Hot pink glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd share my new gel set I am currently sporting.
Ive only been doing gel for a couple of months and I'm really enjoying it. I'm still struggling a little with my ski-jumpy nails, but hey I'll get there with practise.
These are hot pink glitter tips with embedded stars.

Picture No1
Picture No2
Picture No3

I like the idea of these but they were a little tricky to pull off, as the points of the stars kept poking through.
What do you guys think?
Any tips or suggestions?
All critique welcome
:hug:

i love glitter tips well done really like the shape too

try to keep the glitter away from the other two zones

fab well done

Wow i want some for my xmas partys !!

How long did it take you to do them ? I really like them :green:

Very nice! I love PINK!!!

Jo love the colour and the shape you have chosen xx
what colour glitter have you used, I have a client who is looking for this colour where is it from?????

they look fab, i love what you have done with the stars.
if you give the stars a little pinch so they are slightly curved instead of sitting dead flat on the nail you shouldn't have the whole...points sticking up too far and buffing through them when refining at the end.

hth

Becks

How did you mix your glitter with the gel? The colour of the pink looks great and very dense which I have struggled with.

Thank you guys.
The glitter I've used is a craft glitter by Art Accentz. They come in sets of four. This is from the Diva set. The colour is called orchid.
I got mine from this seller. As they are getting hard to come by.
eBay.co.uk: DIVA Girl Art Accentz LASER GLITTER Lot Set of 4 (item 8276155959 end time 07-Nov-06 04:00:54 GMT)

I haven't got any spare/ small pots to mix my glitter & gel so Ive been using the dip method.
I apply a thin layer of gel and form a rough smile line. I then dip this lightly into the glitter pot. I then tidy up my smile line using a finer brush.
I then cure.

HTH

Thank you guys.

I haven't got any spare/ small pots to mix my glitter & gel so Ive been using the dip method.
I apply a thin layer of gel and form a rough smile line. I then dip this lightly into the glitter pot. I then tidy up my smile line using a finer brush.
I then cure.

HTH

Well - I would have never thought about dipping the gel nail into the glitter pot. Daft really as I use the Backscratchers Extreme dipping system.

do you flash cure your gel first or dip it raw?

I dip it raw as you say.
Not sure if this is right or wrong as Ive just been doing it!!! lol
I do cure for longer and mainly work on clear tips so the UV can get through.
If I should be doing it differently please let me know as Ive only done the gel gitter tips on myself so far.
Thanks

they are lovely hun as usual !! :green:

they look really nice well done :lol:

Thank you guys.
The glitter I've used is a craft glitter by Art Accentz. They come in sets of four. This is from the Diva set. The colour is called orchid.
eBay.co.uk: DIVA Girl Art Accentz LASER GLITTER Lot Set of 4 (item 8276155959 end time 07-Nov-06 04:00:54 GMT)

I then cure.

HTH

i mix just what i need on the back of a hands down plasic backed pad works perfect for me

i mix just what i need on the back of a hands down plasic backed pad works perfect for me

how do you get the glitter on the nail that way tricky?

if you give the stars a little pinch so they are slightly curved instead of sitting dead flat on the nail...
This is a good idea!

I love the nails Jo, you are fab at nail art :hug:

Thank you guys.

I then cure.

HTH

how do you get the glitter on the nail that way tricky?

i use a brush!

sorry bad reply I mix the gel and the glitter on the back of a pad i then pick up the gel with my brush and apply it to the tip this then stops any glitter flying anywhere else

got head ache today :cry:

with gel on or not (sorry for being thick) - does it still go as dense as Jo's?

yes just add more glitter if you need more in the mix :hug:

Lovely work jo as usual see you tomorrow :hug:

Latest posts

Back