Had my baby on Sunday, 1 April, at 26 weeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations hunny.

I don't have experience myself of babies, but my cousin had twins at 29 weeks who had twin to twin syndrome. One was in hospital 5 weeks the other 4 months. They are now both healthy 41/2 year old looking forward to stating school in september.

Lots of hugs to you and your family xxx

Wow.. great encouragment here guys ..:hug:
Hope You will keep us all posted on what is happening. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the baby.

Congratulations on the birth of baby Alex. Sending :hug: and prayers for you.

Hi hunny, I dopnt have any experiance with prems as my daughter was bang on her due date and my son was a couple of days before. But all I can offer is my hugs and to say my thoughts are with you and you family. Oh and also, HI ALEX X X X X X X love and hugs to you too!!!!

Firstly, I want to say

Congratulations on the birth of Alex!

And secondly, you mustn't feel guilty.

As Mummys, we feel that it's our job to protect our babies at all times (which it is). But it's important to accept that at times, things happen to our children which we can do nothing to prevent. We can only love, care for and help our children through (that's real Mummy magic!)
When you hold his hand, try not to feel sadness or guilt. Feel love and strength, and imagine feeding those emotions to him through your touch. Sounds silly, but touch is a very powerful thing.
I wish you and your family love and strength. You are in my thoughts. :hug:

Many thanks for all your replies, this board has been wonderful!
My days are spent driving to the hospital and back -twice a day -and expressing. Alex is doing well at the moment, he's quite active and is steadily gaining weight. He's now 5 days old. I'm scared to death of an infection as everyone there (as in most of the babies there) seems to have cought it and they had massive drawbacks because of it (heart operations, lung complications etc).
Everytime I leave the hospital it's like I leave a piece of me there, I feel so sorry for him having to fight so early for his life. But he's stronger than I thought.
thanx

Jules

Thanks for the update Jules... its good to know you have a little fighter, bless him :hug::hug:

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers hun x

aaahh, so glad he's making progress. it must be heartbreaking leaving him behind.

Babies are alot stronger than we give them credit for. They may be helpless to attend to their needs but they are strong and get stronger as they grow.

Thank you for taking a few minutes and updating us. It means alot to all of us.

have faith~

all of our thoughts and prayers are with you hun, he sounds like a tough little cookie, stay strong xxx

Congratulations hun :hug:

As quite alot have already said, it is a worrying time and with that worry comes all the emotions.

I had my boys early 33+5 and 34+6, not as early as baby alex but still early, the earliest one was a little 5lb scrap and only just touching 16inch in length where as my other lad was 5lb but touching 20inch.

If you was to see them both now at 19 & 20 years both are touching 6ft fighting fit and run me ragged lol

Keep your chin up hun, be there talking to baby alex as much as possible.

I'll be thinking about you and holding you in my thoughts & prayers :hug:

Firstly belated congratulations and secondly it sounds like you have a little fighter on your hands :hug:

aww glad he is fighting hun, just remember to look after yourself hunny, you know eat properly etc, i know its hard and probably the last thing on your mind, all you do is drive back and forth to the hospital, but keep your strength up and keep yourself well, the doctors are looking after alex and noone to look after you ,

keeping you in my thoughts hun

nicky xxxxx

A belated congratulations. Sounds like your little boy is a true fighter. I am sure all will be well. Spend as much time as possible with him and he will feel that you are with him all the way.

Keep us posted as to his progress.

Lots of love

Just wanted to say a HUGE Congratulations & wish you, little one & all the family the very best for the future!! I'm sure he's a fighter & will be keeping you up all hours at home in no time!!!! :hug: :hug:

glad to hear he is doing well thankyou for keeping us updated.:hug:

I am so glad that he is being a little fighter. I wish your family all the Luck in the World and hope that he will be home with you soon xx

Firstly congratulations & well done! I'm glad to hear he's holding his own. x

He sounds like a tough little cookie to me,all my love to you and Alex xxx

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on the birth of your son.
I am actually a senior sister on a neonatal unit so if you want anything explaining if you dont understand I am more than happy to help. I have been a neonatal nurse for 15 years now but I also have experience of having a very sick child my eldest son was very poorly when he was 10 days old and at 13 months unfortunately he now has a few problems but he is a very happy child (well teenager as of 7th April)
You may wonder why I am a salon geek well I actually own a hair and beauty salon so use this site to keep me upto date so I can do the best for my 2 therapists.
I wish you all the best I shall post you a web site of one of our ex premies who was extremely poorly but is doing well his mum cath is an inspiration to the nurses who cared for her son but for lots of our parents too.
Take care
Tracy x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back