How about a help the newbie competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will sooo have to watch this one:lol: she is hard work, always boozin lmao. Love ya really Fi :hug:

Me????:eek: I will bribe my mentor with red Kola and sprouts :lol::lol:

Me????:eek: I will bribe my mentor with red Kola and sprouts :lol::lol:
As long as it's rioja disguised as red kola we'll get on just fine :green:

**Stands in line shuffling her feet**

If I'm allowed to play i would love you to mentor me??

aww shucks!!!!
of course!! if youll have me?
do you know what youre letting yourseolf in for though?

As long as it's rioja disguised as red kola we'll get on just fine :green:

Wel I don't normally condone alcholol but on this occassion........................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

do we get to pick or will be randomly placed with someone?

aww shucks!!!!
of course!! if youll have me?
do you know what youre letting yourseolf in for though?

weeeee!! cant wait!
Teach me master lotus blossom!!
(why am i having karate kid flash backs?? wax on.. wax orf!):green:

OK OK calm down everyone!

It's great to see such enthusiasm between you all! I have lots of work to do with the mods yet, just want to see if there was an interest for it, and Sass has already said that IF it goes ahead it will need to be after the current competition which I think I am right in saying doesn't end till sept 30th so you will have to wait a lttle longer yetf or the actual competition

Also don't get too carried away with picking your mentors just yet as it will depend on how many mentors we get for each system and how many newbies we get for each system.

If all goes well the competition will be based on the work of the newbies and also how much they have improved under the guidance of the mentors, so you guys will be getting some action too!

Will post again as soon as I know something! but please keep adding the posts if you are interested!

I think this is a great idea as being a newbie myself i would love to do competions so i cant wait to enter and start getting the confidence that i really need thanks for suggesting this x x x:)

I qualified last May, but haven't had much practise lately. I would love to be mentored. Can I play? Pretty please?????????

Just out of college so not much practice and lacking in confidence. Would love to be involved, please, please, please!!! :):):)

Babs xxx:hug:xxx

I'll be a mentor, as long as I can PM more experienced mentors if I need to......!!! I'm an L+P girl, and happy to help if I can!

I'd love to be part of this but I won't be qualified for another eight weeks.

Oh well, maybe next time:cry:

i would soooooo love to be part of this ....

what a fab idea

Here is my thinking

All those newbies who have had some sort of training but are not yet confident in their work and don't take part in other competitions could be paired up with a more experienced tech (I am talking nails here)

Then say over a 2 week period newbie goes at it like a mad woman or man and send piccs to said mentor for critique and pointers on where and how to improve. At the end of the 2 weeks (if you think that is long enough) they submit competion style nails on real hands (so that they get a bit of a feel for competitions) and then a winner can be voted for!

This is just a rough idea, let me know what you think??

What a Fab Idea.

I'm up for it.:hug:

Ok , I think this is a fab idea ,
Now I am not the best nail tech lol, but I do have a very picky eye !!!
so I would be happy to mentor someone to the best of my ability,
(not promising miracles haha but ill have a go)

Also If anybody does fancy giving me a hand ..somebody very patient who can put up with mini tantrums,... I am dying to have a go at comp style enhancements, As one day I would love to enter competitions,
So i know i wont qualify to enter the newbie comp...but id still love help in this area anyway please xxxx

OK, the comp I organised is going on now, but if you would like to start a new one please put your proposals in to Samuel and the mods.
If you need any help feel free to pm me and I'll help as much as possible x

oh I could do with some mentoring! could I bagsy Bagpuss for my mentor?:)

I think this is a fabulous idea. I'm not sure if I'm really good enough to be a mentor, but I'd be willing to try if you're short on mentors, just pity the poor bugger that gets stuck with me.

Latest posts

Back