Have any of you ever heard of this??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hello_kitty

Reaction score
i was doing my sister inlaws nails to day, a rebalance as i started wrapping her nails to soak them off she looked up to me n said what you doing??? i said soaking you nails off! n she looked at me funny! this is the first time i had done a rebalance on her she had been going to a little chinese lady doing nails from home for a 5er which not being harsh but they where the worst nails i had ever seen. but this lady is runny a so called business from home!
backto story! i said to my sister inlaw why you ask what im doing she replied well the other lady i went to just pulled all the nails off! i was gobsmacked when she said this! what she pulled them off you??? ya she told me its the quickest way to get them off n that it may hurt me but the pain does not last for ever!!! i just can not belive some one is doing this to peoples nails!!! has anyone ever hurd of this before i think it is awfull!!! my sister n laws natural nail are in such a state there is nothing i can do about this women though!!!!:rolleyes:

omg im so tired i have just read my post title lol!!! sorry x

I have a client whose nail tech used to do this too and she would tell me to just pull or rip them off like the other girl would do. :eek:

NO CAN DO!!!

Now she knows better

well at least my not the only one lol!!! i was shocked when i hurd her!!! x

Yep, I've heard it too.

Hi, I just wanted to ask how many people soak a set off for a rebalance? I have never done this infact I very rarely soak a set off. I did have my nails done once when I moved to this town and seem to remember she soaked them before she did an infill which I thought was unusual....

So do you soak everything off and do a new set ????????????????????????????????????????????:eek:

Hi, I just wanted to ask how many people soak a set off for a rebalance? I have never done this infact I very rarely soak a set off. I did have my nails done once when I moved to this town and seem to remember she soaked them before she did an infill which I thought was unusual....

I was just about to ask the same question :) x

Not only have I heard of it, I have seen it done on a so called teaching tutoril on Utube:rolleyes:
But have to say, I don't soak of for a rebalance, I de bulk, bring side walls in, sort out the length and then apply new product, it's much quicker to do it that way :hug:

But if your soaking nails off for a re-balance does that then not make it a whole new set your doing and not a re-balance?:cry: confussed.com

I had a client who said her old nail tech used to use a tip to take off her nails she used to dig it in underneath where the acrylic had grown out and pull it off that way, made me feel ill thinking about the pain! im also confused though when you said you were doing a rebalance but u soaked them off? do you do a new set everytime? x

OMG, yip i've heard of "professionals" or so they call themselves doing that!! I visit several Nail Tech sites (none got a patch on Geek!) And one young girl from America had put a post up asking advice on removing Acrylics, I could'nt believe the amount of replies she got stating to pick from the cuticle upwards and prise off???? WTF?? I then replied to her saying never ever prise, pick, tear the nails off for obvious reasons!! She then sent me a PM asking why so i went on to tell her the way I do it, ie buffing off the shine clipping off the length then soaking cotton wool ball with Acetone, tinfoil & I use a warm towel etc etc, But I have since noticed a couple of ladies have put up similar posts to mine & im maybe being out of line but all the proper advice came from ladies in the UK? Why? Are other countries taught a different barbaric way? Just my opinion & no offence meant. x:eek:

Heard it, but never seen the damage.

The part about soaking of every time, is quite common here in Dk. We are not taught that, but I think majority does this. I used to, in the salon I worked, the reason was time (our time). The client could come in half an hour before, and soaking while I finished the other. I used to think it took to long rebalancing any other way, until I read Gigi's tutorial, and several other tips and tricks on here.

Clients prefer the other way I think (when done properly) as they have to spend less time in the salon...

So I am guessing you soak for a while to soften then product on top and then this allows you to file it away faster??? Does this then not lead to break down of remaining product having sat in acetone for some time?

I have had a client who's ex tech pulled her enhancements off with cuticle nippers. This lady had 15 years experience and owned a salon in the city centre! :eek:

As regards to soaking off for infills. I heard of this just last week to loosen the surface and lifting, if there is any. I know it is used with glitters if the client wants a change of colour but have not used this method myself, not sure that I ever will but am open to be convinced by someone who has done this successfully over a period of time. That's the joy of being on here, you share so many different ways of doing things and then we can choose which ones we want to try! :)

maybe they were beyond repair at the rebalance appointment and she had no choice but to soak them off and start over.or maybe it was just a couple of nails?

anyway, i have definately heard of such malpractice in my town, one place using an old credit card to lever them off via the lifted areas and another man using his long pointed thumbnail as a lever and as a tool to push back the surrounding skin too.

i actually feel a little bit sorry for the previous tech whos only getting £5 for her work, she must be desperate to earn some money to only charge that. sadly i feel she will never be able to if she doesnt get some decent training and start working safely.

Soz girls i didnt notice the point about it being a re-balance, I dont soak off for infills only file/buff down the bulk etc but I do soak off when the extensions are coming off, still find the picking off terrifying due to the fact that when i started out (thinking I knew best) I used to bite/pull my own off & they were so damaged & painful eek naughty naughty hence the reason it scares me now! I would rather spend an extra half hour soaking off & knowing my natural nails r kept in tip top condition, just me tho. x

I hear about salons prying off the nails quite often where I live. I once even had a client suggest to me that maybe I wasn't as highly trained as her old tech because I didn't know that all you had to do was pry off the nail and there I was wasting time by trying to soak them off with acetone. Sometimes I just want to slap people.

She actually said you were not highly trained??!! OMW!
Some people always think they know better, and then all these unqualified nail techs come give us a bad name....

Just think, you have a new client in your chair, and all the while she's thinking: "this girl does not have a clue what she's doing..."

XXX

I've heard of this (just tearing/prying off old work) as well and when I first started, I encountered MANY who were utterly shocked that I'd de-bulk then re-apply fresh product. They seemed even more shocked that I'd do their cuticles first. Many said no one had ever touched them before and had never even heard the word aloud.

Latest posts

Back