Got some hot wax WOW it's great!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampy

Reaction score
Am so excited to have finally bought some hot wax to try (thanks to Axiom and Kim for your help on this).

Bought a Hive 1000c heater and some Perron Rigot Euroblonde. I can't believe it has taken me so long to try it. Every last hair comes out with it, even the short, coarse bleeders and the skin is barely pink afterwards, even on sensitive areas.

No sticky residue either. It is amazing for bikini lines, lips, underarms and eyebrows. Think it would take forever to do a leg (not sure if it's supposed to do larger areas??).

I'm only practicing on myself at the moment and have a couple of questions:

What's the best way to create the 'lip' you need to begin the flick?

Should the wax be pulled off at the same speed as a strip, ie quickly and parallel to skin?

When doing eyebrows, what do you find is the best applicator to use with it, thin spatula or orange wood stick? Also, would you recommend covering the eye with a cotton pad?

Thanks in advance! x

Where did you get this from stampy? can you add the link on for the website? if you don't mind of course.

yea, i to would like some more information on this wax if you dont mind.xx

Am so excited to have finally bought some hot wax to try (thanks to Axiom and Kim for your help on this).

Bought a Hive 1000c heater and some Perron Rigot Euroblonde. I can't believe it has taken me so long to try it. Every last hair comes out with it, even the short, coarse bleeders and the skin is barely pink afterwards, even on sensitive areas.

No sticky residue either. It is amazing for bikini lines, lips, underarms and eyebrows. Think it would take forever to do a leg (not sure if it's supposed to do larger areas??).

I'm only practicing on myself at the moment and have a couple of questions:

What's the best way to create the 'lip' you need to begin the flick?

Should the wax be pulled off at the same speed as a strip, ie quickly and parallel to skin?

When doing eyebrows, what do you find is the best applicator to use with it, thin spatula or orange wood stick? Also, would you recommend covering the eye with a cotton pad?

Thanks in advance! x

It's amazing isn't it?

Ok..........to create a lip, you can do this a few ways. You could add a little more wax to that end so it's thicker. Or, as your spatula reaches that end, pres it down so that a thicker edge appears.

The wax should be pulled off quickly but train yourself to brace the skin all the way as you go. As I'm removing the wax, I follow closely behind with my thumb.

Brows: I split a spautala...........an orange stick is too thin. You can cover the eye if you want to but I don't.

TIP: Just before you remove the wax from any body part, press over the set wax so that it really grabs the hairs. xxx

It's amazing isn't it?

Brows: I split a spautala...........an orange stick is too thin. You can cover the eye if you want to but I don't.

A geek I know uses the the thin wooden sticks that you use to stir your coffee:lol:

You can get facial spatulas that are smaller than the average box of 100 costs me about 1.50. Ellisons do them x

Hi Karen,

Glad to hear your wax arrived safely and that you are enjoying using it.

To create the lip I do a little 'c' curve at the end of my wax application, so that I'm almost coming back on myself - this gives me a clean, slightly thicker edge to flick from. If you run out of wax on the spatula, it's easy enough to get some fresh wax from the pot and add a little extra to the end of your strip, even if it's already set.

It's always easier to get that first 'flick' if you can overlap the lifting edge of the wax on to a hair-free area of skin - failing that, you can use the edge of a clean spatula to help with the flick or press the shiny side of a recently removed piece of wax into the wax on the skin and use it as a 'handle' to lift from.

You can remove the dried wax at the same speed as strip wax, but if you are removing anything longer than a couple of inches or working over dense, coarse hair growth, sensitive areas or loose skin, it's better to do this in stages - lift about an inch, re-brace the skin close to the wax, lift the next bit, re-brace the skin, etc, until it's all off.

The exception to a fast removal is if you are working over much larger areas like the legs with hard wax, in which case the product can be applied thinner but as a result it must be removed slower to avoid breakage. Although this is obviously more time-consuming and costly, it is a great option for clients with brittle hair that always seems to snap with strip wax. In these instances you can apply the hard wax really thinly, but it must be removed gently to avoid breaking once dry. This is a technique that is easier to demonstrate than describe, so if you are coming to ExCel please do pop over to the Perron Rigot stand and I'll be happy to show you what I mean.

Finally, I use a 'coffee stirrer' spatula to apply the wax to eyebrows - Clean & Easy sell these exact size, or you can do what I do and just pinch a handful every time you go into Starbucks! :) I don't place cotton pads over the eyes either.

Hope that helps :D

Andy x

I too use coffee stirrers it helps to have friends who work at macdonalds :lol:

how long should it take to do a full bikini wax with hot wax?

Also, how do you get right up into the bum? ...because how do you flick a bit up right by the actual exit hole? (sorry there is NO nice way to describe that lol). The hairs grow inwards towards it, so im just trying to imagine how you would get every last hair.

Surely it must take longer than with strip because you have to let each strip of wax set?

im intrigued.

Also, how do you get right up into the bum? ...because how do you flick a bit up right by the actual exit hole? (sorry there is NO nice way to describe that lol). The hairs grow inwards towards it, so im just trying to imagine how you would get every last hair.

Surely it must take longer than with strip because you have to let each strip of wax set?

im intrigued.
I'm sorry Katelisa i know your post is not meant to be amusing but i just had the hilarious image of you stood over the bottom pondering how to do it and almost fell off my chair laughing :lol:
at least i have bumped up the post and you should get a helpful answer now :hug:

I could never get the hang of hot wax, maybe I need to retrain

Loubylou i too thought the post by Katelisa was funny, my gosh what are we like

I have been using hot wax at college and it was brilliant, we did it on underarm and bikini. We was taught to apply it in a figure of eight and leave yourself a little tab to flick up once the was has dried.

We all have very wonky bikini lines now after practicing on each other - it was the funniest class ever :) Its like where do you put your hands?? giggle

I think with the 'new generation' of waxes, such as Euroblonde, they are applied in a thin layer rather than figure of eight. Probably a good job in my case!! :)

Perron Rigot (UK) - Waxing Products for the Salon Professional - About US is the link for the wax. Tel: 0845 450 1377.
The 1000c heater I bought is by Hive Hive of Beauty LTD, I bought mine at my local Sallys though.

Thanks for your excellent tips everyone, much appreciated as ever. Would love to see it 'in action' at Excel. I am going to keep practising although I've not got much hair left to go at! :eek:
xxx

well I have to say between axiom and kim, they have caused such an interest in the waxing side of beauty in the last few weeks!!!!!!:)
I want to learn how to wax now!!!!!!!!!!!
May just come over to the stand at excel and have a pog, lol :lol::lol::lol:

im intrigued.

LOL............If there's a tone....she'll lower it !

If you mean Brazilian, it takes however quick you are. Although the non strip wax has to set for a moment, you'll be applying several strips, leaving gaps in between............then applying over the remaining hair.

You open the butt cheeks and apply the wax and push it right onto any hair. The great thing about this wax is that it only sticks to hair..........and not the skin. So, you apply the wax inside the crack in long strips.......let it set.........and remove. VOILA! All gone...............more tomorrow. xxx

I have been using hot wax at college and it was brilliant, we did it on underarm and bikini. We was taught to apply it in a figure of eight and leave yourself a little tab to flick up once the was has dried.

We all have very wonky bikini lines now after practicing on each other - it was the funniest class ever :) Its like where do you put your hands?? giggle
These new non strip waxes don't need to be applied in the figure of eight, just in straight lines. xxx

Latest posts

Back