Gelish in Sally's for pro and retail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit peed about this also. I decided to make the move from shellac to gelish and like allot of others I have invested allot of money. I was also about to purchase another £150 of stock. so glad I decided to wait till this week. I think I will be re thinking about my next move.

At the end of the day Its all about money and if NH will make more selling though Sally's that is what they will do. I was a bit shocked when I first ordered over the Internet. I was never asked for certificates and I could see the cost Price without even trying, so the public if they have wanted to could have done the same.

Anyone can by from Sally's, My mum always get stuff,she just uses my name and address and I am sure many others do the same with there friends and family.

I wonder if they're going to flog their l&p at Sally's, too?

What I am not understanding is when there is so much speculation and so many questions, why you don't just speak to Georgie or Jay and get the FACTS. They don't bite ! I am a sub distributor so, in theory, if what some are saying is true, I would be affected the most. However, this is a positive move on many levels, including for techs. I am 100% behind the Company. Rumour and scaremongering doesn't achieve anything :hug:

Yes we have Sally's here in US as well. So thanks for clarifying.

Maybe it would have been better if we had been informed by Nail Harmony UK and didn't have to find out from a branch of Sallys that happily sells everything to the public i.e. Cirencester.

I for one wouldn't have been miffed if they had let us know ahead of time.

Buying for me at Sallys would be a good thing, I can pop in and buy one bottle with no postage and packing to think about but it doesn't matter what anyone says to me about this move, in my opinion it downgrades the product and the general public here and untrained hairdressers and beauty therapists will soon be offering Gelish. Whether or not they are good at it or not it will damage the product name.

It is no loss to me at all, I would be far more worried if I was a distributor as I think it will effect orders to them.

Each to his own, some will stay, some will go, some will care and some won't but I think those of us that have doubts have not heard anything that has made us feel any better. I have had contact from Nail Harmony and have been in contact with Sallys in Cheltenham and both parties are saying different things. Only time will tell on this but it is sad when so many of us love the product itself. :hug:

What I am not understanding is when there is so much speculation and so many questions, why you don't just speak to Georgie or Jay and get the FACTS. They don't bite ! I am a sub distributor so, in theory, if what some are saying is true, I would be affected the most. However, this is a positive move on many levels, including for techs. I am 100% behind the Company. Rumour and scaremongering doesn't achieve anything :hug:

Georgie is a member of this site. Maybe she would care to post the facts on here? :)

I wonder if they're going to flog their l&p at Sally's, too?

They aren't selling L&P or gel at Sallys. Just a selection of the Gelish colours.

I think opinions about this vary from how people's local sally's are. Some it seems have changed recently and have been strict on who buys their products ect, others have a poor Sally's who they have no confidence in.

Personally, i dont think it will affect MY business. So i'm happy to stay with Harmony and see how it goes while they complete their 3 month trial with the product in store, but i think each tech will have to make a choice to suit themself and their business.

Oh and i dont think their has been any suggestion that they will ever be stocking Gelish in Tesco's :lol:

They aren't selling L&P or gel at Sallys. Just a selection of the Gelish colours.
:lol:

No Reveal. No Fusion. No 72 colours. No large soaks or cleanse. No LED. No brushes..the list goes on

Yes 3 month trial. Yes Sally's upgrading their staff and outlets. Yes NHUK Educators only holding training.

I loved the comment someone made (sorry cant remember who) re may have a larder of ingredients but doesn't make one Heston :green:

I think everyone just needs to take a step back and watch and see what effect this has (if any!) on their business.

There certainly seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions going on, with people posting they are going to change brands over this :rolleyes:

In my opinion this is very premature, and how on earth would you explain it to your loyal Gelish clients??
After all you have just spent the last year (or x months) showing them what a great product this is and getting great results from it.
Now because of another supplier being added to the list in the UK (which some clients may never even have heard of !! ) you want to throw all that away and suddenly use another product that you deemed not as good as Gelish before this happened!!!!!!!

Seriously ????

I know Sally's Salon Services have tended to be looked down on in this Industry, but surely if they are trying to bring their standards up and be a more professional Trade Wholesaler we should be supporting them in this and not dare I say it be so snobbish about it :eek:

I am sure before long we will have a thread on here complaining about the third degree a geek received in Sally's before she was allowed to buy a product !!

In short, calm down folks....join me sitting on the fence, there is plenty room :lol:and you shall soon see what happens, and THEN decisions can be taken about a way forward for your business. :hug:

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Just to Clarify what will be sold in Sally's stores NO LED's Only 24 colours Foundation Top it Off and 40z Cleanser and Remover
As A Sub Distributor and Master Educator for Harmony I give them my full support and backing and respect any decisions made by Georgie and Jason Smedley
Our Educators will be running the classes. All our Educators are highly skilled.
We will be closely monitoring Sally's policy's and it is on a trial basis
Come on everyone it's a booming industry and you are the Professional's I don't see why Harmony customers should feel so worried. There are going to be a small amount of Clients who will DIY. You all know it is not so easy and clients DIY already. The fantastic support that Harmony customers always get is not going to change. No one cares as much about the brand as we do.

I think everyone just needs to take a step back and watch and see what effect this has (if any!) on their business.

There certainly seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions going on, with people posting they are going to change brands over this :rolleyes:

In my opinion this is very premature, and how on earth would you explain it to your loyal Gelish clients??
After all you have just spent the last year (or x months) showing them what a great product this is and getting great results from it.
Now because of another supplier being added to the list in the UK (which some clients may never even have heard of !! ) you want to throw all that away and suddenly use another product that you deemed not as good as Gelish before this happened!!!!!!!

Seriously ????

I know Sally's Salon Services have tended to be looked down on in this Industry, but surely if they are trying to bring their standards up and be a more professional Trade Wholesaler we should be supporting them in this and not dare I say it being so snobbish about it :eek:

I am sure before long we will have a thread on here complaining about the third degree a geek received in Sally's before she was allowed to buy a product !!

In short, calm down folks....join me sitting on the fence, there is plenty room :lol:and you shall soon see what happens, and THEN decisions can be taken about a way forward for your business. :hug:

I totally agree. I think some people are over-reacting. Its not as if there is a Sally's on every street corner. The kind of clients who want cheap DIY jobs are not going to spend the amount it would cost to buy:

1 top coat
1 base coat
Prep products
Cleanser
1 colour
1 lamp

They could get a few professional services for the price.

Sally's have always sold a limited range of OPI, but it has never affected the high sales volume of many salons including mine. This is because the general public would have to pay RRP anyway for OPI products in Sally's. Even my client's who are hairdressers and have a Sally Trade Card buy OPI from me because they can see the colours properly on my displays.

I am sure this will have no real impact on Gelish salons.

I totally agree. I think some people are over-reacting. It's not as if there is a Sally's on every street corner. The kind of clients who want cheap DIY jobs are not going to spend the amount it would cost to buy:

1 top coat
1 base coat
Prep products
Cleanser
1 colour
1 lamp

They could get a few professional services for the price.

Sally's have always sold a limited range of OPI, but it has never affected the high sales volume of many salons including mine. This is because the general public would have to pay RRP anyway for OPI products in Sally's. Even my client's who are hairdressers and have a Sally Trade Card buy OPI from me because they can see the colours properly on my displays.

I am sure this will have no real impact on Gelish salons.

Now this is what we need on here - someone who can see the same bigger picture Come on Gelish user's are you really going to give up on such an amazing product ? My salon business is worth more to me than that There is no need for the panic and worrying ::) Your businesses will grow and survive you have already made the best choice of product trust it to work for you

Hi everyone - I am a Master Educator for Nail Harmony UK.

Yes - Nail Harmony are trailing Gelish - only 24 colours in Sally's. Sally have recently joined forces with Salon Serve and have become way more stringent in who they sell to - I'm talking about Gelish being available in TRADE ONLY STORES. It is on a 3 month trial period only - if it shows that Sally's are selling to any Tom, **** or Harry as someone said, they WILL pull the brand - end of. OPI has sold in Sallys - has it stopped people having a professional manicure? -Boots and many other chemist sell nail polish & hair colourants - has it made every Hairdressing business close - no - what it has done has encouraged people to colour their hair & then go to a professional to have it fixed. I'm not saying Joe Public will buy Gelish from Sallys - as they will not be able too-but you worry about non nail tech professionals - they will have to buy colour/top it off/foundation/cleanse/soak off - oh and a lamp just to perform a very poor Gelish that will chip & peel immediately nas they are not trained.
Please don't think for a moment that Georgie & Jason Smedley haven't considered what everyones initial reaction would be - Gelish is their Baby, their bread & butter too - do you honestly think that they would run the risk of losing their valuable client base - which is you!? No , they have done this with very careful thinking as a way of increasing brand awareness - which will ultimately increase people wanting to have a Gelish manicure - please read what has been asked and answered on Nail Harmony UnitedKingdom (Gelish) Facebook page - Georgie & Jason have both been there - not hiding away, to answer all questions and anyone who wants to call HO can do so on 0800 014 8300 and they will and always have had the full support of all at Nail Harmony UK - and all the Educators xxxxx:hug:

Well AMBCJ = Sub Distributor and Master Educator for Harmony &
Bev Rose = Master Educator for Nail Harmony UK

I personally feel that you have put a top end product in a low end store. It doesn't matter how you colour it we all know that it will be sold through Sally's to the public...and your going to tell me when you find this out your pulling the plug? hmmm
Whats in this for Sally's ? What excatly are they doing to clean thier act up?..stocking Gelish? thats it?
And please will people stop telling everyone to calm down or chill etc everyone has a right to feel the way they feel.
Also to be honest I would have thought Georgie would have popped on here by now to show some loyalty, seeing as this was her platform to pretty much promote Gelish

Salpep

Why so negative ?? Yes we all have an opinion and this is mine
You have yours. Quite right you are entitled as much as I am
All I am saying is why not see the bigger picture ?
Georgie is easily contactable at the head office number and welcomes anyone's comments and concerns as do I
I am not her Spokes person I am an independent Salon Owner Educator and Sub Distributor I have as much as anyone to loose in this situation But am confident in my own Professionalism and Expertise to know that My bussiness will survive

I have joined Geek to share and learn not to lecture or patronise
I wish you luck in the choice you make

Over reacting?? Nope just saying I will not be introducing it to my salon, I have a sallys 5 mins from my salon and they sell to everyone, I never use a beauty brand that they sell and that is my choice, I don't use opi either. I also will not use a brand that sells on qvc etc, this is my choice, how can we retail items that clients can pay less for at sallys? I am staying with sweet squared and shellac. I wish pro companies would stay faithful to the people who got them to where they r, us the salon owners/ therapists by buying their products via without us where would they be?

Totally understand your views :)
Am just trying to get information out there to help people understand and make their own minds up :hug:

Sallys are improving thier standards as in Scratch mag this month.
There will be a small selection of colours going in.
If non techs want they can already get it and other products from ebay or trade shows.
They already have OPI polishes in there and yet quite a few techs still use them and are asked for them by clients.
This has been thought through and will be monitored and on a 3 month trial.
I have complete trust in the Smedleys decision as the ones they have made so far have been right. Have a little faith.

Negative? I was ? :eek:

I thought I asked some questions..never mind :irked:

Well AMBCJ = Sub Distributor and Master Educator for Harmony &
Bev Rose = Master Educator for Nail Harmony UK

I personally feel that you have put a top end product in a low end store. It doesn't matter how you colour it we all know that it will be sold through Sally's to the public...and your going to tell me when you find this out your pulling the plug? hmmm
Whats in this for Sally's ? What excatly are they doing to clean thier act up?..stocking Gelish? thats it?
And please will people stop telling everyone to calm down or chill etc everyone has a right to feel the way they feel.
Also to be honest I would have thought Georgie would have popped on here by now to show some loyalty, seeing as this was her platform to pretty much promote Gelish

Well said my darling, I am finding it hard to believe the total trust in Sallys, it has nothing to do with trust in Nail Harmony. Anyone who knows how Sallys works knows that the general public buy from them and once again I will tell you that the Sallys stores in both Cheltenham and Cirencester who are NOT trade only stores are both expecting to be selling Gelish within a few weeks.

The idea that those of us who don't agree with what is being done just don't understand is patronising. I have run a very successful business for 17 years now and it is certainly not through using products sold in Sallys.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back