Great Day At Olympia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
Had a brilliant day at Olympia yesterday. I savoured every minute of being able to mingle, chat, enjoy the demos and shop since I wasn't competing. Enjoyed watching all the competitors do their stuff and the nails that I saw were excellent.

Got some great deals (30% off!) at the Odyssey stand as well as a goody bag. Also excellent give-away deals on uniforms too. Of course, I couldn't resist getting a few essentials at the Creative stand and enjoyed watching Ketan do his demos. Mr & Mrs Geek were there too and, as usual, kindly took some time out to say hello. Mrs Geek was teasing me about some great educational plans Creative have up their sleeve but she was staying tight lipped so we'll have to wait patiently. Creative also had a great educational offer at the show - pay for one class and get another free!

It was great to catch up with a few geeks too - NailsinLondon1 (that girl sure knows how to strike a bargain!), our darling Jaydee (and I hope you keep your promise lol!), Scratchers (strutting her stuff and doing us proud) and it was a pleasure to meet Angelfingers too (what a girl and what a nail artist - get in that comp circuit girl!!!).

So there ye go - my arms have stretched quite a bit and my feet are still throbbing. Not a surprise since me and Dilek were first through the doors and last out!

Tempted to go back and rattle a credit card again today but trying my best to resist temptation ... :lol::hug:xxx

Oooh I'm so jealous I didn't go.:irked:

I'm saving my pennies for the September one and have even persuaded hubby to come to carry my purchases!!:green:

Add me to the list of being very green with jeolousy!!!

Glad you had a good spend!! Isn't it great when you spend loads and know that you got some deals on the way?!

I am too hoping to go to professional beauty in september!! Is this one just as good as Olympia? Better? Will all the big names be at that one too?? As I am still a trade show virgin I have no idea!!

Hopefully see some geeks at that one then!!

Add me to the list of being very green with jeolousy!!!

Glad you had a good spend!! Isn't it great when you spend loads and know that you got some deals on the way?!

I am too hoping to go to professional beauty in september!! Is this one just as good as Olympia? Better? Will all the big names be at that one too?? As I am still a trade show virgin I have no idea!!

Hopefully see some geeks at that one then!!
Had my tickets for this one, then spent what I had saved on Prince tickets - no point going with no money!!
I can't go to the one in September either!! :cry::irked:
I booked a long weekend away with hubby and kids, then found out that it was on the same days! :cry:
Oh dear, I sound so spoilt!! :lol:

Hi guys,
well I have had a great Sunday..... Christine and Dilek what a pair, they had me in stitches and Dilek and I ended up robbing the Haribo's from the Odyssey stand and then getting a freebie too, thanks Sabrina and Sam it was fun....
Jaydee my knight in shining armour bag carrier lol, thanks babe for helping me out and as always it was so fab to spend a bit of time with my fav man (it's ok Richard knows all about our little liasson).
I had my show date with Mrs. Gadget and her friend Kate. What a hoot these two girls are. God 2 years worth of catching up but we managed it lol.
As always it was fab to catch up with the 2 Sams lol, ok The Geek and his Missus. Samantha looked fab as always, she seemed to be all legs lol, great legs too.
Amanda F. she is still a cool chick and we had some great giggles. Loving her new hairdo.
Liza and I had a well deserved hug and her Compnails looked pretty faberoonie, she knows how to strut her stuff xxx.

Appart from that bagged myself some cool bargains with a bit of chat lol...
Got mugged by a lady who insistet I should try out their miracle face glowing powder lol.....I insistet I didn't need it, she insited I did, hence to say I got made over lol, then when she tried to sell it by chucking in a load of cheap mascara and stuff I grabbed my bags and ran..... flat shoes are deffo an advantage there.....
Oh and OMG Rio at the show, I didn't know Argos where exhibiting lol, only kidding guys, but its scary to see such basic non Professional stuff at a show. Lets face it you can get their kit at Argos. Thats like going to the fast car show and someone exhibiting roller skates, promising that you will win the next Grand Prix if you use them...yea righty ho!!!!!
Asked some basic questions and got some basic answers, none of which convinced me to ditch my Brisa lol.....Oh well..... let em get on with it I say xxxx
So just thanks to all the geeks I met,who put a huge smile on my face and made my sunday xxx

Had a fab day too, Ruth it was good to catch up, next time am coming on my own so I dont have to leave early because of Kate's little boy.

Met a few geeks because I was with Ruth obviously, cant remember the names am not that good sorry.

Thanks for the ideas Ruth, on the tips and forms, I bought both!

Spent a fortune got a few bargains, including a few things that weren't on the list!

Cant wait til the next show in September.

Ju xxx

i am so jealous

i had a ticket for the show but i couldn't go as on sunday my 8 month old god daughter was christened and today i was way too tired to even get out of bed

oh well will start saving up for professional beauty in september

glad all those that went had a good time

It was so great to see you again Chris and Gloria sorry i missed you Ruth, i did see a flash go by as i was competing it could have been you snapping up those bargins lol

Also i'd like to say a big thank you to Pippa and Kirsty for letting me tag along with you today you are both so lovely..

I was great to meet Tricky as we haven't met before

And also a huge Thank you to Liza Smith for great advise and also I had to honour of meeting Samuel Sweet the legend, thankyou sam for you kind words about my nails and for you did a fab job at the presentations you made me kaugh the whole way through it was worth staying for just to here you say the names lol

Oh and thankyou Marian aka Mum for the time to chat i'll be pm'ing you none stop lol

Sorry if i've missed anyone xx

It was so great to see you again Chris and Gloria sorry i missed you Ruth, i did see a flash go by as i was competing it could have been you snapping up those bargins lol

Also i'd like to say a big thank you to Pippa and Kirsty for letting me tag along with you today you are both so lovely..

I was great to meet Tricky as we haven't met before

And also a huge Thank you to Liza Smith for great advise and also I had to honour of meeting Samuel Sweet the legend, thankyou sam for you kind words about my nails and for you did a fab job at the presentations you made me kaugh the whole way through it was worth staying for just to here you say the names lol

Oh and thankyou Marian aka Mum for the time to chat i'll be pm'ing you none stop lol

Sorry if i've missed anyone xx

lovely to meet you too:hug:

Had a brilliant day at Olympia yesterday. I savoured every minute of being able to mingle, chat, enjoy the demos and shop since I wasn't competing. Enjoyed watching all the competitors do their stuff and the nails that I saw were excellent.

Got some great deals (30% off!) at the Odyssey stand as well as a goody bag. Also excellent give-away deals on uniforms too. Of course, I couldn't resist getting a few essentials at the Creative stand and enjoyed watching Ketan do his demos. Mr & Mrs Geek were there too and, as usual, kindly took some time out to say hello. Mrs Geek was teasing me about some great educational plans Creative have up their sleeve but she was staying tight lipped so we'll have to wait patiently. Creative also had a great educational offer at the show - pay for one class and get another free!

It was great to catch up with a few geeks too - NailsinLondon1 (that girl sure knows how to strike a bargain!), our darling Jaydee (and I hope you keep your promise lol!), Scratchers (strutting her stuff and doing us proud) and it was a pleasure to meet Angelfingers too (what a girl and what a nail artist - get in that comp circuit girl!!!).

So there ye go - my arms have stretched quite a bit and my feet are still throbbing. Not a surprise since me and Dilek were first through the doors and last out!

Tempted to go back and rattle a credit card again today but trying my best to resist temptation ... :lol::hug:xxx

hey, christine !
really nice to meet you. you did your fair share of research for the nail industry i think. first in and last out, now thats what i call dedication :lol:

although i was working at the show, i still got to meet a few of the geeks, even if some of them were shy about revealing their geek identities :lol
:
it was hard work, but enjoyable, you really do get to meet some lovely people at the shows, and though the folks you chat with are sometimes the users or staff of other companies, i like to think that rather than being competitors, we are all in it together.

i think lechat are exhibiting at gmex next, so see you all there.

Chris ... 1st in & last out ... you must be a companies dream shopper ... or should that be nightmare :lol:

I do enjoy the shows and none so much as the Nailympics.
The atmosphere surrounding the competitons is just awsome... not to mention the talent.
Oh! & kirsty has it spot on about Sam & the awards ... an event in itself!

I didnt spend too much, I seemed to get caught up in chin wagging every few yards, lol!

Yes Chris ... the lovely Samantha was teasing me too ... we'll all be on the edge of our seats now until September!

Susan ... I cant believe I missed you AGAIN! ... I will write Lechat at the top of my list for Sept... though your ears may regret me stopping by!

Dont know how I missed rio but thank heavens I did, what a sad sight that must have been to see ... please tell me they werent busy!!!

Roll on September eh guys... we can do it all again ... if the plastic can stand it that is! :eek:

Pity I missed this one I soo wanted a goody bag from Sab and Sam!!!
Hope to see you all in Manchester:hug:

Chris ... 1st in & last out ... you must be a companies dream shopper ... or should that be nightmare :lol:

I do enjoy the shows and none so much as the Nailympics.
The atmosphere surrounding the competitons is just awsome... not to mention the talent.
Oh! & kirsty has it spot on about Sam & the awards ... an event in itself!

I didnt spend too much, I seemed to get caught up in chin wagging every few yards, lol!

Yes Chris ... the lovely Samantha was teasing me too ... we'll all be on the edge of our seats now until September!

Susan ... I cant believe I missed you AGAIN! ... I will write Lechat at the top of my list for Sept... though your ears may regret me stopping by!

Dont know how I missed rio but thank heavens I did, what a sad sight that must have been to see ... please tell me they werent busy!!!

Roll on September eh guys... we can do it all again ... if the plastic can stand it that is! :eek:

you know what gloria, i think i saw you near the nailtopia stand. you [if it was you !] were on your phone and i thought i'd say hello when you'd finished. so i had a peep on a nearby stand and then when i looked back you were gone !
saw your photo entry though, well done, great work.

Latest posts

Back