Hot wax or warm wax for Hollywood/brazilians?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
Thats the question thats been bugging me for a while!

Used the hot wax twice and found it fiddly, but apparently less painfull for clients? Ive only had a brazilian with warm wax and that does hurt, but that could just be me, i intend to have one with hot wax to compair, but am struggling to find a salon that uses hot wax where i live!

What do you guys use and why?

x

i use a really thin aromatherapy wax from cetuem for brazilian, its really gentle on the skin and easy to use! i hate working with hot wax and find it really fiddly on the underneath!!!

I only ever use non-strip wax on bikini. You need to be confident using the wax before you tackle this area though. It may seem fiddly when you first start using it, but it's the same with everything-once you get used to it it's a breeze.
I find it much nicer on the skin. Clients always say how less painful it is and it doesn't leave the skin as red as strip wax.
:)

I have currently been using Berins Blue non-strip wax for bikinis and sensitive areas like the face and Crystal Ocean for the legs.

My probelm with the non-strip is that for bikini it takes ages to set and to date has been a bit of a faff for bikinis.

I did a bikini on a friend this morning, using non-strip for one side and stip for the other and the strip one both for speed and for client comfort. It is not very comfortable for the client when they have to lye there in an undignified way waiting for the wax to set. I am relatively new to waxing so it could be my technique could be improved but ...:rolleyes:

I have currently been using Berins Blue non-strip wax for bikinis and sensitive areas like the face and Crystal Ocean for the legs.

My probelm with the non-strip is that for bikini it takes ages to set and to date has been a bit of a faff for bikinis.

I did a bikini on a friend this morning, using non-strip for one side and stip for the other and the strip one both for speed and for client comfort. It is not very comfortable for the client when they have to lye there in an undignified way waiting for the wax to set. I am relatively new to waxing so it could be my technique could be improved but ...:rolleyes:

Hi Christine

It *might be* that you are using the Blue too thickly if it is taking a long time to set. Just a thought :hug:

Hi Christine

It *might be* that you are using the Blue too thickly if it is taking a long time to set. Just a thought :hug:

Thanks Zoe, I'll bear that in mind. I just don't want to give up with the hot wax. My other difficulty is maintaining the temperature for the hot wax in my 1000cc heater x:hug:

Thanks Zoe, I'll bear that in mind. I just don't want to give up with the hot wax. My other difficulty is maintaining the temperature for the hot wax in my 1000cc heater x:hug:

Hot wax all the way.

Dawn

Some months ago i would have shaken my head at anyone using soft wax for intimate areas and would have only used the hardwax but since trying the creme wax not only in tests but also with various therapists and clients I am now only using the creme wax for intimate if the hair growth and density is not too much.

Personally i have tried it on me and the creme wax seems to pull the hair much more efficiently, leave the skin and be much quicker without the waiting for the hard wax to set.

For me its creme wax all the way on a female intimate!!!

Stick with it Chris, the Berins is a superb wax and its just about tweeking your technique to get the best out of the wax.

Try putting on thinner strips in depth and width, a few at a time so by the time you have put on 3 or 4 strips around the bikini area, the first strip is more than ready to lift off. There is no waiting around if you do it in a systematic way. The strip should be almost transparent and not deep in colour, if it is, then you are definately applying too thickly and this is why its taking longer to set up. I keep my Hive 1000cc heater on 1.5 constantly and either keep the lid removed or keep the lid on to maintain temperature. If the wax is getting a little lower in the pot and seems to be getting a little too warm whilst working with it, add a few beads to one side of the pot and this will cool it quickly to continue working.(I find keeping the heater full and topping up after each client works the best for me).

Honestly Chris.. don't give up on an excellent product before you have given it a good chance, it sounds like you are all but there with your application other than a little tweek here and there :)

:hug:

If you have a warm room you might get on better with the jet set which does set quicker than the blue....we have sometimes even mix some jet set in with the blue which seems to do the trick.

HTH and don't give up...keep trying and you will get there in the end :hug:

If I had my way, I'd ban strip wax on Intimate waxing. Non strip/Hot wax every time for me. xx

As a client I have never experienced Hot Wax, unfortunately:irked:

As a therapist I get recommended regularly to new clients from my existing client base because they all prefer Hot Wax.

hth's

From a clients point of view, I've been waxed with warm and hot wax....in the words of the jalepeno in the subway advert "HOT HOT!!!!!" all the way. far more comfortable. xxx

I agree with the others-stick at it! When i first started using the non-strip wax it would take me longer and i would put the strips on too thick. I breeze through it now and it probably takes me less time actually than using strip wax. It's very effective at getting all the hairs out and grabs the shorter one too :)

Thanks everyone for your encouraging feedback! Won't give up. Will keep at it and hopefully will get there in the end - will let you know when lol! xxx:hug:

If I had my way, I'd ban strip wax on Intimate waxing. Non strip/Hot wax every time for me. xx

Months ago I would have agreed and i wouldnt have even done a bikini wax with soft wax but it seems there is huge differences in the different waxes and the one i am using is amazing for not only the larger areas but also down to female intimate and as a therapist, trainer and client i wouldnt go back to hard wax for it......

There is areas that soft/creme was cant do as good but ..................

Months ago I would have agreed and i wouldnt have even done a bikini wax with soft wax but it seems there is huge differences in the different waxes and the one i am using is amazing for not only the larger areas but also down to female intimate and as a therapist, trainer and client i wouldnt go back to hard wax for it......

There is areas that soft/creme was cant do as good but ..................

Fair enough. So out of interest, do you not recommend your hot wax for intimate waxing anymore? xx

My opinion is that you can have people that work wonders with strip wax and people that can use hot wax and rip you to shreds and vice versa.
Know your wax, use a decent one be good at what you do and strip or hot you will be able to do a good painless effective job.

Oh yes we still train with hardwax for intimate areas and face. I would always use hardwax on intimate male waxing and for the female intimate it very much depends on the hair but astonishingly many female clients find the creme wax much more comfortable.

For facial waxing its a definite for hardwax and for underarms it very much depends on the hair...............so as everything its not black and white but there is shades of grey but for me and many other clients the creme wax has proven to be far quicker and more reliable in removing hair in certain areas.

Having said that i do believe it also depends on which wax you are using as i dont think all soft waxes would be able to give the same effect and comfortable feel for the client....

hth :hug:

I'm with Kim on this; no matter what the brand of wax. Hot wax all the way.

Latest posts

Back