Had my baby on Sunday, 1 April, at 26 weeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

july

Reaction score
Hi my beautiful son Alex was born 3 days ago at 25+6 weeks. I was taken into hospital with contractions and was given Nifedipine to ease the contractions and steriods to mature Alex's lungs and managed to hold off until 24 hrs exactly. Alex was delivered normally and taken straight to NICU.

The feelings of guilt and desperation that I have are overwhelming. I feel I have let my baby down by not being able to get to full term and protect him and now I can't look after him whilst he is in hospital. I keep wishing I could wake up from this surreal dream and still be pregnant with 14weeks to go.

So far we are on day 3 and the doctors and nurses in NICU are generally positive. He's managed 1 attempts on CPAP but is too much for him and went back on ventilator.

Does anyone else have experience of a premature baby with pneumonia? I don't know how serious his illness is or what to expect.

I would appreciate hearing your stories and any kind words of wisdom that you have to help me stay positive for my gorgeous boy.

Jules

I don't have any experience to offer you, just my warmest thoughts and prayersxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Firstly a big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

Iknow that it must be heart breaking for you and your family to have in hospital but i am sure everything will turn out for the best.

you are both in my thoughts and i would like to send you both loads of love.

take care.:hug: :hug: :hug:

Big hugs to you and Alex, and hope he will be home with you and your husband soon.:hug: :hug:

my very best wishes go out to you. i do hope thatyour tiny baby does well. please dont feel guilty, you cant stop nature from taking its course. when a baby is ready to come theres nothing you can do to keep it from coming.
i dont have experience of a premature birth, but i am a mum and know how much it means to me. all i can offer are cyber hugs:hug: :hug:

congratulations firstly and you are doing all you can you need to stay strong for our son everything will be just fine and he will be home with you in no time, proberbly trashing your house and wiping food on your walls. good luck and my thoughts are with you chi up you have a new baby.

Congratulations Jules .... it must be a very worrying time for you when it should be such a happy time. He will be having the best of care in NICU and you and Alex are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep close by to Alex as often as you can as he will be able to sense you there watching over him ... sending you lots of :hug::hug::hug:

Doctors and Nurses are truly wonderful at looking after premature babies - our friends boy was born weighing 2lbs or even less .. can't quite remember now... but he is doing fine now and was well looked after. He was born at 28 weeks as his Mum had Preclampsia - he is now a happy healthy 6/7 month old and did really well, although his mum and dad were worried sick.

The hardest part was changing his nappies they said, as he was so tiny.

Congratulations on the birth of Alex and I hope he is home with you as soon as possible for you to really celebrate :hug:

:hug:
All the best Jules, :hug: 's to you & your brand new baby boy.
I know you feel horrible right now, but you must try not to feel guilty as you have nothing to feel guilty about, and you definately dont need to beat yourself up at this intense & difficult time.
Look after yourself xxx :hug:

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son Alex.

Sending you :hug: :hug: that he gets well and is home with you soon xxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son jules.
Please don't ever feel guilty. He is in very good hands. Try not to worry , and look after yourself.

:hug: :hug: xx :hug: :hug:

Jules - I can't offer you any advice with respect to premature babies as my boys were over due.

What I would like to say is that you have a beautiful baby and it sounds as though he is a fighter. Give him plenty of love and talk to him so he knows you are nearby and have faith in that he will soon come off the ventilator.

Sending you, Alex and all your family lots of love :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxx

My thoughta and wishes are with you and your son Alex.At the moment he is in very capable hands and medicine today is wondrous.

I wish you well:hug: :Kissing:

Congratulations on the birth of your lovely boy!! I am a mum and although i don`t have experience of prem birth or illness i can imagine how worried you must be! Please try not to feel guilty as it really is just one of those things that happens sometimes and he is in the best possible place for his condition.
Keep strong for your little bundle of joy and im sure he will be home where he belongs in no time xxxxx

Firstly a big congratulations on the birth of your son.

Unfortunately I can't give you any feedback on this but I just want to wish you well, and hope that your little boy will be fighting fit real soon!

:hug: xxxxx:hug:

my partner has a daughter to his ex who was born at 24 weeks and she is a lively bubbly 5 year old now she did have complications and was on oxygen for 18 months and lost her sight but she is scrummy
your baby will be fine babe keep strong and all will be well its amazing what technology is around nowadays

please let us know how your little bundle gets on

Both of my kids were early and they are fine...
I had the same guilt as yourself, if only still to this day pops into my head when the kids get ill.... I had a small womb and could not go full term with the size the kids were and the amount of water I carried..

Take everyday as it goes and enjoy all that you can, the only thing I can say is... you are a good mummy and as long as you love and care for your baby he will grow up to be a kind and loving child...

Give him a hug for me and the first time he feeds for himself is the best feeling in the whole wide world...pm if I can be of any help:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

They can do so much for the tiniest of babies now.You be brave and keep positive if the nurses say he's doing well then believe them because they wouldn't say it otherwise.xx

Welcome & Hi Alex xox.
& Congratulations to mum & family.

Geeky hugs n best wishes to you all

XX J XX

congratulations hunnio

i was a prem baby and born at 26 weeks (i weighed 1lb 15) that was nrly 28 yrs ago now... think how much more advanced hospitals are now

sending you lots of love hunnio for you and your family :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jess
xoxox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back