was no making sure it was a reputable company or anything like that.

Can't say this affects me at all - it doesn't. Sallys is pretty pants ad you can get most of their sundries for less elsewhere. I am surprised harmony have decided to go this way though!

@scottishjoy - where do you buy your supplies from if you don't mind me asking? :)

I opened an account only a couple of weeks ago at my local Sallys and when they explained their pricing she went through retail / trade etc....so that branch at least are not trade only yet......x

Can't say this affects me at all - it doesn't. Sallys is pretty pants ad you can get most of their sundries for less elsewhere. I am surprised harmony have decided to go this way though![/QUOTE]

I agree with this!! I only opened an account as I was desperate on a bank holiday and they were the only ones open! :)

Our Sallys is now salon services.I thought they all were, could be wrong though. Beauty express is also now partnered with salon services.
They used to have non professionals in our one when it was Sallys but since it has changed to Salon services it is now professional only.

I telephoned them, the lady..... well Girl:( said they are geting them in in June 24 colours wonder how much ??

I really don't think this is worth worrying about. Just about everything is available to the public if they really want it, just look on Ebay. Its only a matter of time before Argos start selling a Rio type kit for gel polish colours. Hairdressers have to put up with every celeb trying to convince people on national television ad campaigns that they dye their own hair - yeah right.

Its no different for nail techs. There will always be those who buy products to use at home (I'm sure most of you before you qualified bought some sort of home nail extension kit when you were younger??). It gives lots of people the bug. Most quickly chuck the stuff away and want a professional job and come to us.

From what I can gather on their Facebook page, some Sallys are now trade only and these are the only ones that will be stocking Gelish...so in theory the public won't be able to buy it. It's also a 3 month trial.....

I telephoned them, the lady..... well Girl:( said they are geting them in in June 24 colours wonder how much ??

They are likely to be the same price as buying direct from Nail Harmony - Sally seem able to do deals like that. However, even at trade prices, how many people are going to spend that much on one colour? Plus they will need topcoat, basecoat, lamp, prep etc. I can't see that they will sell that many to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back