Help! My tan tent is horrible

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
All sticky and yacky on the back wall. It's got WORSE since I cleaned it outside with warm water and a little washing up liquid diluted in the water.

Any suggestions? Baby wipes just make it yacky too. Its coming off gradually. Doesn't help that it is brown!

About once a year I take mine outside and using a soft dustpan brush I do inside and out with hot soapy water and hose it off inside and out - it comes up like new, other than that, apart from using a damp cloth on the floor it is fine. HTH

I didn't really think about my tent getting dirty until very recently so I am having similar probs to you, although only really on the floor, not on the walls. I have used warm soap water on it and it is getting better but I have a very short attention span - which is why ST is so good for me as it is so swift - so I get bored very easily. I am going to try hosing mine outside in the garden on the next nice sunny day we have. I'll let you know how I get on! Lx

I hose mine down.
Comes up sparkly afterwards - just DON'T do it on a windy day. Take it from someone who knows!!!!
xxx

You should all be wiping them down at the end of each days spray tanning to avoid the build up :smack: :lol:

I tend to wipe mine down after each use except if I have had a tan party then I will at the next opportunity take it into the garden & spray a little kitchen cleaner inside then hose it down & peg the side to the washing line, it comes up great.

after ive poured my solution ive not used back into the bottle i fill my gun with water and spray into the tent, it cleans gun and tent at the same time and then just wipe the tent dry with couch roll.
x

Hello I do the same as Sams it keeps it clear but to be honest I don't really have much overspray so usually only the floor needs wiping down. :)

after ive poured my solution ive not used back into the bottle i fill my gun with water and spray into the tent, it cleans gun and tent at the same time and then just wipe the tent dry with couch roll.
x

I do this too and it works a treat.

well i was having a problem with overspray but today turned my gun right down so fingers crossed, id rather keep my tent clean as i go along, also just invested in an extractor fan which should make a difference
sam

I do clean it regularly, but I have that many sometimes it's impossible (single mum of two running here there and everywhere that's my excuse anyway) I will try the spraying water through thing that's a good idea.

Think it looks worse cos they sent me a brown tent and it shows it up worse. Yuk!

I get the hosepipe, a brush and some flash and it comes up lovley x

About once a year I take mine outside and using a soft dustpan brush I do inside and out with hot soapy water and hose it off inside and out - it comes up like new, other than that, apart from using a damp cloth on the floor it is fine. HTH

I do this too. I caught my neighbours spying from the window in complete confusion as to what it was and what I was doing with it :lol:

I bought one of the Sienna x Pink tents when I started...everyone loved the big pink tent, but I certainly didn't love cleaning it.

In the winter I put it in the shower folded over but standing up and really hose it downthiw worked at treat. In the summer its the garden hose though, and yeah don't even attempt it on a windy day.

PS I make sure my shower head is at the most powerful and like wise with the hose it blasts the tan off now problem,

I normally hose mine in the garden with just water, that works great, then I leave it to dry upside down inside my daughters trampoline netting so it cant blow away lol.

I normally put a big bath sheet down inside my tent to save some of the cleaning then put the towel through the washing machine. I have a bronze tent too and I love it! much better for letting in light than the black and better for cleaning than the pink! :green: My towel is bronze to match lol.

Latest posts

Back